MedAmerica Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MedAmerica Insurance in August 2011.

Interview Details – HR asking screening questions, however, not engaged at all and typing the entire time, which I found to be distracting. The call started out ok, but he then went into script mode. It was a sign of inexperience as an interviewer. Questions asked were: What's the difference between selling to a B2B v B2C. How do you convince a customer they should buy from you when they adamently told you they didn't want your services; What is your expereince in deciding where to place print ads; Can you describe a campaign that you've worked on; Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years; What are your core strengths and why should we hire you.

Interview Question – How do you sell to someone that has already told you they're not interested in your services?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MedAmerica Insurance in February 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via craigslist and was contacted 7 days later to schedule a phone interview. The person who interviewed me was reading from a list of questions and typing furiously to take down what I said. I tried to speak slowly but she still seemed to be having trouble keeping up. Most questions were basic (experience, career goals, etc.). She asked me if I had any questions but she couldn't answer any of them. I think she was from HR and didn't know much about the position. I was not contacted again.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and turned it into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MedAmerica Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAmerica Insurance interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MedAmerica Insurance employees and interview candidates.