MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.9

Clinical Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center in July 2014.

Was contacted via email to come in for an interview. Met with a nurse recruiter and she asked me the basic questions (tell me about yourself, why nursing, complex patient, why should we hire you?). Went over the pay structure. Then I met with the department head and had a casual conversation followed by clinical questions. Nurses from the unit were brought in and asked questions.

Medical Office Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Was 15 years ago...current interview process is non existent. The HR department will only contact you for an interview only if they currently know you. This is a department who is partial to who they now not what they know.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths........as if that matters.   View Answer

Clinical Social Worker I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

The HR staff are very nice and friendly

Medical Technologist Lll Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Process took 2 days for a call back. Scheduled the interview within a week. The interview was straight forward nothing too tricky. I interviews with Hr first, then interview with the manager of the department. Each interview took about 15 minutes, and consisted of traditional interview questions. Overall it was a good experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Was able to get an interview scheduled within a reasonable time period, however it took them awhile to get back to me about the job. I did get the job.

Communication Center Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

It was scary at first but the interviewer was pleasant and welcoming so i became more relaxed and confident.

There was no negotiation.

Clinical Informatics Specialist Interview

Working in the hospital as a summer intern got me a permanent position. There was one interview with the HR manager and director.

Interview Questions
    It was a union job. I started at a higher pay than the others who started earlier.

Patient Care Technician Interview

I submitted an application and wrote an email to participate in PCT Interview Day advertised on their site, they contacted me a few days later. There were 2 interviews. one with HR dude, one with supervisor of the hiring department. Common questions about what skills made you a good candidate, what your supervisor would describe as areas to work on, how to deal with lazy coworkers and angry patients/family. Seems that the major thing they're looking for is teamwork: you want to emphasize how you manage disagreements with coworkers constructively, how you understand your limits and are willing to help out and be helped. So you should have some examples of that prepared. Very relaxed interviews, HR guy gave me a lot of positive feedback about my answers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you bathed a senile patient and later on she forgot and started complaining to family that they were not bathed?   View Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person – interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

I originally interviewed years ago, and prior to much automation of the process. I transitioned from a staff nurse position to a NP essentially by an internal referral. The initial process included the routine items of completing an application which was followed by a formal interview with a non-clinical person.

Interview Questions
    • Unable to recall at this time. The interview was somewhat informal and many years ago.   Answer Question

Assistant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center in April 2012.

I talked to Human Resources personell on the phobe. My application was pulled from the University of South Carolina job pool website. The initial interview was telephone based and that process took around 45min to an hour. There were a series of questions then I was invited to an on site one on one interview. After completing that interview process I was invited to take an inventory test in which I declined. The pay considered was great, but the work environment seemed a bit cumbersome.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment? Why would you choose it? How would your greatest accomplishment influence your decision to work here?   Answer Question