MedImmune Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.6

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MedImmune in June 2014.

Initial communication was on phone through Aerotek, the recruiter determined I had the requisite knowledge and education to continue on to the interview stage. I was called in after a few days for an interview with the hiring manager. The Lead Scientist was very knowledgeable and right after I walked in started discussing the work they were doing and advances they had made. After this I was passed off to 2 other people in the team and the interview questions started.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly non-technical. They were more scenario based, (How would you go about determining the source of error or contamination that occurred in the pipeline). My guess is this was how this particular group determined who would be a fit for them.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MedImmune in May 2014.

Applied online and received and email confirmation for submitting an application for the position. Got contacted via email to schedule a phone interview few days later. Next day after a phone interview that lasted about 30 min I received an invitation to fill out an employment application. The day after a hiring manager contacted me for a secondary interview. Overall, both interviewers were nice and elaborate on what they are looking for. No games.

MS&T Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MedImmune in March 2014.

I interviewed for two different intern positions at MedImmune, both interviews occurred within 3 weeks of submitting my resume online. Normally, they set up a preinterview with someone based out of the UK who screens and makes sure that you match the description on your resume. Then, you interview with the hiring manager and a coworker. If you are sufficiently close, they may ask you to come in person for the interview, but I did it over the phone. I talked about my past experience and why I thought I would be a good fit, and there weren't that many questions. It flowed more like a conversation than and interview. I followed up two days later and was offered the job within a week.

Interview Questions
    • How soon they would need to make an offer in order for me to stop considering my other options/who else I was interviewing with.   Answer Question
    As an intern, you really can't negotiate much. You are given possible start dates based on when they do new hire training (every other week) and interns have a set salary that they confirm is OK with you during the prescreen interview, and isn't negotiable (at least for undergrads).

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MedImmune in March 2013.

The company overall is very relaxed. Casual Fridays is pretty much T-shirt day. The hiring and interview process reflects this. I interviewed with two technical people who obviously knew what they were talking about and gave me a run for my money. They asked me a lot of good questions concerning my previous experience and how I foresee using them in the new role. They also did a great job of explaining what they are looking for as well as what they expect.

Interview Questions
    • SCCM. I have no SCCM experience and they were hoping to hire someone with it.   Answer Question

Senior Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at MedImmune in January 2012.

Manager reached out to me through recruiting company and we scheduled an interview. The interview was simple and the questions were not difficult

Interview Questions
    Made me an offer, I accepted

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MedImmune in June 2010.

The process was conducted by Korn Ferry. The required an online test, more of a personality assessment. I then interviewed with my direct supervisor and others in the department with whom I would be interacting. Since the position would be serving other departments as well, I interviewed with those departments.

Interview Questions
    • This was a director level position, so the questions were not technical. The most difficult question was how I would help the department in which I was working provide better service.   View Answer
    I asked for more stock, but was able to negotiate a higher signing bonus.

Senior Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MedImmune in October 2010.

It was the longest most disorganized interview process. I had to come back 5 times and interviewed with at least 25 people. It worked out in the end but the overall experience was tiring.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you take into consideration leveling impact on bonus structure

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at MedImmune in March 2011.

I had a phone interview for about 30 min. Mostly are technical questions based on my CV.

Interview Questions
    • Only one tough question about the drawback about one instrument I used. I did not know that.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MedImmune.

Phone interview with Human Resources representative. Upon completion of the initial HR phone interview, candidate may be invited to schedule a follow-up interview via their website.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer was cordial and knowledgable regarding the company. Questions pretty straightforward as expected in first round interview (e.g., tell me about yourself). Interviewer provided background on the company followed by detailed chronological review of work experience. Be prepared to provide references in order to shedule the follow-up interview.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at MedImmune.

Submitted my resume and was contact several weeks later by an HR interviewer (screener) to assess my base qualifications. This was followed after a few more weeks by a telephone interview by the hiring manager and the project leader. After a couple more weeks, as a finalist, I was asked to come to onsite for a one-on-one interview. They paid for the flight and room, of course. A month after they made me my initial offer. I negotiated for a higher salary.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate for a higher offer and accepted the new offer. I was very satisfied.

Worked for MedImmune? Contribute to the Community!