McKinsey & Company Senior Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

4.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2012.

Very professional process, McKinsey is very supportive of the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us how you had to convince someone to accept your opinion   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2007.

Flew to Chicago to have the interview the following day. The interview was scheduled for 7 am and I was 5 hours jet lagged. Still was made to wait for 3+ in the building lobby until it was my turn.

The interview itself consisted the typical McKinsey case studies with two guys. The first guy was more senior and laid back, while the other was very arrogant and seemed to get done asap.

Overall the experience was very negative, humiliating actually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in May 2007.

These guys are professionals. They were 100% on top of things throughout the whole process - nothing ever slipped through the cracks. As for the interviews themselves, they were difficult b/c McKinsey gives a case interview and a fit/experience interview in which they are looking for certain evidence that you'll fit in the firm. The cases were too bad, but they definitely had a lot of numbers - dexterity with math is a must. And they push on the fit/experience part just as hard for evidence of accomplishment and leadership.

Interview Questions
    • It was a question about offer rates and close rates for a sales force in dealing with customers   View Answer
    No - there is really no negotiating b/c their compensation is set at offer time and then varies to peers only after performance is assessed.

Senior Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in June 2009.

Post MBA active recruiting from Mckinsey - Invited to apply to the test Easy test +. 2+ 4 interviews; first 2 interviews run by 2 EM (+/- 4 years in the firm) very structured interview with case interview section and behavior (past experience) section. If well prepared the difficulty level is medium to high. second round of 4 interviews with junior and senior partners. not so structured mix of case and behavior questions, targets the more natural parts of the interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • 1- what is the thing that you most regret on your professional life and why? 2- Particular case question about the expected profitability of a specific loan strategy on retail banking (still what is valuable is that you have a MECE approach to the case questions)   Answer Question
    No negotioation really. Only on the begining date !

Senior Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in June 2012.

was brought in through a headhunter as an experienced hire. went for a full day interview. although I had only 4 days to prepare (knew nothing about the process beforehand), managed to pass the PST test and morning interviews(3) and get to the partner interviews(2). Didn't work out in the end, feedback was that I wasn't strong enough on quant, analysis and math.

Interview Questions
    • An insurance company has $500k clients who pay a premium of $2000.
      Find out the number of employees of the company.
        View Answer
    • A Telecom company wants to increase its profits   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

The process took a day - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2008.

As I was already working in consultancy, I was contacted by a headhunter who did all the preparatory work from handing in my CV to arranging the interview date and briefing me about what was going to happen on that day. I had a series of 4 interviews in a row, including classic case studies (2), one "personal fit" interview, and a mixture of both. The interviewers were rather senior members of the firm with a no-nonsense attitude, however, the atmosphere was very friendly and laid back. Each of the IVs lasted around an hour, followed by ~5-10 break. I was informed about the firm's decision immediately after the 4th IV and then was invited for the final IV which took place 1 week later and was mainly about starting date, office choice, etc. Overall, the setting was highly professional but not unfriendly at any time.

Interview Questions

Worked for McKinsey & Company? Contribute to the Community!