MedStar Washington Hospital Center

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.8

New Graduate Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Hiring process was easy, interviewed for a position I was not interested in. The interview panel was friendly and courteous but I wasn't interviewed on time. Appointment was at 1030 I wasn't seen until 11.

Medical Office Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

All applications are submitted online, HR will contact for an interview. Then, potential candidates interview with the hiring manager of the department they applied to. Hiring managers often just give the highlights and don't share any challenges the department is dealing with--it is helpful to start a conversation with an employee of the department to gauge how a current employee feels about their workplace, they will often share negatives first!

Interview Questions
    Payscales are strict in SEIU Union positions,with no room for negotiating. Perhaps non-union, salaried positions can be negotiable.

Phlebotomist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interviewed by phlebotomy manager, who was my former supervisor at another lab. There was good history, so the hiring process was very smooth. Hired within a week's time.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

I applied online for the July residency program. I received an email the next day from the nurse recruiter requesting more information and asking to set up an interview with me. When I went for the interview there were many other applicants sitting and waiting. We first met up with human resources who just asked us basic questions such as why do we want to work for WHC and a little about our background. Once we were done we met up in True auditorium and waited until a manager picked up our resume and came over to do a second interview. In this interview there were more clinical type questions asked (what would you do if....what labs would you expect the doctor to order etc). Sometimes the manager may ask you if you would like to shadow for a day...if they are interested then you should receive an offer letter via email from your nursing recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Washington Hospital Center?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation every new graduate get the same starting pay.

MoaII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center in November 2014.

Good. Very smooth and straight forward interview. HR is really on top of getting good candidates in there to work. Would recommend for anyone interested. Very solid company to want to work for.

Smooth

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

The interview process was fairly straightforward and simple. I received a phone call to set up an interview, which occurred within a week of the initial call and met with HR, then the hiring director of the particular unit I would be working for. By the end of the day I was contacted with an offer. Once my references were checked, I received my official offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were relaxed and there were no trick questions. They mainly wanted to hear about my experience and how I handle clinical situations. Everyone was very friendly.   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center in July 2014.

Was contacted via email to come in for an interview. Met with a nurse recruiter and she asked me the basic questions (tell me about yourself, why nursing, complex patient, why should we hire you?). Went over the pay structure. Then I met with the department head and had a casual conversation followed by clinical questions. Nurses from the unit were brought in and asked questions.

Medical Office Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Was 15 years ago...current interview process is non existent. The HR department will only contact you for an interview only if they currently know you. This is a department who is partial to who they now not what they know.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths........as if that matters.   View Answer

Clinical Social Worker I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

The HR staff are very nice and friendly

Medical Technologist Lll Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Process took 2 days for a call back. Scheduled the interview within a week. The interview was straight forward nothing too tricky. I interviews with Hr first, then interview with the manager of the department. Each interview took about 15 minutes, and consisted of traditional interview questions. Overall it was a good experience.