McLane Company

Updated Oct 5, 2014

2.0

QA Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McLane Company in September 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later to set up an interview. Interview is one on one. Basic interview. They ask a few questions then they talk about the position. Pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    Set payscale. No room for negotiation.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McLane Company.

As with most of the jobs, I applied online. I can't remember at this time if after I completed the application the system asked me for a test (I have applied for a lot of jobs recently and most of them require you to pass some kind of test about actitude and skills). Expect some kind of test anyway because it seems it's becoming a standard in the jobmarket. You won't have the chance for an interview if you don't pass the tests. Most of the times you don't have to take it inmediately, but you will have a frame of time for doing it.
    They schedule 4 people including me for interview at the same time. It had a logic: The HR manager (by the way, a very friendly person) explained us the hiring process, about the company and some general policies. After that, that manager interview individualy each of us. It was a friendly interview (no questions as a Middle Age inquisitor...). After that, I are interviewed by your future supervisor. This one was very friendly and allows you to explain in details all your answers without interrupt you and walk with you to show you, if hired, where you will work.
    That same day, you finish with the HR Manager to complete some paper work for a phisical test, background and drugs.
    Once they get the result of the investigations, you'll be called to orientation.
    IT HAS BEEN A VERY EASY PROCESS FOR ME.

None.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McLane Company.

Very quick process, applied for the position and interviewed within a week. Phone interview then face to face. Very easy to obtain employment as long as you display sales skills

Interview Questions
    • What is servicing the sale mean to you?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McLane Company in April 2014.

Interviewed for a Dispatcher position and was on time but the interview did not start on time and was extremely brief. Felt I was a good fit and would excel in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer wanted me to ask more questions for them to answer.   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McLane Company in February 2013.

Filled out application online, HR called 2 weeks later to set up interview. Met with manager and supervisor and talked about my military experience and where I see myself in 5 years.

Driver Interview

they hired at job fairs

not hard

Maintenance Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McLane Company in September 2012.

good,no issues

yes,able to negotiate a good pay rate

Network Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McLane Company in March 2012.

The interview consisted of a phone interview followed by a skills/IQ test. There was np feedback after this was completed until several weeks later when I received an email explaining I was no longer being considered for any of the positions I had applied for.

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McLane Company in February 2011.

Got the interview through my school career fair. Got an email from HR requesting an interview. Had two people interveiw me, one from sales and the other from HR. Mostly behavioral qustions.