MedImmune

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pilot Production Technician Interview

Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MedImmune in August 2011.

Interview Details – My initial phone interview was with a HR representative however this was fairly general and I suspect mainly to weed out inappropriate candidates. After the phone interview I was invited in for the in-person interviews.

I met with the hiring manager, the associate director, and potential coworkers. The questions were mostly focused on my background and specific skills required for the position. Since there was a lot of repetition among the questions I would recommend having all of your questions prepared ahead of time so that if the interview lags you can ask anything that you need to know.

The primary concern was my ability to handle the equipment, some of which I wasn't previously familiar with, and my adaptability since the position required handling multiple projects simultaneously.

One question that came up often was to give a specific instance of handling a difficult person at work. I was able to provide an example that displayed my work ethic without appearing confrontational.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with a difficult person at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was primarily handled by the recruiter who found me for the position and he did an excellent job.

The initial offer was much lower than I had expected but I knew that I was perfect for the job. I explained to the recruiter, who then relayed it to the company, that while I really wanted the job, with such as low offer I would feel it necessary to treat it as a temporary position and continue looking for other opportunities. I cited my previous salary and the cost of living in the area, I also stressed how I was an ideal candidate for the position.

I was later informed that a higher salary was proposed by the director of the group and approved by a vice president , While it wasn't as high as I had wanted, it was reasonable so I accepted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at MedImmune

Worked for MedImmune? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedImmune Pilot Production Technician interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MedImmune employees and interview candidates.