McKinsey & Company Summer Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

4.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Online application, numerical test at one European office closest to my place, then flight to the office I applied to, a super-day with 5 interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Summer Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Initially, I had to do a test and there was a pre-interview workshop. Then there were two interviews at the London offices, both involving both a personal experience element and a written case study.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

interviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2012.

First round consisted of 2 one on one interviews at the office. First was competency based and short case, second was a longer case. Very friendly staff.

Final round consisted of 3 interviews + a coffee chat at hotel in the countryside. Interviews included case studies, competency and role playing. Very friendly staff who are eager to make your experience worthwhile.

Definitely made my like the company more.

Interview Questions
    • Business Case: Whether or not a mobile phone distributor should close up all of its brick and mortar stores to make space for ecommerce expansion.   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

I've attended to an information session at our college then applied online. There were two rounds of interview, at the first round I had two interviews with an associate partner and an engagement manager. In the second round, I had 3 interviews with an associate partner, engagement manager and a partner. The interviews were typical case interviews although in the first round they asked some 'leadership' questions.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

It was extremely well organized and was very indicative of the type of work that I ended up doing as an analyst. Went through three rounds - first round consisted of a written exam and the second and third rounds were conducted on site and consisted of three cases each.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santiago (Chile)
    Anonymous Employee in Santiago (Chile)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2012.

The first step of the process involves a problem solving test sat at the Mckinsey London office. This is a one hour test with just under 30 questions involving qualitative and quantitative reasoning skills. No calculators allowed.

The second step were first round interviews which were two back to back interviews lasting about 45 minutes each with two consultants. The three main components of the interivew were personal experience interview, case study and some time at the end of the interview to ask questions about Mckinsey.

Interview Questions
    • Personal experience interview section focuses mainly on one of the four major blocks that Mckinsey are looking for in consultants.   Answer Question
    • Case studies are variable and depends on the interviewers' past experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst (Summer) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at McKinsey & Company in February 2010.

Really great experience. Once invited to the McKinsey Challenge, you go in the first night for an informal mixer. The second day you're setup into teams and assigned a case to crack. McKinsey consultants are placed in each team room to both help and evaluate you.

They took us to dinner and curling the second day. Winning team got $750 & a bottle of champagne each.