MedImmune Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Met with the group and internal collaborators. They are very clear on what the are looking for. Some asked the standard interview questions while others just asked what they were interested in.

Scientist Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about the interview after 3 days I applied online. The interview was held by a Hr, who seemed to be very nice. He asked me some questions to ensure my background information, and then asked questions about my previous experience and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you? How do you lead from the bench? What is your experience related to this position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a general recruiter who asks questions about your resume. If you are accepted for a second phone screening, you will notified via email to schedule a follow-up 1 hour interview with someone within the department you are applying for. The completion of this interview will lead to an invite for an in person interview or being declined for the position.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

The dynamic of my interview day with MedImmune included a first panel interview with the Quality Control team, a tour of the lab, and lastly, a second panel interview with the Product Management team.

The first interview did not go smoothly. Two of the three women were 10 minutes late, and all three women were very unprepared. It was apparent that this was their first time seeing my resume and that they were not used to working as HR as they spend most of the interview quietly staring at my resume. They had few questions prepared so they quickly resorted to repeatedly asking me if I had any questions for them.

During the lab tour, I found the facility very impressive. Though my tour guide was difficult to understand and I had to ask her to repeat herself many times, she was very thorough with the tour. Everyone I met in the lab was very friendly.

The second interview went better than the first though the third interviewer failed to show up. The other two interviewers were genuinely seemed interested in the hiring process and had appropriate questions prepared.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay performing very repetitive and non-challenging tasks daily?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

HR asked to choose a time for phone screening and HM called about technical questions. Onsite interview includes a 45 min presentation and one to one interviews. They are all very nice people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was on phone through Aerotek, the recruiter determined I had the requisite knowledge and education to continue on to the interview stage. I was called in after a few days for an interview with the hiring manager. The Lead Scientist was very knowledgeable and right after I walked in started discussing the work they were doing and advances they had made. After this I was passed off to 2 other people in the team and the interview questions started.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly non-technical. They were more scenario based, (How would you go about determining the source of error or contamination that occurred in the pipeline). My guess is this was how this particular group determined who would be a fit for them.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I had applied to many of the internships on the online application through the company, and was called for an informal HR screening interview for two of them. But for the one that I ended up receiving, the hiring manager emailed me directly, asking to set up a phone interview (I was not in the area at the time). We talked for about 45 minutes about general questions, details on my resume, as well as more in depth questions about my laboratory and scientific experience in undergrad and past internships.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns- standard hourly pay

Associate Scientist I/II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received and email confirmation for submitting an application for the position. Got contacted via email to schedule a phone interview few days later. Next day after a phone interview that lasted about 30 min I received an invitation to fill out an employment application. The day after a hiring manager contacted me for a secondary interview. Overall, both interviewers were nice and elaborate on what they are looking for. No games.

Summer Immunology Interview

Application

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews with different members of the team. The interviewer seemed very interested but no offer after 3rd phone interview. I did not realize that the offer/rejection would be posted online, so after not hearing back from anyone after a while, I emailed them with no response. Then I checked the website and there was my rejection.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss immunology and why you're interested in vaccines.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

It went for an hour and mostly technical. Tested to see if I was strong in the techniques I previously worked with. Was asked what techniques I was proficient in and question were asked based on that.

Interview Questions

• They basically tested if I was willing to learn or to see if I would be stubborn with what I have learnt.   Answer Question