MedImmune Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.7

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

Applied online. Went through all steps (first two phone calls and then full day onsite interview that lasted 9 hours. Suggestion: Dont waste your time attending interview at this place. Looks like they prefer candidates they already know or the candidates from next door i.e. NIH/NCI. So, if you dont fit to any of this criteria, dont even bother to attend interview. Besides they take 4-5 months to finalize everything.

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

Phone interview/pre-screening. The HR person seemed nice on the phone, but was only verifying my background and education stated on my resume. However, the majority of the questions were behavioral questions and nothing related to skills which was disappointing. I don't think an HR person is really qualified to discard job applications if they don't really understand what skills are really needed in the position. I would have preferred the phone screen/ interview with someone that knew more about the position, the specific requirements/skills and what having those skills really meant.

Interview Questions

• How do you define integrity? How do you manage ambiguity?   Answer Question

Oncology Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Review of resume - looking for skills that I would bring to the opportunity. STAR format utilized looking at Situation / what I did to address the need and outcome. Began with phone screen interview - then graduated to face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Share a time where you had a difficult situation to address.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Describe a time when you had to deliver less than optimal news to a client   1 Answer

Scientist Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about the interview after 3 days I applied online. The interview was held by a Hr, who seemed to be very nice. He asked me some questions to ensure my background information, and then asked questions about my previous experience and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you? How do you lead from the bench? What is your experience related to this position?   Answer Question

Senior BSS Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

submit resume online then follow-up with hr. If you can find an astr zeneca person to send in the resume and follow up with hiring manager that will help.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time wihen you failed   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty closed.

Clinical Sample and Data Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Interview process took a very long time and was extremely inefficient. Onsite interview itself was all day; met with multiple members of team. Most individuals were underprepared with questions and left me feeling like I was interviewing them more than they were interviewing me.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a general recruiter who asks questions about your resume. If you are accepted for a second phone screening, you will notified via email to schedule a follow-up 1 hour interview with someone within the department you are applying for. The completion of this interview will lead to an invite for an in person interview or being declined for the position.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MedImmune in November 2014.

Interview

The job was listed on LinkedIn, and I applied on the company website (a few questions and a resume). Three weeks later, I was interviewed over the phone which had me repeat the bullet points on resume and answer a question about integrity. I was then sent a more in-depth application to fill out on their website.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

The dynamic of my interview day with MedImmune included a first panel interview with the Quality Control team, a tour of the lab, and lastly, a second panel interview with the Product Management team.

The first interview did not go smoothly. Two of the three women were 10 minutes late, and all three women were very unprepared. It was apparent that this was their first time seeing my resume and that they were not used to working as HR as they spend most of the interview quietly staring at my resume. They had few questions prepared so they quickly resorted to repeatedly asking me if I had any questions for them.

During the lab tour, I found the facility very impressive. Though my tour guide was difficult to understand and I had to ask her to repeat herself many times, she was very thorough with the tour. Everyone I met in the lab was very friendly.

The second interview went better than the first though the third interviewer failed to show up. The other two interviewers were genuinely seemed interested in the hiring process and had appropriate questions prepared.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay performing very repetitive and non-challenging tasks daily?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

HR asked to choose a time for phone screening and HM called about technical questions. Onsite interview includes a 45 min presentation and one to one interviews. They are all very nice people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate