Medco Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

Interviewed at Medco Health

Interview Details – When the company as owned by Medco, they would have Supervisors interview the representatives. The problem was when someone wasn't performing, you had a hard time letting them go because of all the red tape. Nobody wants to make a decision unless you get the lawyers involved or have HR involved.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Medco Health in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with upper management even for summer internship positions. Upper management didn't seem too excited to interview interns. It was more of them talking about the opportunity and asking to see what kind of skills sets I had as an intern.

Interview Question – No behavioral questions. This was an surprise to me.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Medco Health in July 2009.

Interview Details – HR Interview - pro forma - technology manager had already made a decision to hire me.

The interview process was a sales pitch to convince me of a solid future with the company, which was on the cusp of taking off in the industry. My skills were barely challenged; at the time the technology community was quite close-knit, so it only took a couple of phone calls to verify resume details from a third party.

Interview Question – It was unexpected to get a verbal offer within 10 minutes of walking into the interview, after meeting and knowing of the interviewer for the very first time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only thing that had to be negotiated was my need to start 1 month later than the offered start date; I needed a vacation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medco Health in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was round table with various managers, and other candidates. You got a chance to see what the company expected and see who you could possible be working with and for.

Interview Question – What are my life goals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase

PSR Interview

PSR
Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medco Health.

Interview Details – Walk-in to sign application form then after about a week I got a call for initial interview then invited me for a one-on-one interview. On the day of the personal interview was just basic questions and put me on the phone with a scripted material to read probably to test your accent, inflection and voice quality. Another interview with supervising person on the operations then I as done. I was instructions where to go for my drug and medical test.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can recall. The interview was just basic.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Medco Health.

Interview Details – It was simple and comfortable. The interview was conducted by a very laid back gentleman.

Interview Question – Where would I like to see myself in 5 years. My answer did not matter as I had been lied to about the opportunities for growth.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Relaxed but was full of deception, unfortunately.

Member Services Interview

Member Services
Omaha, NE

I applied online - interviewed at Medco Health in December 2011.

Interview Details – There will be two interviews, dress bussiness or bussiness casual. If they are interested there will be a drug/criminal back ground ck. Training last 8 weeks ,you can only miss 12 hrs in that time period

Interview Question – Why should the hire you? what do you have to offer the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got the hours I wanted, but the salery is set.

Prescription Benefit Specialist Interview

Prescription Benefit Specialist
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Medco Health in January 2008.

Interview Details – I spoke to a total of 4 diffeent people for interview process, these were all phone interviews. I finally had my in erson intrview about 1 week later, We discussed customer servie skills nd job would entail. Talking to members and showing them by using Medco Mail Ordr Pharmacy,it will save them money. And also ordred meds for members, took paymnts, tranferred members to pharmacist or RN whatever there accnt showed.

Interview Question – If I woud be intrested in Work at Home....but that never happened   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Medco Health in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was very easy and I enjoyed every min of it. Basic business values questions

Interview Question – Nothing was that difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic and it was a good offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Montvale, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Medco Health in January 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed for this position in January and met with 8 people. Each person said my skills matched very well with the position. In fact, one person I met with had the exact same background I did and specifically told me that the skills were immediately transferable to the financial analyst role. I was told I would hear something in two weeks because they wanted to move "very quickly". After I left i sent my thank you notes to each of the 8 people I met with. This was in January of 2012. After at least 2 weeks of not hearing anything, I called HR. no response. It's now March of 2012 and after many unanswered calls and emails I still have not heard back. While its clear I did not get the position, the complete lack of respect for my time, and interest in the company, is disappointing. A simple call or form email would have taken HR 2 minutes of time and saved a lot of mine. Recommendation: if you have some one take time out of their day to have an in person interview, please show them the common courtesy of following up-regardless of the outcome.

Interview Question – Give us an overview of your current background and how it applies to this role   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Medco Health

Worked for Medco Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medco Health interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Medco Health employees and interview candidates.