McKinstry Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.9

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKinstry in September 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with an HR person, a means to filter through unqualified candidates. Once the first was over an in-person interview was set up followed by another brief verification follow up phone call. The process was overall informal but through, good people and encouraging environment.

Interview Questions

• Some standard interview questions to get the ball rolling but it was pretty free-hand thereafter   Answer Question

Business Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKinstry (Seattle, WA).

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews - Round 1: Manager interview (one on one)- informal conversation of my work experience with correlation to the role, 'About Yourself'. Round 2: Interview with two other business managers, and group's Vice President. Similar conversation as first round interview. Much more formal, question and answer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKinstry (Madison, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a long process. Their recruiter contacted me while I was currently employed. It was a bunch of phone interviews along with 3 in person interviews. I was never once introduced or interview with counterparts of my team. There was definitely a reason why that was not done and I found out once I joined the team. Once I received the offer we had a ton of negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate as much as possible. I was able to get much more than was initially on the table.

Critical Facility Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKinstry in March 2013.

Interview

Contacted by HR for phone interviews. Then on site interview with hiring manager, followed up by interview with Engineering Manager of building owner company

Interview Questions

• "Standard" questions asked by HR personnel with little or no knowledge of the subject matter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was attempted and company responded by explaining overtime and shift differential

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McKinstry (Portland, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

Brief and with no point. I knew more than the Unit Manager. Really not much more to say than that: the individual was/is unqualified for their position....they have since been terminated.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at McKinstry (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying I was contacted via email by a recruiter requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled through emails. Did initial phone interview with recruiter which lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to schedule a face to face interview with the stakeholder (was not familiar with this term, turns out to be the hiring manager.) Arrived for my interview on time but the hiring manager was 20 minutes late, left me with the impression he was not prepared.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In hindsight I would have asked for more. Recruiter asked me in advance what I would be comfortable with and that was what they offered me, left me with an uncomfortable feeling that I had undersold myself.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKinstry (Seattle, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was with 3 department leads. Then the departments decided which one was a good fit. I had three more interviews with Upper Management, prospective co-workers and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you a beg for forgiveness type or ask for permission? How to resolve conflicts with upset coworkers? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are you passionate about in life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer so there was no negotiation. I wanted to work for McKinstry because of it's reputation.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKinstry (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Meet PM, HR managers, sit with all of them. They each took turns asking and answering questions. They wanted to know about my past employers and projects I had done as well as responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to relocate   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations were needed

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKinstry in May 2009.

Interview

The people on the interview were very nice and friendly. There was not too much stress. Make sure to be able to answer questions about how you handled problems. There were a lot of questions about leadership experience. So make sure you have answers like that prepared. Also, be prepared to answer questions about business related terms. Some other questions were stress questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficultt leadership experience that you have had? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question