MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2014
Updated Apr 1, 2014

2.9

Medical Office Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Was 15 years ago...current interview process is non existent. The HR department will only contact you for an interview only if they currently know you. This is a department who is partial to who they now not what they know.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths........as if that matters.   View Answer

Clinical Social Worker I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

The HR staff are very nice and friendly

Medical Technologist Lll Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Process took 2 days for a call back. Scheduled the interview within a week. The interview was straight forward nothing too tricky. I interviews with Hr first, then interview with the manager of the department. Each interview took about 15 minutes, and consisted of traditional interview questions. Overall it was a good experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Was able to get an interview scheduled within a reasonable time period, however it took them awhile to get back to me about the job. I did get the job.

Communication Center Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

It was scary at first but the interviewer was pleasant and welcoming so i became more relaxed and confident.

There was no negotiation.

Clinical Informatics Specialist Interview

Working in the hospital as a summer intern got me a permanent position. There was one interview with the HR manager and director.

Interview Questions
    It was a union job. I started at a higher pay than the others who started earlier.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center in September 2011.

In person interview with 2 people. Basic interview questions also clinical scenarios with sample evaluation/treatment ideas

Patient Care Technician Interview

I submitted an application and wrote an email to participate in PCT Interview Day advertised on their site, they contacted me a few days later. There were 2 interviews. one with HR dude, one with supervisor of the hiring department. Common questions about what skills made you a good candidate, what your supervisor would describe as areas to work on, how to deal with lazy coworkers and angry patients/family. Seems that the major thing they're looking for is teamwork: you want to emphasize how you manage disagreements with coworkers constructively, how you understand your limits and are willing to help out and be helped. So you should have some examples of that prepared. Very relaxed interviews, HR guy gave me a lot of positive feedback about my answers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you bathed a senile patient and later on she forgot and started complaining to family that they were not bathed?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Applied online Dec 2. 2012. Dec 4. 2012, a HR Generalist responded with a email request for an interview. That same day, I sent a specific interview date as requested by the HR. HR sent a confirmation email 5 days later (slow). The HR Generalist who interviewed me looked like she had just woke up.

Interview Questions
    • The questions HR ask are the same questions retail stores will ask you. They read the questions off a sheet, and base their hiring decision off of that. "How did you deal with a disgruntled customer" & "How do you work, when you see another coworker doing whatever"   View Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

I originally interviewed years ago, and prior to much automation of the process. I transitioned from a staff nurse position to a NP essentially by an internal referral. The initial process included the routine items of completing an application which was followed by a formal interview with a non-clinical person.

Interview Questions
    • Unable to recall at this time. The interview was somewhat informal and many years ago.   Answer Question

Worked for MedStar Washington Hospital Center? Contribute to the Community!