McLagan

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McLagan.

Interview Details – Applied through school service. At first, there was a phone interview with basic questions with HR person. I actually got into the second round, went up there for an on-site interview. Besides the regular questions with two managers and the HR person, I was also asked to show my ability using Excel and then submit a writing sample.

Interview Question – All regular questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McLagan in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screening and on-site interview ---- you either have to go to Cornell, Gettysburg, or know someone

Interview Question – Know Excel buzzwords like "vlookup" and "pivot table"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low pay

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Stamford, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at McLagan in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was with a young Associate that did not know how to conduct an invoking interview very well-- be it lack of experience, interest, or busy schedule. The interviewer did not ask any of the typical screening questions-- ergo strengths/weaknesses, technical/financial skills or knowledge, extesive background questions, etc. Interviewer asked 2 questions-- last job and why you want this job. Then asked if I had questions. Total interview time was less than 20mins and I left feeling like it was a timed exercise to see how fast he could hang up. Bad experience.

Interview Question – Describe your last job and why you want this one. No other questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took an offer in Manhattan with a consulting firm instead. Did not like the interview experience from start to finish.

Asset Management Analyst (Reward Consulting) Interview

Asset Management Analyst (Reward Consulting)
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McLagan in February 2014.

Interview Details – one telephone interview, got invited to Face to face interview with a senior partner and associate, general competent based question. Why mclagan? what we do as a company? how you can help us?

Interview Question – would you support HS2 or Boris Airport?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
London, England (UK)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at McLagan in March 2007.

Interview Details – Normally consist of an interview with a senior member of staff - Associate or VP, and then the manager of the team your interviewing for. Over a period of 2 days and multiple interview each time - one on ones and panel. Mostly personality and background based initially to make sure that applicants are a good fit for the firm and the culture. It is no surprise that more than half of the office are born in May - seems we have similar dispositions!

Interview Question – What type of reward scenarios have you been involved in on a consulting basis?   View Answer

Worked for McLagan? Contribute to the Community!