Medallia

www.medallia.com

Medallia Software Engineer Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Medallia.

I applied online on their website. The recruiter replied back and setup an initial round of interview. The recruiter asked various background related questions like why medallia and all. She also asked basic java questions. I passed this round so she sent me an interviewstreet challenge which I completed successfully. The interviewstreet questions were very easy.

Then I got my first phone interview. The questions were pretty standard:
1. Check whether a given linkedlist has cycle or not.
2. Design Question - Design deck of cards then extended this question by asking me to implement a game.

I was pretty nervous in the second phone interview. The questions were very easy like bubble sort, insertion sort, hashing vs BST, etc. I was not able to clear this round due to my nervousness.

Other Interview Reviews for Medallia

Software Engineer Interview

HR gave me a phone call and introduced the company. She let me talk about my projects. Then she asked me several Java programming knowledge including whether interface can be final, what static block is, what method should be overridden if equal is overridden, what the differences between array and ArrayList are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Medallia.

Online code test; it was supposed to take about an hour (at least that's what they said), but it would be impossible to write all that code in one hour, especially since you also have to think of a solution for each problem. The problems weren't that difficult, but it was obvious that they didn't want to hire, they just wanted to mock somebody.

Interview Questions
    • Given the digits 1 through k (1<=k<=9), return the list of all numbers where each digit occurs at most once   Answer Question
    • Summing up the individual digits for each number from 0 to k (0<=k<=10000000)   Answer Question

online code test

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Medallia in September 2012.

One on campus interview, fair algorithm question. Second interview was over the phone and the interviewer cared more about petty syntax on my problem rather than my approach. The question was fair but as i worked it out he kept recommending different ways to do it and it ended up on him shaping up my answer.

Interview Questions
    • Most efficient way to sort 1000 arrays of 1000 items into one huge array.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medallia.

I had two rounds of phone interviews. They were both quite nice. Technical questions. One focused on algorithm, and another focused on design.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Medallia in March 2012.

Online test, and followed by a phone interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Medallia? Contribute to the Community!