MedImmune Scientist I Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.8

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

Applied online. Went through all steps (first two phone calls and then full day onsite interview that lasted 9 hours. Suggestion: Dont waste your time attending interview at this place. Looks like they prefer candidates they already know or the candidates from next door i.e. NIH/NCI. So, if you dont fit to any of this criteria, dont even bother to attend interview. Besides they take 4-5 months to finalize everything.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MedImmune

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

Phone interview/pre-screening. The HR person seemed nice on the phone, but was only verifying my background and education stated on my resume. However, the majority of the questions were behavioral questions and nothing related to skills which was disappointing. I don't think an HR person is really qualified to discard job applications if they don't really understand what skills are really needed in the position. I would have preferred the phone screen/ interview with someone that knew more about the position, the specific requirements/skills and what having those skills really meant.

Interview Questions

• How do you define integrity? How do you manage ambiguity?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MedImmune in September 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through a employee referral. I was email communicated for telephone interview. It was a 1 hour telephone interview by Hiring Manager. A basic discussion on needs of the job and my interest including some of my research work. After a week I got a call saying I am scheduled for onsite interview and a HR telephone interview. The HR telephone interview is taken by a contract agency. Just simple basic questions. Coming to the all important onsite interview. The onsite was day full of interviews by various engineers and scientists. I met around 15-16 different people. I also gave a presentation lasting 1 hour in the middle of the day.

All questions during the day were basically about my past work, team work, goals, work ethic etc. Each of the 15 people had a different way of asking questions. So I would recommend being confident with your answers and be yourself. My 1 hr presentation questions were geared towards my research work as expected.

I got an email after 3 months saying I am not selected. I was pleased with my interview performance but unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Which unit operation would you recommend the most for downstream process on mAb production?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Full-day interview with multiple members of the department, All questions are aimed at ability to do the job with behavioral type questions to determine fit within the group and job function

Interview Questions

• Expectation that you can give clear examples of past decisions that make you a good behavioral fit with the organization. These examples are often asked in a question format about past decisions.   2 Answers

Scientist I Interview

Interview

tech and science oriented interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedImmune in April 2015.

Interview

I applied the opening online and within a week I was reached by the HR to set a date for phone screen. Two days before the phone screen, I was already invited to arrange the on-site interview. The phone interview was very nice and the HR was interested in my background and availability. However, I had to drop the on-site opportunity since the position needs to be filled fast.

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MedImmune in August 2014.

Interview

I am based in Australia. The position I applied for is based in Cambridge, UK. The phone interview was setup over an internet booking system - relatively easy to get done. MedImmune HR personnel called my number and we went over some very basic questions, most of which are repeated from the online job application system. It felt like they were just trying to get me talking and get a feel for my basic communication skills. Not many tricky questions were asked. They did ask for an expected salary range, which I just recited what I have already written down in my original application form. In the end I got to ask some general questions but nothing in depth could be gained because the lady is not a specialist of the scientific research field. Entire phone interview lasted ~40 min. In the end she told me my details will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further selection. 2 weeks since then, still waiting for a reply.

Interview Questions

• "Integrity is one of our company's most important values. All applicants say they have it, but what does the word integrity mean to YOU?"   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

Applied through a contact in MedImmune. The first interview was with HR and was only 5-10 minutes long. The guy asked standard questions; immigration status, background, experience, salary expectation etc.
    After a week, got a call from hiring manager. The conversation was mostly on my previous research experience and how my PhD work can be applied to solve some of the current challenges they were facing. We talked for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How can I apply/extend my PhD work to solve some of the challenges ?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MedImmune in October 2009.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to schedule a phone interview within 2 days of applying. One week later was interviewed by someone from HR. Standard interview questions: tell me about yourself? what was the most difficult situation and how did handle it? what are your salary expections? When can you start?
    The impression that I had was that it was standard questions without no connection with my scientific background or the job description.
    W

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question