McKinsey & Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in April 2008.

Interview Details – The initial communication began with an online application that was routed to a specific practice group. Then began one of 3 phone interviews, then a day of back-to-back in-person interviews. Each in-person interview was one-on-one, but each consisted of testing a different part of my background (personality, problem solving, domain-specific knowledge). Finally, I had 3 more phone interviews with senior firm employees.

Interview Question – Take a look at this survey output and tell me what it means to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I made an attempt to negotiate, but was told "this is what we offer for your position."

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in August 2011.

Interview Details – Approaced by consultant, 2 round of telephonic interviews followed by Batch day face to face interviews, mix of experience and case interviews.
Round 1 (Telephonic) - some basic experience, case to calculate Indians travelling to Thailand
Round 2 (Telephonic) - this time recruiter gave me more information and sought less from me. No case was discussed. Provided detailed background and clarifications on role
Round 3(face to face) - detailed experience interview and one case from retailing industry (how to regain lost market share)
Round 4 (afce to face) - only case interview on launching new business in new territory (this is where i made a silly mental calculation mistake)

Interview Question – 3 cases were discussed in 4 interviews   Answer Question

Worked for McKinsey & Company? Contribute to the Community!