McKinsey & Company

Three Rounds of interviews:
    1st Round - test
    2nd Round - 2 case interviews + fit questions
    3rd Round - 3 case interviews + fit questions

Read website which has extensive explanations of interview process and practice cases. Get a hold of business school case books for further practice and refinement of structured problem solving techniques. Practice doing calculations by hand, short cuts, and doing calculations in front of people.

The feedback I received was that I was energetic, genuine, and seemed comfortable. Try not to be nervous. Also have structured responses for fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tech company wants to enter the healthcare space. You have a meeting with the client next week. How would you think about structuring this meeting.   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Two interviews for first round, four interviews for second round. Each interview was an hour long - 20 minutes on behavioral and 40 minutes of casing. Behavioral questions are in-depth (e.g., you are asked to give very specific details). The cases are challenging and follow the format of the online practices cases. Best way to succeed is to practice casing using their online materials/videos.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary is comparable (if not identical) to other top consulting firms. I did not feel like I had any power to ask for a higher salary (nor did I feel like I needed one).

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Applied through campus recruiting from a target university. They had a series of events leading up to the interview including coffee chats with consultants and a case interview workshop. The interview was standard two interviews, each an hour long, split into personal experience and case interview. You're advised to use a different story for each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Delve into a story where you had to persuade someone to do something. Develop a product strategy for a wine manufacturer and distributor.   Answer Question

Summer(Sophomore Diversity Leaders) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Applied online and was contacted to set up an interview at the nearest office. Scheduled online and was interviewed by two different Associates. Each interview took about 40 minutes--both were extremely friendly and the environment was very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Half was case interview, half was personal (going over parts on resume, etc.). There were no "brainteasers" or anything of that sort at all.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn, process was formal and professional, HR wants to make sure they are hiring the best and the brightest.

I would have been what they call an experienced hire, meaning not someone straight out of undergrad or business school. I think the process for experienced hires is a bit more vague, and it seems like most people who land a job here get it through a campus recruiting program.

BA- Operation (Implementation ) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Applied through email. Was contacted 2-3 month later. Was invited for PST, it was very hard. Practice online a lot ! the week after I was contacted and been told that I passed the PST and interviews are within 2 weeks. Day one I had 4 interviews each one had a case and behavioral part (about 30 case -20 behavioral). Day two, I had one intense interview, it was only behavioral (no case). questions were tough. Mainly about leadership and communication/presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • List and explain 5 different strategies to convince someone that your point of view is correct   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I had gotten an interview through my school's on-campus recruiting program. The interview did not really deviate from the descriptions that I had found in various prep books. It consisted of two back-to-back interviews with different consultants. Each interview began with a heavily-guided behavioral question, in which I had to tell a story relating to a situation ("tell me about a time when you..."), and followed the storytelling with a case. The cases were pretty straightforward. There were a few quantitative questions in each case, but nothing more difficult than basic arithmetic. Each interview concluded with a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any curveball questions. Just do your practice cases.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2015.

Standard, multi-part business case and experience interview focused on example management consulting situations and challenging situations from past work. Several components are assessed on each part, and process is repeated with slight variations across 3 interviewers over a 3 hour period.

Interview Questions
    • What about your current role makes you an asset for the role to which you're applying?   Answer Question

Procurement Systems Interview

I got a called and held a quick phone interview, after which I was asked to come to the office. Once I got there, it seemed to me the person had no idea we had talked on the phone before and exchanged emails... Before I sat for the interview though, I was given an excel test, which I was first told I would have 30 minutes, but it turned out to be 20. I was also told I would be given a wonderlic test, but I was not given any. My overall impression is that the office is ran by very snobby people.

Business Analyst/Management Consultant Interview

There's resume screening, then I got the chance to revise my office preferences (which I indicated in the application form). The next stage was the first round on-site interview with 2 consultants. The final (or second to the last stage, depending on circumstances) moved on to the second round on-site interview with 3 consultants. Very pleasant experience. The recruiter is very professional and nice.

Typical interviews, and the formats are identical to what McKinsey posted on its website. There are case-coaching sessions right before each round (once one proceeds beyond the first-round). It seems that most APD and Associate hires go through three on-site interviews by default. Undergrad BA hires go through two on-site interviews.