McLane Foodservice

Relevance Date Difficulty

Loader IV Interview

Loader IV
Danville, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McLane Foodservice in July 2014.

Interview Details – One interview which went smoothly and a walk through of the job falling right after which was nice. Got an idea for what exactly I was paying for and helped me say yes to the job

Interview Question – Why would u not put cigarette cases on the bottom?   View Answer

Order Selector Interview

Order Selector
Tracy, CA

I applied online and interviewed at McLane Foodservice.

Interview Details – interview ask basic experience questions, drug test and strength test. nothing really I can say other then that, its nothing special or surprising about this place, think twice or 5xs before working here it sucks, and they dont care management only cares about their big bonuses and will do anything to get it.

Interview Question – how would you motivate unproductive teammates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no they have pay scale made up they are very cocky because they feel people are in need of work so its take it or leave it attitude.

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Warehouse Specialist
Stockton, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at McLane Foodservice.

Interview Details – basic any ware house experience is a plus, being a team player is great one, energetic and enthusiastic.

Interview Question – give a time when some one wasnt pulling their own weight and you had a deadline to meet what did you do and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, its all figured out like a program.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Riverside, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McLane Foodservice in May 2009.

Interview Details – Overall interview was pretty easy. Met with senior management in round robin fashion. Final interview was with GM. Offer was given on 3rd interview.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions. Most difficult would have been " how do you hold people accountable"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate most salaries start in the low 50's

Driver Interview

Driver
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at McLane Foodservice in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interviews are not bad. Typical interview. If it is a CDL A driver position you will think they do not want to hire you. This is because it is a physical job and they tell you up front.
You will have to be presentable with good people skills. Although it is a driving job, you are required to have good customer service skills. Keep this in mind at the interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever faced conflict in the work place and how do you handle it? What do you do if you have an irate customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary is known upfront.

Senior Software Engineer and App Lead Interview

Senior Software Engineer and App Lead
Temple, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McLane Foodservice in March 2009.

Interview Details – Consisted of 20-30 minute phone interview plus a take home skills test. Next they flew me into the location for an onsite interview.

Interview Question – They asked me to do a technical assesment of my Java and Struts skills.   View Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

Interviewed at McLane Foodservice

Interview Details – Pretty standard

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable

Driver Interview

Driver

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McLane Foodservice in December 2008.

Interview Details – I applied off a tip that the company was hiring. Once you fill out the application, if the company calls you back you go in and have an interview with the department senior manager. Once that’s passed you speak with the HR manager. You are then sent to a 3rd party company to participate in a Strength test “Since the job does require lifting at any point in time” after the strength test you have to undergo a series of urine, and hair test for drugs. IF all is well, the company tends to contact you fairly quickly for a second meeting of all the managers. This second meeting is a relax atmosphere, generally food and drinks are provided. The offer is then made, and explanations of policies are discussed in detail.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your-self as working unsupervised?   View Answer
  • What’s your position on training others? Do you feel you can train?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase; this company can easily call other centers for help. Job opportunities don’t open up often, so if you’re in the position to accept a job offer TAKE IT.

Worked for McLane Foodservice? Contribute to the Community!