Medallia

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Medallia.

Interview Details – I applied online on their website. The recruiter replied back and setup an initial round of interview. The recruiter asked various background related questions like why medallia and all. She also asked basic java questions. I passed this round so she sent me an interviewstreet challenge which I completed successfully. The interviewstreet questions were very easy.

Then I got my first phone interview. The questions were pretty standard:
1. Check whether a given linkedlist has cycle or not.
2. Design Question - Design deck of cards then extended this question by asking me to implement a game.

I was pretty nervous in the second phone interview. The questions were very easy like bubble sort, insertion sort, hashing vs BST, etc. I was not able to clear this round due to my nervousness.

Interviewed at Medallia

Interview Details – HR gave me a phone call and introduced the company. She let me talk about my projects. Then she asked me several Java programming knowledge including whether interface can be final, what static block is, what method should be overridden if equal is overridden, what the differences between array and ArrayList are.

Interview Question – Java Programming knowledge   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Medallia.

Interview Details – Online code test; it was supposed to take about an hour (at least that's what they said), but it would be impossible to write all that code in one hour, especially since you also have to think of a solution for each problem. The problems weren't that difficult, but it was obvious that they didn't want to hire, they just wanted to mock somebody.

Interview Questions

• Given the digits 1 through k (1<=k<=9), return the list of all numbers where each digit occurs at most once   Answer Question
  • Summing up the individual digits for each number from 0 to k (0<=k<=10000000)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Medallia

Interview Details – online code test

Interview Question – sum of k smallest number   View Answers (2)

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Medallia in September 2012.

Interview Details – One on campus interview, fair algorithm question. Second interview was over the phone and the interviewer cared more about petty syntax on my problem rather than my approach. The question was fair but as i worked it out he kept recommending different ways to do it and it ended up on him shaping up my answer.

Interview Question – Most efficient way to sort 1000 arrays of 1000 items into one huge array.   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medallia.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of phone interviews. They were both quite nice. Technical questions. One focused on algorithm, and another focused on design.

Interview Question – Normal   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Medallia in March 2012.

Interview Details – Online test, and followed by a phone interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Medallia? Contribute to the Community!