MedStar Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.5

Simulation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

Panel with 5 people asking random questions. Unprofessional and sloppy. One of the panelist was texting on her cell phone the entire time and told me she was going to medical school and that I might take her role then continued to play on her phone. One male panelist was very rude and spoke very sharply to me. Very odd experience. Surprised I got a callback.

Director of Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

not impressed with MMG/MPP, too general in questions, didn't follow the process that MedStar has in place. no behavioral based interview questions, I thought the process so not impressive. I have nothing else to say.

Negotiation

none

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MedStar Health in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online through MedStar's corporate website. Approximately two weeks later they called and asked me to come in for an office interview. It was a group interview setting and I met with all the necessary parties the same day. It was nice interviewing with everyone all in the same day.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

Long interview process. It took 7 months from the first interview to receive a job offer. However, it was worth the wait. Seems like they could use help in streamlining their interview processes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Aim high

Clinic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MedStar Health (Ballston, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Hiring process took a few months, but the interview was great. I felt challenged and my interview knew exactly what she was looking for. She was able to give me a pretty good idea of what a typical day looked like. I was also giving the opportunity to shadow the current clinic assistant at the site I was going to be working at. I truly enjoyed the experience and the lessons I was able to learn from it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you don't know a certain exercise?   1 Answer

Customer Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

Applied online on their website, received call from recruiter for 1:1 interview, scheduled for 2 days later, met with manager of the department and someone that would be a co-worker. They first discussed the background of the company, then the position, then proceeded to ask me several questions and took notes upon my answers. After completing that, they asked if I had any questions, described the benefits and stated they would get back to me quickly.

Interview Questions

• - Strengths and weaknesses - How you handle an irate customer - What systems you have experience with - Hour availability - Do you have call center experience VERY simple and expected questions. Great group of people and a casual interview. No offer yet... Its only been 4 hours! :)   Answer Question

Applications Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

Smooth process

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Full Time Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a staff member. Then I came in and met the Director and then was interviewed by a committee who had several questions prepared for me. The entire process took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the last conflict that you had with a physician and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

The process was painfully slow and left a negative impression. The initial interview was scheduled (interviewed with the hiring manager and 2 other associates). I left feeling great and excited about the position. About two months went by and I assumed another candidate was hired, however, I was unexpectedly brought in for a 2nd interview to meet with the hiring managers's boss. She not only arrived 25 minutes late, with no explanation, but her tone was cold, dry, and discouraging. Although the hiring manager had been pleasant and encouraging, her boss left me feeling like the corporate environment was unwelcoming and rigid, not to mention the lack of work-life balance. Although I thought my hospital background would benefit and bring much needed insight to the corporate environment, she essentially told me that hospital associates do not work out well in the corporate environment. My interest level dropped significantly. Months went by again before I heard another word. Another candidate was hired... I wish them well. I will never interview for another MedStar corporate position again. It was an experience... but not a good one.

Interview Questions

• How will you make decisions when there is not a concensus?   Answer Question

EMR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MedStar Health (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted to interview for the position as I had extensive experience with the EMR while conducting an internship at the hospital. Previous manager had informed the position manager that I was available and experienced with the EMR. I had worked previously with the manager so interview was more or less a formality but was good to touch base and see what she expected from the position and what I was looking for in the position to ensure it met the expectations.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you personally used the SPIRT values. Describe a time when you had to deal with an aggressive patient/ situation and how did you deal with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent, HR does not allow for negotiation unless you are senior management or a Provider. They have 'equity' assessments that drive your offer.