McLagan Interview Questions

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McLagan.

Applied through school service. At first, there was a phone interview with basic questions with HR person. I actually got into the second round, went up there for an on-site interview. Besides the regular questions with two managers and the HR person, I was also asked to show my ability using Excel and then submit a writing sample.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McLagan in December 2011.

Phone screening and on-site interview ---- you either have to go to Cornell, Gettysburg, or know someone

low pay

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at McLagan in April 2011.

Initial phone interview was with a young Associate that did not know how to conduct an invoking interview very well-- be it lack of experience, interest, or busy schedule. The interviewer did not ask any of the typical screening questions-- ergo strengths/weaknesses, technical/financial skills or knowledge, extesive background questions, etc. Interviewer asked 2 questions-- last job and why you want this job. Then asked if I had questions. Total interview time was less than 20mins and I left feeling like it was a timed exercise to see how fast he could hang up. Bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your last job and why you want this one. No other questions.   Answer Question

Took an offer in Manhattan with a consulting firm instead. Did not like the interview experience from start to finish.

Asset Management Analyst (Reward Consulting) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McLagan in February 2014.

one telephone interview, got invited to Face to face interview with a senior partner and associate, general competent based question. Why mclagan? what we do as a company? how you can help us?

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at McLagan in March 2007.

Normally consist of an interview with a senior member of staff - Associate or VP, and then the manager of the team your interviewing for. Over a period of 2 days and multiple interview each time - one on ones and panel. Mostly personality and background based initially to make sure that applicants are a good fit for the firm and the culture. It is no surprise that more than half of the office are born in May - seems we have similar dispositions!

Interview Questions
    • What type of reward scenarios have you been involved in on a consulting basis?   View Answer

Worked for McLagan? Contribute to the Community!