MedAptus

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at MedAptus in November 2011.

I only spoke with two people at MedAptus, but they were both competent and personable. The company is successful and work is cool. They are a very small shop with only a handful of people in the Raleigh office. The physical space was by far my biggest concern. While I was there, I kept wondering how I could work for MedAptus while not actually having to work *AT* MedAptus. It is a long hallway with a few cubes set up on one side near the front and offices filling the rest of the space. It was dark in the main area with the exception of one dim fluorescent light at the end of the hallway and desk lamps on the desks in the cubes. There was some natural light coming in from the offices along one side of the hallway, but the windows were partially obstructed by items stacked in front of them. It seems they could benefit from a larger space. Then in complete contrast, the interior offices were solid white from floor to ceiling on all four walls with bright fluorescent lights in them. It was quiet there. I would advise other software developer applicants to prepare for all nuts-and-bolts technical questions even in interviews with VP-level managers. I was expecting to talk about my big picture success stories and I was very wrong.

Interview Questions