McKinsey & Company

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2009.

Interview Details – Got in touch with me after i posted my resume on the career site. Initial phone screen followed by a practice round of case interviews. Another 2 case interviews on the phone, then a kind of functional interview, then round 1 on-site which were 4 interviews. Then final round on site with again 4 interviews.... Exhausting process but wonderfully helpful folks. Too bad i wont have a chance to work with them.

Interview Question – Questions on your past work and experiences.   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online Application. Initial Call, 1to1 Discussion, Negotiation, Offer roll out and acceptance

Interview Question – This being the 3rd company in less than a year, How do you see yourself as a stable person or why should we consider in you being a person who will stick to this job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiters are open negotiable for a reasonable Win Win Situation

Specialist

The process took 2 months - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in May 2012.

Interview Details – Went through a referral. First was a recruiter screen followed by a phone case (2 weeks later). 2 weeks after that I had my first round which included 2 1:1 with EMs and a PST. Both interviews included a case and a fit portion. For the final round, it was with 3 Partners. Very interesting interviews with a healthy mix of cases, experience examples, hypothetical situations as well as helpful information form the interviewers. Also coaching sessions before the phone case and before the final round were very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiated joining date.

Worked for McKinsey & Company? Contribute to the Community!