Medco Health

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Medco Health in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was very easy and I enjoyed every min of it. Basic business values questions

Interview Question – Nothing was that difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic and it was a good offer

Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Medco Health in May 2010.

Interview Details – Great location. Not particularly experienced interviewing crew.

Interview Question – What have you been doing after being laid off?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Medco Health in May 2008.

Interview Details – For the position that I signed up for, I felt that the interview process was way too long and redundant. The entire process was close to two hours long, but I felt that everything they really needed to know could have been acquired in less than 45 minutes. While I appreciated being able to meet the team members I worked with, there seemed to be very little in-communication between them on what to do with me, since many of the questions (and information) were repetitive and non-challenging. I felt most repulsed when the senior director of the group "interviewed" me by asking questions off a piece of paper; very unoriginal and tactless.

The "skills test" was equally offensive. While I won't go into details on how it went (it was short and super-duper basic; anyone who took any sort of computer anything course from middle school onwards could've answered it), I already knew by that point that a lot of what I would be doing would NOT be technical.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses to be?   View Answer
  • Why are you interested in this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really; I was only given about two days to make a decision. I turned down two VERY lucrative opportunities, one of which was going very well from the series of phone interviews I did, to take this job. Unfortunately, I can't say that doing this was worth it, as I ultimately disliked the position very much.

What advice can I give? Make sure you have more than two days to make your decision...unless your desperate!

Business Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medco Health in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very long process. I met everyone in the small department both in person and over the phone. The office is very casual (t-shirts and jeans) so it feels akward wearing a suit but of course do. Very basic interview, HR wants a broad background of every job, what you did, liked, disliked, why you left. Interview with manager and co-workers was more them talking not to many questions.

Interview Question – I was asked some basic tech questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate considering the environment. Everyone gets the same amount of vacation days I was told.

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Medco Health in November 2007.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter for a consult-to-perm position. I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager and a few of his peers. Offer was made the next day. HR was brought in later to interview me. Interview questions covered my background, why I was leaving my current job, etc.

If interviewed, ask who had the position before you and why did they leave. Also ask about what processes and procedures are used. Medco has a reputation for being a 'fly by the seat of your pants' firm. If that appeals to you, then you'll fit in nicely here. If you like well defined procedures, ask the hiring manager what SOPs are in place. Some groups are better than others when following processes and procedures.

Interview Question – How do you code an inner/outer join?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation process was straight forward. They offered a salary; I countered as the initial salary was low.
You will only get 2 weeks vacation. However, I've been told by some employees here that it can be negotiated. Never hurts to try!

Worked for Medco Health? Contribute to the Community!