MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

apply online for RN residency program call from HR (took a while to get this call) interview with HR and then unit manager received a call back within the same day with an offer accepted

Interview Questions

• If you have a pt with elevated HR and decreased BP what would you do?   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

Contacted by HR about a month after I applied. Interviewed by HR and the pharmacy department. Very straight forward questions. More of them explaining their operations than asking questions. Contacted about a month after the interview by HR

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where your recommendation wasn't accepted by a physician and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very straightforward, and common interview questions. They asked about my past experiences and how I would fit into their department. Overall, the interview process was set up quickly, a little disorganized but that is expected when you are meeting with physicians who see patients and have busy schedules.

Pharmacy Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

Great experience--had to do a power point presentation. I met with other residents, pharmacists, and managers. There was one-on-one interview session as well as group. I was asked to do a thirty-minute power point presentation to the pharmacists. They also had question and answer session. I was also asked to evaluate an order flagged as a problem order. When I answered I saw nothing wrong with it, the manager agreed that there was nothing wrong. It was a trick question.

Interview Questions

• Asked what was wrong with an order   1 Answer

New Graduate Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

Hiring process was easy, interviewed for a position I was not interested in. The interview panel was friendly and courteous but I wasn't interviewed on time. Appointment was at 1030 I wasn't seen until 11.

Medical Office Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

All applications are submitted online, HR will contact for an interview. Then, potential candidates interview with the hiring manager of the department they applied to. Hiring managers often just give the highlights and don't share any challenges the department is dealing with--it is helpful to start a conversation with an employee of the department to gauge how a current employee feels about their workplace, they will often share negatives first!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Payscales are strict in SEIU Union positions,with no room for negotiating. Perhaps non-union, salaried positions can be negotiable.

Phlebotomist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interviewed by phlebotomy manager, who was my former supervisor at another lab. There was good history, so the hiring process was very smooth. Hired within a week's time.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

I applied online for the July residency program. I received an email the next day from the nurse recruiter requesting more information and asking to set up an interview with me. When I went for the interview there were many other applicants sitting and waiting. We first met up with human resources who just asked us basic questions such as why do we want to work for WHC and a little about our background. Once we were done we met up in True auditorium and waited until a manager picked up our resume and came over to do a second interview. In this interview there were more clinical type questions asked (what would you do if....what labs would you expect the doctor to order etc). Sometimes the manager may ask you if you would like to shadow for a day...if they are interested then you should receive an offer letter via email from your nursing recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Washington Hospital Center?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation every new graduate get the same starting pay.

MoaII Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Good. Very smooth and straight forward interview. HR is really on top of getting good candidates in there to work. Would recommend for anyone interested. Very solid company to want to work for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward and simple. I received a phone call to set up an interview, which occurred within a week of the initial call and met with HR, then the hiring director of the particular unit I would be working for. By the end of the day I was contacted with an offer. Once my references were checked, I received my official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were relaxed and there were no trick questions. They mainly wanted to hear about my experience and how I handle clinical situations. Everyone was very friendly.   Answer Question