McMaster University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Management Assistant Interview

Data Management Assistant
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McMaster University in April 2012.

Interview Details – McMaster posts it's jobs online on the school website, but if you know someone that already works in one of the offices, you can also get a job through referrals. McMaster does that a lot, I find - asking people who are already staff if they know anyone that would fit a role.

This is my third position at Mac, however (I love it so much I don't want to leave), and the first position I got was through the website and I had to go through an interview process. The interview was very straightforward and asked me the typical questions you would expect in an interview (strengths, weaknesses, biggest challenges faced in previous workplaces, etc.) I then recieved an e-mail about a week later with an offer for the position.

My most recent position used an online HR software that required me to set up an account. It had my offer of employment, and several pertinent forms I had to fill out and bring with me on my first day on the job.

Interview Question – The typical question they ask about what your personal weaknesses are...I always have trouble answering that one.   Answer Question

Sponsorship & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Sponsorship & Marketing Coordinator
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McMaster University in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was made via my MBA program's job posting site; only one interview was scheduled, conducted by the Director of Sponsorships, the outgoing Coordinator and another member of the department administration. Culture was very informal and the environment was very transparent; immediately put me at ease during the process.

Interview Question – "Why do you want this job?"   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McMaster University.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioural and motivational questions, asked about previous experience and career goals

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McMaster University.

Interview Details – Fairly routine interview process. And it didn't take too long.

Interview Question – As always, "recount a time when you were faced with challenges and how did you solve the problem."   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Kingston, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McMaster University in January 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online through a portal and then submit your resume and cover letter. They will email you and call you to make an interview with you. During the interview asks you about experiences and some behavioural questions.

Interview Question – Why did you quit your last job   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got a different job

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McMaster University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through school portal, behavioral interview with 2 people, and then activity. My interviewees were very nice and comfortable to talk to. Casual conversation style and feedback from interviewees when answering questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you faced a problem. How did you demonstrate leadership and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at McMaster University in January 2011.

Interview Details – I 've been interviewed by one the post doc students in the optimization lab. It was straight forward and asked about ehat I did in my master's thesis.

Interview Question – why you want to work in the optimization lab.   Answer Question

Floor Coordinator Interview

Floor Coordinator
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McMaster University in April 2011.

Interview Details – Email submission

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McMaster University.

Interview Details – every one who gets an offer for a graduate studies in mcmaster will automatically be consider for a TA position. To get admitted for a graduate program, you have to have at least a B+ average on your bachelor degree and if you are not from canada you have to have TOEFL exam. So there is no interview per sa.

Interview Question – they may call and ask you some technical questions about your field   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Interview Details – Email the professors you want to work for. If you are lucky, one or more professors would like to hire you.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can work for me since you do not have any specific expertise in my field?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for McMaster University? Contribute to the Community!