MedAssets

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Negotiator Interview

Negotiator

I applied online and interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview Details – Very detailed, job specific questions. The manager had extensive knowledge in the field and that is the reason I took the job.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very business like and professional. the recruiter listened to my request and facilitated the salary negotiations. The process took about two weeks from start to finish. The recruiter did a great job about staying in touch and keeping me interested in the job. Since it has been about 15 years since I applied for a job, I was pleasantly surprised about how efficient the process was. My previous employer had a much slower hiring process. I appreciate the way MedAssets hiring process was handled, compared to what I witnessed in my previous job.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter. Phone interview about 30 minutes with basic background and experience questions. Asked salary expectations in first call. Second phone interview with hiring manager lasted about 45 minutes. Specific questions relating to job duties/knowledge and a few situational questions. Then 5 in person interviews (all back to back and one on one). Did a very short case study in one. All fairly standard questions and laid back process.

Interview Question – Surprise case study. Not difficult but wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible but a little tough. Be prepared to give specific and compelling reasons why you are negotiating.

Data Analyst Interview

Centennial, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview Details – Process was very fast, was told by recruiter they hire for "fit" over "skills". Was told in interview that learning curve is very long, process is very complex. Accepted, but should not have.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as this was recruiter driven.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at MedAssets in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had several phone screenings, ranging from HR to the VP, then the SVP, then the COO, which was surprising. After each interview, HR would get feedback, and if we both felt comfortable, we moved on to the next round. It was a long process, but with the reviews on the site, I appreciated the thoroughness. After the phone interviews, I met with the VP and SVP in person. I was a bit disappointed with that though as they seemed unprepared and distracted. I still felt comfortable enough with my other conversations to accept an offer, and I have been very happy with my decision since.

Interview Question – I was asked to discuss a project failure in my past, and how I handled it. I had been upfront about one instance since it was a significant portion of my recent experience; so I wasn't that surprised. The scrutinous questions to dig down to the root cause and know my thoughts, actions, and post-mortem conclusions caught me off guard since most people just took my prepared statement at face value. The questioning impressed me and showed that my potential boss was pretty sharp.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I prepared well for the negotiation, but I have had limited experience doing so in the past. I got a very small bump on top of an already good salary, but it was tough sledding, and I didn't get everything else I asked for. I was expecting a give-and-take approach. I wasn't prepared for the stone wall of "sorry, we can't do that."

Support Technician Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MedAssets in April 2009.

Interview Details – I performed many interviews for MedAssets. All interviews were where 2-3 would interview at the same time, asking questions back and forth. The interview for 1 hour would have 2-3 interviewers each 15 minutes. Only the actual hiring manager would be prepared, and most interviewers did not even know what job the applicant was interviewing for. And most just asked casual "get to know your personality" questions, as they were usually asked to interview an hour before the applicant got to the building. In all, it is very disorganized process, and you have to be able to get along with everyone to get hired, or be the only viable applicant on the day they have to hire someone or lose the position.

Interview Question – Minimal technical questions. Just a barrage of personality questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer firm, no negotiation room, unless mid level management and above.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview Details – Applied online about a week later received an email from HR to schedule and interview. The actual interview was very short. She didn't ask much and just went over the intern responsibilities.

Interview Question – Are you looking for something temporary or permanent?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview Details – Was brought in for two rounds of interviews. The first round I met with 3 people, the group head and two Directors. The second round I met with 4 people, mostly made up of middle and upper middle management that I would potentially interact with in the role.

The first round of interviews was heavy on quantitative questions, the majority of which could be easily answered if you read the Vault guide to finance interviews or had intermediate finance knowledge. Some questions were focused on more qualitative aspects, with hypothetical business case scenarios. These were designed to get a feel for how I thought about strategic issues. I was obvious that the 3 interviewers wanted to know that I had done my research on MDAS. There was also a fit component, but at this stage I think that there was a stronger emphasis on the quantitative piece.

The second round was less quant focused, although there were still some technical questions and much more fit focused.

Interview Question – All technical questions could be prepared for with the vault guide. Most difficult part was proving I had researched MDAS and had a base level understanding.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I came to MDAS through a recruiter. I informed the recruiter of my salary and bonus demands ahead of accepting the interview so no negotiation was needed.

Client Engagement Manager Interview

Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview Details – I thought the process was straightforward and fair.

Interview Question – What do you wish I would have asked you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MedAssets in March 2013.

Interview Details – The initial contact was by a company recruiter that was for a different job that was filled while we were corresponding. I was setup to interview with the Department Manager who was in-tune on daily operations of the his team and how their job fit into the overall company process. He made a relaxed yet professional atmosphere and I felt as the interview progressed he was taking a mental image of how my talents would fit into his plan. He was able to answer most of my questions about company short term and long term goals. He was enthusiastic about the company and genuine concern for what was best.

Interview Question – I really didn't find any difficult or unexpected questions he stayed with the status quo for interview questions which I had prepared for thanks to the Recruiter sending me company profile and benefits packages.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative

I applied online and interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview Details – MedAssets.com, click on careers, look for any open positions in a city near you.

Interview Question – What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees and interview candidates.