McKinstry Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.8

Business Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKinstry.

2 Rounds of interviews -

Round 1: Manager interview (one on one)- informal conversation of my work experience with correlation to the role, 'About Yourself'.

Round 2: Interview with two other business managers, and group's Vice President. Similar conversation as first round interview. Much more formal, question and answer.

Critical Facility Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKinstry in March 2013.

Contacted by HR for phone interviews. Then on site interview with hiring manager, followed up by interview with Engineering Manager of building owner company

Interview Questions
    • "Standard" questions asked by HR personnel with little or no knowledge of the subject matter.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was attempted and company responded by explaining overtime and shift differential

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a weekinterviewed at McKinstry in November 2011.

After applying I was contacted via email by a recruiter requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled through emails. Did initial phone interview with recruiter which lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to schedule a face to face interview with the stakeholder (was not familiar with this term, turns out to be the hiring manager.) Arrived for my interview on time but the hiring manager was 20 minutes late, left me with the impression he was not prepared.

Interview Questions
    In hindsight I would have asked for more. Recruiter asked me in advance what I would be comfortable with and that was what they offered me, left me with an uncomfortable feeling that I had undersold myself.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKinstry in May 2009.

The people on the interview were very nice and friendly. There was not too much stress. Make sure to be able to answer questions about how you handled problems. There were a lot of questions about leadership experience. So make sure you have answers like that prepared. Also, be prepared to answer questions about business related terms. Some other questions were stress questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficultt leadership experience that you have had? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question