MeadWestvaco

MeadWestvaco Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

Process Engineer Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Company requested an interview following a brief discussion during career fair. Interview was the next morning, one on one with employer. Because this was a career fair type event, we were in a huge auditorium with 50 plus other companies also conducting interviews, so it was somewhat noisy and distracting.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical questions, strengths, weaknesses, recall times where you had to get creative to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Co-Op Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at MeadWestvaco in February 2015.

I was offered an interview upon meeting recruiters at a career fair. The interview was scheduled for the very next day. The recruiters was very friendly and not intimidating. They asked me questions about specific things on my resume. They did have a series of behavioral questions at the end which were not all that bad.

Interview Questions
    • Was I willing to relocate?
      Would I prefer a "hard-hat" or "office" job?
      Questions about leadership skills and teamwork.

Answer Question

Leadership Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MeadWestvaco.

They usually hire only at a 3-4 B-Schools. Three rounds. The first is on campus, one or two 30 mins behavioral plus tell me about yourself sort of questions. The second round consisted of 3-4 interviews at the office, 1 hour each, including an interview with a psychologist. In addition to that had to go through a team exercise with other candidates.

Engineering Interview

I was given a call from the HR department and set up a time for a phone interview. Within a week from completing the phone interview I was offered an intern position over the summer.

Interview Questions
    • probably the most difficult question was to give a time I was left on my own to handle a situation without any supervision. Not a difficult question to answer if you have some experience to show for.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Unprofessional process. HR dropped the ball on several occasions regarding timing of interviews and people I was meeting. Written offer was unclear on total compensation package. I lost out on another opportunity dealing with these people

Chemical Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MeadWestvaco in October 2014.

I was interviewed at the SWE Conference, I was selected for an onsite interview in one of the conference interview booths. They called me when they had an opening and met them back there. They understood because of the setting I had little prep time and little knowledge of the company. The interviews were given out in 30 minute slots so it was a very quick and short interview given by a recruiter who had been giving interviews all day.

Interview Questions
    • Which of our core values is the most important to you and why? What is one thing people think about you that is generally incorrect?   Answer Question

APO Analyst Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks from the first phone call. First round phone interview with manager and team lead. 2nd round interview on-site with 3 managers and 1 director. Offer is made after one week of on site interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MeadWestvaco.

The company has a very formal interview process with a list of questions in which they seek to get a better understanding of how you will culturally fit in and handle the demands of the job. Typically, each candidate receives the same questions and receives a number rating.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you made a bad decision and what you did about it.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to bump up my salary too much, but I negotiated additional vacation.

Load Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Phone interview then a panel interview asking behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a team you have worked with and something went wrong. Why did it go wrong and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    No negotians possible.

EHS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Covington, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MeadWestvaco in April 2014.

Applied online. Got an interview with a recruiter within a week. Started with a 60,000-foot view of my resume, then typical behavior based questions. Wanted to know my salary requirements. Interviewer was very professional and kept the conversation one-sided - all about me and nothing about what the job was like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Was the first interview that I had to go through my resume and give details on my accomplishments.   Answer Question