McMenamins

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pubstaff Interview

Pubstaff

Interviewed at McMenamins

Interview Details – Best way is to fill out the application on the site. You'll get a call from HR, with a pretty lengthy interview, and if it goes well you'll get another interview with the manager of the pub you'll work at.

Interview Question – Not so much a question as a requirement. Know your specs early. They'll send you home with some, you need to know them when you come in.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at McMenamins in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is very casual and genuine. Don't lie, be yourself and lead with sincerity.

Interview Question – What are you intentions with the company? How long would you like to stay here?   Answer Question

Pub Staff Interview

Pub Staff
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McMenamins.

Interview Details – You apply online. Then the HR center contacts you and gives you a phone interview. If interview goes well they find the best location to fit their and your needs. Once a good location is found their is another interview at pub. The management has to ask specific questions, if you answer them with an appropriate answer they will consider you for a probation hire.

Interview Question – Not allowed to disclose.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pub Staff Interview

Pub Staff
Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at McMenamins in March 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward interview. Nothing unexpected. It was more of a look-and-see than an interview. They are simply wanting to make sure that you clean up okay.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, at all.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
McMinnville, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McMenamins in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called back within a few hours and offered a phone interview. They asked some basic customer service experience questions and told me about their company in general. I was then offered a one on one interview which was bascially a longer version of the phone interview. Overall, it was a pretty easy process and the people I talked to were nice.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for McMenamins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McMenamins interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by McMenamins employees and interview candidates.