MedAssets

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

long phone interview, back to back interviews with the staff including vp's. really thorough, which is great to see for a company like this.be prepared for any question regarding performance and use of excel models.

Senior Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MedAssets.

Contract to hire position. Great interview, though somewhat intimidating. 2 VP's, 2 Directors and a Senior Manager. Everyone was friendly and interactive with the process. Great discussion of Scrum at MedAssets. They were looking for a professional, and it showed.

Interview Questions
    • Discussion about feature delivery seemed very "Waterfall" for a 100% Scrum house.   Answer Question
    Non negotiation for contract position. Came in with the salary known.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MedAssets in March 2014.

The interview process was long, but worth it. I had 7 or 8 interviews in total (a mix of in person, videoconference, and telephone). I liked it because in each interview, I spoke to a different team member ranging from other recruiters, my manager, and even the VP of the department. Each interview lasted anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour, and I was able to get a good snapshot of the department, the team, and the role I was potentially stepping into. Each interviwer focused on a different part of recruiting and the position.

Interview Questions
    • Your interview may be different, but I was asked an array of questions including (but not limited to)
      1. Describe a time you had to work to convince a hiring manager to go with another candidate or change a req?
      2. Can you give me a search string?
      3. What is the most difficult position you've recruited for?

Answer Question

Negotiator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedAssets.

Very detailed, job specific questions. The manager had extensive knowledge in the field and that is the reason I took the job.

Interview Questions
    very business like and professional. the recruiter listened to my request and facilitated the salary negotiations. The process took about two weeks from start to finish. The recruiter did a great job about staying in touch and keeping me interested in the job. Since it has been about 15 years since I applied for a job, I was pleasantly surprised about how efficient the process was. My previous employer had a much slower hiring process. I appreciate the way MedAssets hiring process was handled, compared to what I witnessed in my previous job.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MedAssets.

Contacted by a recruiter. Phone interview about 30 minutes with basic background and experience questions. Asked salary expectations in first call. Second phone interview with hiring manager lasted about 45 minutes. Specific questions relating to job duties/knowledge and a few situational questions. Then 5 in person interviews (all back to back and one on one). Did a very short case study in one. All fairly standard questions and laid back process.

Interview Questions
    • Surprise case study. Not difficult but wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is possible but a little tough. Be prepared to give specific and compelling reasons why you are negotiating.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MedAssets.

Process was very fast, was told by recruiter they hire for "fit" over "skills". Was told in interview that learning curve is very long, process is very complex. Accepted, but should not have.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as this was recruiter driven.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedAssets.

Applied online about a week later received an email from HR to schedule and interview. The actual interview was very short. She didn't ask much and just went over the intern responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Are you looking for something temporary or permanent?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedAssets.

Was brought in for two rounds of interviews. The first round I met with 3 people, the group head and two Directors. The second round I met with 4 people, mostly made up of middle and upper middle management that I would potentially interact with in the role.

The first round of interviews was heavy on quantitative questions, the majority of which could be easily answered if you read the Vault guide to finance interviews or had intermediate finance knowledge. Some questions were focused on more qualitative aspects, with hypothetical business case scenarios. These were designed to get a feel for how I thought about strategic issues. I was obvious that the 3 interviewers wanted to know that I had done my research on MDAS. There was also a fit component, but at this stage I think that there was a stronger emphasis on the quantitative piece.

The second round was less quant focused, although there were still some technical questions and much more fit focused.

Interview Questions
    • All technical questions could be prepared for with the vault guide. Most difficult part was proving I had researched MDAS and had a base level understanding.   Answer Question
    I came to MDAS through a recruiter. I informed the recruiter of my salary and bonus demands ahead of accepting the interview so no negotiation was needed.

Client Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MedAssets.

I thought the process was straightforward and fair.

Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedAssets.

MedAssets.com, click on careers, look for any open positions in a city near you.