Measurement Incorporated

Relevance Date Difficulty

Reader Evaluator Interview

Reader Evaluator
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Measurement Incorporated in March 2014.

Interview Details – The application process was completed entirely online. Transcripts were required as proof of a college degree. Once the application and transcripts were both received, I had to complete an online assessment. Once the assessment was completed, I was called in for an interview where I was informed, in detail, about the organization and my position. While it was disappointing to hear that the work was on a project-to-project basis, I applaud the company for their complete honesty about the drawbacks of working for them. I was not offered work at that point. Invitations to work on a project are emailed to applicants. I received an email within a few weeks to work on their next project and I have worked on three since then.

Interview Question – There was not any difficult or unexpected question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was nothing to negotiate. Pay and work hours were set in stone.

Very Easy Interview

Reader Evaluator Interview

Reader Evaluator
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Measurement Incorporated in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was online and very easy. You need a four year college degree. The people they hire tend to be teachers but you get people from all walks of life.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Measurement Incorporated in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted through TEK Systems. Conducted online assessment test (C#) followed by skype interview followed by in person interview. In person interview was challenging - google type abstract technical questions along with more standard algorithm and DB types. Dev teamed seemed very talented and welcoming, nice atmosphere.

Interview Question – Binary search tree questions (was rusty on B-trees).   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Measurement Incorporated

Interview Details – Very easy. Responded to web posting, went in for an interview. Called in for 2nd interview and offered the job.

Interview Question – Describe a situation with a difficult coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reader/Evaluator Interview

Reader/Evaluator
Ypsilanti, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Measurement Incorporated in March 2013.

Interview Details – Simple and straightforward
More advance notice of hiring would have been desirable
References were checked quickly
adequate notice of forms, paperwork to be completed
All procedures, work rules and working environment were explained thoroughly during the interview and reinforced in writing
Interviewer was encouraging and respectful
There could have been a little more time allowed to familiarize oneself with the payroll company website
Thorough explanation of parking restrictions

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Measurement Incorporated in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional and thought out questions. One on one interviewer and had at least an hour plus discussing full range of topics: work conditions, hours, corporate goals and and ambience of working there. Lot of questions about my background and experiences and how they would contribute to the companies goals.

Interview Question – It sounded odd at the moment, but where do I want to be in 15 years regarding the company and my own personal needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They presented and I took it. Seemed like a place that I wanted to hang my hat for the next 15 years.

Intern Interview

Intern
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Measurement Incorporated.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, then received a call a few weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. Had a 30 min 1:1 interview with basic behavioral questions and resume review. Then, I was asked to spend 30 min writing an essay about why I wanted to work at MI.

Interview Question – Writing the essay   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't try. Could possibly get a higher hourly, except the rate is pretty standard for their temporary workers.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Measurement Incorporated in May 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email within 24 hours after submitting my resume offering me an interview. I went for the interview 48 hours later and was told it would take approximately 90 minutes. I met with the manager and 2 other team members where we had a fairly standard interview.

At the end of the interview, the manager took out a laptop and presented me with a list of "reports" for which I should write a SQL query. In addition, I was told to look at their website and develop a set of test cases. No paper/pencil or template was given -- I wound up doing it in MS Excel. I was given just 20 minutes to do this. Rather unnerving with no indication that it was coming.

I would have been nice if they had warned me that there would be some sort of a "skills" test because if you aren't expecting it, you are not in the proper "technical mindset" to write SQL queries off the top of your head. You are shifting gears from your "soft skills" to having to start thinking like an engineer again...

Interview Questions

• I was presented with a database diagram. I was given a list of 5 reports that would need to be generated and told to write the SQL code to generate those reports.   Answer Question
  • I was shown a screen from their web page and told to write test cases to test the web page. No guidance on what should be tested or what features were available on the website or how the website should work...   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Measurement Incorporated in March 2009.

Interview Details – The group manager interviews the potential employee, then a panel of employees administer a skills assessment. The interview took less than an hour. The skills assessment was easy - they are mostly making sure you know the basics.

Interview Question – They did not ask any questions about myself or my background. I did all of the talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiating was arranged through the recruiter. Make sure your salary requirements are known to the recruiter and/or Measurement up front and get it in writing.

Worked for Measurement Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!