MedAssets Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MedAssets (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by HR.
    Phone interview with manager.
    Face interview with team.

Pretty much all questions asked were regarding my current skills and abilities.
    Also a lot of questions were based on if i am willing to complete the tasks.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions regarding familiarity with handling data.   Answer Question

IT Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedAssets.

Interview

Complete waste of time. Screen completed by HR / Recruiter. Initial meeting set up and hiring manager failed to show with no warning even after verifying time/date and offering to reschedule.

Guess, that is how they treat employees and potential candidates.

Retread reviews and not sure I would accept an offer if everything had gone well.

The company has since reposted the position twice, so not sure if they don't really know what they want or they are just that bad at recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Only basic screening questions. Do not think the company has a mature hiring process.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedAssets (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very disorganized. Went back and forth with the hiring manager to schedule interviews and persons would not show up on the day of the interview causing me to come back multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like accounting?
      Why MedAssets?
      What do you like about health care?

Answer Question

Doesn't seem like a warm environment. Immediately in the interview they started talking about how much is required of you. They're better off hiring robots.

Active Directory Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone with the hiring manager, then a second phone technical interview with their Server Architect who was good with Active Directory. Questions for this one came straight off the internet AD questions sites. I was told at the end I was the only one to answer all questions correctly. Next came a one hour in-person interview with the same two people. Technical questions on DNS were answered then an exercise on how I handled stress. Last we discussed migration of AD user which I had done 60 times. At the end I was asked to wait while they went to see if the Infrastructure Director was available to save an additional interview trip. He came in and we chatted and all went well. On the way out the hiring manager told me since it was Friday, and he was off Monday he would call on Tuesday or Wednesday to discuss the position further. Great!! I left feeling good and excited. Then everything went black. No calls, no answers to emails for three weeks. Finally HR answered with we found another candidate that is a better fit. Even the position below this is not available. I strongly suspect the quick shift came because of age.

Interview Questions

• Can you say NO and mean it. What about if your bosses boss asks?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Revenue Cycle Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MedAssets.

Interview

Interview process was really fast. skills based. no cases. it was over the phone and then a panel interview via video chat. most of the time, they were talking about the company, type of work, and wanted me to ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• how do you finish items on a deadline with competing priorities?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MedAssets (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Interviewer seemed to be reading from a script. Applied on line and it took about three weeks to get a phone interview with the recruiter. This interview/screening was ok... The phone interview with the hiring manager is where it sounded like she was reading from a script.

Analyst Interview

Interview

long phone interview, back to back interviews with the staff including vp's. really thorough, which is great to see for a company like this.be prepared for any question regarding performance and use of excel models.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MedAssets in November 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview to see if I was interested in the position. The main job of the position is to facilitate supply chain training and instructional development. One needs to have supply chain experience. Sounded like a good position to get you foot in the door. Salary was too low for me with my experience so I told them I was not interested.

Senior Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX).

Interview

Contract to hire position. Great interview, though somewhat intimidating. 2 VP's, 2 Directors and a Senior Manager. Everyone was friendly and interactive with the process. Great discussion of Scrum at MedAssets. They were looking for a professional, and it showed.

Interview Questions

• Discussion about feature delivery seemed very "Waterfall" for a 100% Scrum house.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiation for contract position. Came in with the salary known.

Senior Business Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

More than 3 weeks between being contacted by the recruiting firm and the actual interview.
    A solid 30-minute phone interview with the manager for whom I would be working.
    In-person interview with the direct manager with two other people with whom I would be working closely attending by conference call.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had working knowledge of SQL querying.   Answer Question