McKinsey & Company Management Consultant Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2014

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consultant Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

The first step in the application process is to submit a cv and depending on location preference a short personal essay may be required.
The next step in the process is the McKinsey Problem Solving test where candidates have to complete a one hour multiple choice test in the office of the company to test their numerical and verbal reasoning relating to several business cases. The company offered the opportunity to complete a practice test preceding the final test and these were conducted in a fairly informal way in their offices. This section was demanding on candidates maths skills and many candidates seemed to miss out at this point.
If candidates were successful in the test, they were quickly notified and moved onto the first round of interviews which involved interviews with 2 McKinsey consultants. The interviews consisted of a personal interview and a case study. The personal interview involved focusing on one specific experience in great detail which was very challenging and required high levels of detail. The case study portion of the interview involved working through a company's position and is similar to those completed on their website.

Interview Questions
  • I think the most difficult question was in responding to the personal question which delved into personal relationships that I had with other people who I had worked with in the past. They really sought to tease out any tensions that occurred between myself and others and how I had dealt with them. They explored how I dealt with people from different backgrounds and abilities and sought great detail about my experiences and my response to them. The interviewers searched for occasions when I had been in conflict with others and how I dealt with it. Over the course of half an hour or so,They acquired a great amount of detail and really teased out my understanding of my own behaviour and how it influenced others.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Management Consultant Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

The interview was great. Described the position, departments, and kind of projects you'd working on. Asked about experience, successes, challenges, and next steps.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a client that has low employee/staff morale   Answer Question

Worked for McKinsey & Company? Contribute to the Community!