MedStar Washington Hospital Center

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.9

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

I applied online for the July residency program. I received an email the next day from the nurse recruiter requesting more information and asking to set up an interview with me. When I went for the interview there were many other applicants sitting and waiting. We first met up with human resources who just asked us basic questions such as why do we want to work for WHC and a little about our background. Once we were done we met up in True auditorium and waited until a manager picked up our resume and came over to do a second interview. In this interview there were more clinical type questions asked (what would you do if....what labs would you expect the doctor to order etc). Sometimes the manager may ask you if you would like to shadow for a day...if they are interested then you should receive an offer letter via email from your nursing recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Washington Hospital Center?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation every new graduate get the same starting pay.

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

The interview process was fairly straightforward and simple. I received a phone call to set up an interview, which occurred within a week of the initial call and met with HR, then the hiring director of the particular unit I would be working for. By the end of the day I was contacted with an offer. Once my references were checked, I received my official offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were relaxed and there were no trick questions. They mainly wanted to hear about my experience and how I handle clinical situations. Everyone was very friendly.   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center in July 2014.

Was contacted via email to come in for an interview. Met with a nurse recruiter and she asked me the basic questions (tell me about yourself, why nursing, complex patient, why should we hire you?). Went over the pay structure. Then I met with the department head and had a casual conversation followed by clinical questions. Nurses from the unit were brought in and asked questions.

Medical Office Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Was 15 years ago...current interview process is non existent. The HR department will only contact you for an interview only if they currently know you. This is a department who is partial to who they now not what they know.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths........as if that matters.   View Answer

Clinical Social Worker I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

The HR staff are very nice and friendly

Medical Technologist Lll Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Process took 2 days for a call back. Scheduled the interview within a week. The interview was straight forward nothing too tricky. I interviews with Hr first, then interview with the manager of the department. Each interview took about 15 minutes, and consisted of traditional interview questions. Overall it was a good experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Was able to get an interview scheduled within a reasonable time period, however it took them awhile to get back to me about the job. I did get the job.

Communication Center Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

It was scary at first but the interviewer was pleasant and welcoming so i became more relaxed and confident.

There was no negotiation.

Clinical Informatics Specialist Interview

Working in the hospital as a summer intern got me a permanent position. There was one interview with the HR manager and director.

Interview Questions
    It was a union job. I started at a higher pay than the others who started earlier.

Patient Care Technician Interview

I submitted an application and wrote an email to participate in PCT Interview Day advertised on their site, they contacted me a few days later. There were 2 interviews. one with HR dude, one with supervisor of the hiring department. Common questions about what skills made you a good candidate, what your supervisor would describe as areas to work on, how to deal with lazy coworkers and angry patients/family. Seems that the major thing they're looking for is teamwork: you want to emphasize how you manage disagreements with coworkers constructively, how you understand your limits and are willing to help out and be helped. So you should have some examples of that prepared. Very relaxed interviews, HR guy gave me a lot of positive feedback about my answers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you bathed a senile patient and later on she forgot and started complaining to family that they were not bathed?   View Answer