McLaren Technology Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at McLaren Technology Group

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McLaren Technology Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

The McLaren Applied Technology is newly established in Singapore and going to be expanded fast. So far they are doing technology partnership with other big technology company in Healthcare, Energy and transport. This role is quite heavy on programming and require some in-depth knowledge on operational research optimisation and simulation. I applied through university portal and got response from them very fast (within one day). The appointment was made to meet Head of Analytics the next day. After two weeks, there's one more round of peer interview from Head of Development.

Interview Questions

• Some standard questions: walk me through your background, why McLaren, what do you know about this role, what do you think you can contribute our team, what OR techniques have you learnt?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McLaren Technology Group.

Interview

Recruiter got in touch after a month to set up a telephone interview with hiring manager. Questions asked were why mclaren automotive? when have u helped a team? what do you know about our products? what do you know about mclaren automotive from your research? Didnt hear back after interview.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McLaren Technology Group in December 2013.

Interview

1° Which university are you from? 2° Do you have right to work at U.K? 3° Why do you want to work in McClaren? 4° Do you have some engineer experience? The interview was really fast, the girl didn´t give you some feedback or helpful questions, was really impersonal. I consider that you must be really prepared and try to give complete answers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have some engineer experience?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Single interview, with department head and group head. Both extremley friendly and humble. They were keen to ask questions about past projects rather than putting me on the spot with new technical questions. They were very in non-academic extras i.e. hobbies which show passion and ability to problem solve.

Interview Questions

• How would you re-design this bracket (diagram shown)? I.e. what are the potential problems and how could they be reduced?   Answer Question