Medallia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.2

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medallia.

Interview

Phone screen, online intelligence test, sales challenge, 4 in person interviews (regional and at HQ). The sales challenge was creating a presentation, and I thought it was a fun and productive exercise. Overall I met with good people but the hiring process seemed very bureaucratic. Medallia is keen on their process but they may want you to commit before process is complete or before they make an actual offer.

Customer Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Medallia (New York, NY).

Interview

Process started off well but company quickly went radio silent on me. I had the initial phone screening and phone interviews all within the first month. On-site interviews happened a month later and there was some miscommunication and my interviewer was booked so I had to interview with someone else last minute; no problem as everyone was nice. I was told I'd be notified in a week and instead it took almost a month with 3 follow up emails before I heard an update. As others have mentioned, the process was very unusual given the take-home skills challenge as well as the culture interview. The take home was fairly time intensive and the culture interview did feel like it was overstepping the professional and into the personal life quite a bit.

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

A head hunter found me. The process started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. It went well. I was asked to go onsite. The onsite took 6 hours. I think I got good rapport with most folks, except with the hiring manager. It was rather unfortunate. The frustrating thing is that it took 6 hours of my time and Medallia didn't bother to give me a response afterwards.

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a Medallia recruiter. She asked a lot of very probing, very well-crafted questions about my background and cultural fit. From there, we coordinated a phone screen with another engineering manager who asked me further questions about my technical and managerial background and provided me with further details on the role. After that, there were two on-site interviews. The first was a discussion with several managers, including my eventual manager, to probe into further aspects of my background and fit for the company. They were very open and forthcoming with information, and it was a very natural conversational tone. The second interview was a series of "challenges", which were structured as case studies that I needed to analyze and present findings about. The case studies were well-crafted and very topically-relevant. They gave me about a week to prepare the case studies, making it very low-pressure, and provided several check-in points during that period to allow me to ask questions. All in all, it was one of the most pleasant, professional, and well-executed interview processes that I have ever experienced. The Medallia team has really focused on making it a great process, and it shows.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you needed to build out a team. How did you do it? Did all of the hires work out as expected? How did you handle it when it didn't work out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Medallia's policy is a "first-best". Negotation was very minimal as a result, and their offer was quite generous.

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very comprehensive phone interview and skills test but when onsite, no interview questions were asked. Sales Manager started the conversation with asking what my compensation was and then following up with how much Medallia would offer. She depreciated value in Medallia. In coming onsite and speaking with the sales manager, she managed to make me not want to work there. Absolutely horrible person to have represent Medallia and it's culture.

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview/hiring process with Medallia is like none other. The level of engagement throughout each step of the process is amazing. It was the most intense interview process I've been through and, by far, the most rewarding. My point of contact also happened to be the hiring manager - and he did a fantastic job of keeping me engaged, guiding me through the process, and putting me at ease when my nerves tried to get the best of me. We kicked things off with an exploratory chat with the hiring manager. He started by asking me the usual questions about what's important to me and what I'm looking for in my next opportunity, then opened it up for any questions I had for him. We had a really good chat - but I literally just became open to exploring new opportunities and had some reservations about jumping right into interviews. He extended an invitation for lunch and a tour of the office, which I really enjoyed. I was doing a lot of soul searching at the time to figure out what I wanted next, and this allowed me to see the office in motion without the pressure of formal interviews. The actual interview process included a Skype interview and two rounds of onsite interviews - by design to accommodate my schedule. The slate consisted of 2 role-related interviews (Talent Acquisition), a client/stakeholder interview (Engineering), a cross-functional interview, and a roundtable-like session to talk through the work sample (or "challenge"). The process can seem to be a bit lengthy since you meet with multiple people and each interview lasts for an hour - but I ended up really appreciating this. It gave an opportunity to deep dive during each interview, which helped tremendously in my decision making process. These interview rounds are incredibly well executed and it's evident that a lot of thought is put into attracting and hiring the right people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really necessary. They definitely try to put their best foot forward, which is how I like to do things as well.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Medallia's interview experience is valuable whether or not it results in an offer. Throughout the process there is constant evaluation of your behavioral drivers, mindset and self-awareness. The rigorous emphasis on these areas forces introspection and builds instant trust as the interviewers are happy to reciprocate openly. Medallia genuinely wants to understand who you are, what makes you tick and how you see the world - they want to know if & how you spend time reflecting and purposefully improving. You will (or at least should) learn something valuable about yourself in the interview process. Beyond initial screening, there were 3 major stages: 1. Phone interview - pretty standard phone interview 2. In-person interview and challenge presentation - expect to invest significant time into the challenge 3. Cultural interview - deep dive into who you are, how you think, what you're passionate about, etc. Effort, open mind & open heart required.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medallia in May 2015.

Interview

I did an informational interview and had a great conversation. I'll be looking into the company further when I am better suited to fully enter the job market. Questions included how I heard about the company, what I knew of the company, and how I would handle situations pertinent to the position. Overall, it was a little intimidating at first, but quickly relaxed into a professional but productive and enjoyable conversation.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very well done by Medallia. Conducted series of 1hr interviews (6 1-on-1s, a 1-on-2, and a 1-on-3). Did an additional 1hr culture interview focused on assessing fit. Completed 5hr+ Medallia challenge -- think a few scenarios and some data / exhibits to analyze. Ran 3 reference checks (2 on managers, 1 from other)

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a particularly challenging problem you've solved. Can you discuss time you've resolved conflict on your team?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medallia (New York, NY).

Interview

two phone interviews and both went pretty good. Questions asked were based on resume and situation(I have only internships ). It was a easy interview. Was looking forward to the third process of excel challenge to show my tech skills. Would love to gain experience and work even as an intern at Medallia.