McNichols Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

DOM Interview

DOM
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McNichols Company.

Interview Details – Phone screen, local on site interview, travel to corp for interiews

Interview Question – Does the fact we promote and encourage god/christian views in our daily functions and literature cause you any concern?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered less than I asked for and was not able to get more money, but did get more vacation days.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Des Plaines, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McNichols Company in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and had a phone interview the following business day. From there, I was sent a personality type test to complete which takes almost an hour. About a week or so later, I was scheduled for a face to face interview with about 3 different people. One person I interviewed with the entire time. There were 2 other gentlemen that came in and out of the interview during that time.

I was told to give it a "few weeks" as they had some internal candidates to review. Never heard from them again. You would think they would at least provide some feedback.

Questions were average. They asked you to review CSR performance based on what you see on the operating system. With no background, you do the best you can do.

Although, I appreciate their honesty in regards to the workload - they didn't really seem to be "selling" me the company.

Interview Question – Based on this CSRs phone metrics, what would you do to help her improve?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Des Plaines, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McNichols Company in December 2010.

Interview Details – Talk about a cumbersome process let me just tell you how it works
1. fill out questionnaire about 5-7 questions requiring paragraph responses (I don’t believe anyone reads these other than the initial HR person, I say this because throughout the process they continually ask you these questions)
2. They respond to setup a brief phone interview
3. A location based interview is arranged this is 1 of 3 face to face interviews you will go through. Your typical questions about your background be prepared to ask them a lot of questions as they aren’t very good at interviewing and it will get awkward if you don’t have a lot of questions.
4. Next online typing, math, personality tests at least an hour an half
5. they bring back in for another face to face interview with another manager who again is horrible at interviewing have more questions because your going to need them
6. And again another face to face interview (all face to face to face interviews are at least a week apart) this is with the head guy he is smart, and very down to earth he should probably be running the whole company but isn’t the first guy actually makes the decision.
7. More time passes they want you come in again for another meeting where they offered me the position $40k base supposedly quarterly bonuses but no mention of that was really going to come full health, dental, vision, 401k match a low match about 10 days off a year in vacation time accumulated over the year.
8. All together about 2 months at least
9. Be prepared for an extensive background check I had a minor offense from over 14 years ago when I was in my late teens come up and get questioned over.
10. I chose to decline there offer as I felt the money was really low and the company seemed a little to evasive in my personal life considering they sell metal (I have spent many years in the financial sector with FBI background checks done yearly and was never questioned or required to defend actions from such a long time ago but selling metal is a little more risky I guess).

Interview Question – Just your typical question google top interview questions thats all they did I am sure of it   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The money was to low
no advancement opportunity
personal invasion

CSS Interview

CSS

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McNichols Company in March 2011.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview, easy softball questions. Then they sent me tests that consisted of personality profile, and IQ tests. Also basic math and a typing test. You must pass all of these to move onto the one on one interview stage. Once you do, you interview with the branch manager and the sales manger, some times this is the same personl From there you have a second interview at which they make a formal written offer. BEWARE - a very intensive non-compete is required.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you had a disagreement with a customer or coworker   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McNichols Company in May 2011.

Interview Details – I sat down 1:1 with the sales manager and reviewed my resume. He asked me questions about previous positions and how I handled situations in those positions.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation where you dealt with an angry customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Worked for McNichols Company? Contribute to the Community!