McLagan Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McLagan.

Interview

Applied through school service. At first, there was a phone interview with basic questions with HR person. I actually got into the second round, went up there for an on-site interview. Besides the regular questions with two managers and the HR person, I was also asked to show my ability using Excel and then submit a writing sample.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McLagan (Stamford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

There were three sequential interviews with one Director then an Associate then one Associate and a Senior Analyst. I spoke about my diverse experiences in college writing, editing, managing a small project and fundraising. I received a brain teaser question from an eager Sr. Analyst who wanted to see how good my common sense math was, and I did just fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were entrepreneurial.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McLagan (Stamford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone screening and on-site interview ---- you either have to go to Cornell, Gettysburg, or know someone

low pay

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McLagan (Stamford, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with a young Associate that did not know how to conduct an invoking interview very well-- be it lack of experience, interest, or busy schedule. The interviewer did not ask any of the typical screening questions-- ergo strengths/weaknesses, technical/financial skills or knowledge, extesive background questions, etc. Interviewer asked 2 questions-- last job and why you want this job. Then asked if I had questions. Total interview time was less than 20mins and I left feeling like it was a timed exercise to see how fast he could hang up. Bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your last job and why you want this one. No other questions.   Answer Question

Took an offer in Manhattan with a consulting firm instead. Did not like the interview experience from start to finish.

Asset Management Analyst (Reward Consulting) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McLagan (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

one telephone interview, got invited to Face to face interview with a senior partner and associate, general competent based question. Why mclagan? what we do as a company? how you can help us?

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McLagan (London, England (UK)) in March 2007.

Interview

Normally consist of an interview with a senior member of staff - Associate or VP, and then the manager of the team your interviewing for. Over a period of 2 days and multiple interview each time - one on ones and panel. Mostly personality and background based initially to make sure that applicants are a good fit for the firm and the culture. It is no surprise that more than half of the office are born in May - seems we have similar dispositions!

Interview Questions

• What type of reward scenarios have you been involved in on a consulting basis?   1 Answer