MeadWestvaco

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Unprofessional process. HR dropped the ball on several occasions regarding timing of interviews and people I was meeting. Written offer was unclear on total compensation package. I lost out on another opportunity dealing with these people

APO Analyst Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks from the first phone call. First round phone interview with manager and team lead. 2nd round interview on-site with 3 managers and 1 director. Offer is made after one week of on site interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MeadWestvaco.

The company has a very formal interview process with a list of questions in which they seek to get a better understanding of how you will culturally fit in and handle the demands of the job. Typically, each candidate receives the same questions and receives a number rating.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you made a bad decision and what you did about it.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to bump up my salary too much, but I negotiated additional vacation.

Load Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Phone interview then a panel interview asking behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a team you have worked with and something went wrong. Why did it go wrong and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    No negotians possible.

EHS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MeadWestvaco in April 2014.

Applied online. Got an interview with a recruiter within a week. Started with a 60,000-foot view of my resume, then typical behavior based questions. Wanted to know my salary requirements. Interviewer was very professional and kept the conversation one-sided - all about me and nothing about what the job was like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Was the first interview that I had to go through my resume and give details on my accomplishments.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Co-Op Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Some of the best HR & recruitment experience. The interview was very lax and casual, yet professional. Interviewer had clearly enjoyed his time at the company. Interview felt more like a conversation. Quick follow-up as well.

Interview Questions
    Call the recruiting manager! Don't be afraid. Once you have an offer, it's perfectly reasonable to negotiate. Recruiting was excellent and very helpful.

Manager, Electronic Media Interview

Long process but overall it was a great experience.

Interview Interview

The interview process was pretty simple, all they really cared about is if you are competent person, and an handle the work load.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Relaxed, informal. Set up via headhunter.

Pre set salary.

Supply Chain Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MeadWestvaco in September 2013.

I met with MeadWestvaco at the Supply Chain career fair at PSU. I was offered an interview that night, and had it the next morning. The interview was entirely behavioral and fairly simple. There was three recruiters at the interview. I heard back from them within three weeks with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you displayed initiative?   View Answer