MedImmune Interview Questions in Gaithersburg, MD

2.5

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MedImmune in June 2014.

Initial communication was on phone through Aerotek, the recruiter determined I had the requisite knowledge and education to continue on to the interview stage. I was called in after a few days for an interview with the hiring manager. The Lead Scientist was very knowledgeable and right after I walked in started discussing the work they were doing and advances they had made. After this I was passed off to 2 other people in the team and the interview questions started.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly non-technical. They were more scenario based, (How would you go about determining the source of error or contamination that occurred in the pipeline). My guess is this was how this particular group determined who would be a fit for them.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MedImmune in May 2014.

Applied online and received and email confirmation for submitting an application for the position. Got contacted via email to schedule a phone interview few days later. Next day after a phone interview that lasted about 30 min I received an invitation to fill out an employment application. The day after a hiring manager contacted me for a secondary interview. Overall, both interviewers were nice and elaborate on what they are looking for. No games.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MedImmune.

Phone interview with Human Resources representative. Upon completion of the initial HR phone interview, candidate may be invited to schedule a follow-up interview via their website.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer was cordial and knowledgable regarding the company. Questions pretty straightforward as expected in first round interview (e.g., tell me about yourself). Interviewer provided background on the company followed by detailed chronological review of work experience. Be prepared to provide references in order to shedule the follow-up interview.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at MedImmune.

Submitted my resume and was contact several weeks later by an HR interviewer (screener) to assess my base qualifications. This was followed after a few more weeks by a telephone interview by the hiring manager and the project leader. After a couple more weeks, as a finalist, I was asked to come to onsite for a one-on-one interview. They paid for the flight and room, of course. A month after they made me my initial offer. I negotiated for a higher salary.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate for a higher offer and accepted the new offer. I was very satisfied.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online - interviewed at MedImmune.

Full-day interview with multiple members of the department, All questions are aimed at ability to do the job with behavioral type questions to determine fit within the group and job function

Interview Questions
    • Expectation that you can give clear examples of past decisions that make you a good behavioral fit with the organization. These examples are often asked in a question format about past decisions.   View Answers (2)

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MedImmune.

Short. Half the people who should've shown up did not.

Interview Questions
    • Used behavioral interview questions. I would rather discuss why I am qualified for the job.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MedImmune in March 2013.

The company overall is very relaxed. Casual Fridays is pretty much T-shirt day. The hiring and interview process reflects this. I interviewed with two technical people who obviously knew what they were talking about and gave me a run for my money. They asked me a lot of good questions concerning my previous experience and how I foresee using them in the new role. They also did a great job of explaining what they are looking for as well as what they expect.

Interview Questions
    • SCCM. I have no SCCM experience and they were hoping to hire someone with it.   Answer Question

Lab Associate ( Contractual) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online - interviewed at MedImmune in September 2012.

The interview process started after an online application through a job portal. Next was a phone screening by a recruiter who asked straightforward questions like availability, ability to multi-task, ability to work in groups. After that there was an in person interview with the hiring manager which went pretty well...general questions were asked like your ideal job etc. The last stage was an in person with the manager, a phone interview by the supervisor and a tour of the lab and some general technical questions asked by a colleague.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most unnerving part was a string og interviews on one day itself which involved an in person interview with the manager, a technical interview and an phone interview with supervisor   Answer Question

Senior Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at MedImmune in January 2012.

Manager reached out to me through recruiting company and we scheduled an interview. The interview was simple and the questions were not difficult

Interview Questions
    Made me an offer, I accepted

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at MedImmune in October 2011.

Initial contact was through HR screening personnel. They were very cordial and professional. Next step included a phone interview with the hiring manager. Excellent questions were exchanged on both technical and non-technical topics. Contacted a few days later to set up an on site interview. Interview was very good, interviewers were prepared with questions. Discussions were honest and informational.

Interview Questions

Worked for MedImmune? Contribute to the Community!