MediaCom Worldwide Interview Questions & Reviews

18 interviews

2.7

Communications Planning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide in February 2013.

Had a standard phone interview and met with several teams within a week of my phone interview. Interview process was streamlined and moved fairly quickly. Recruiter kept me updated and in the loop throughout the whole process.

No negotiations for entry-level

Assistant Broadcast Negotiator Interview

The people interviewing you make it seem like they are interested in you and like you a lot, however later on they dont offer you the job. Difficult for no reason. Job seems simple. They pick and choose who they want based on nothing.

Associate Search Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide in February 2013.

Received an email from the recruiter and had a phone interview with her. She was very nice and asked good questions. The in-person meeting was perhaps the best I ever had. Met with the entire Search team for one of the bigger clients and met with the most junior folks up to the Head of Search. It was very insightful and there was lots of good dialogue.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I've dealt with a troublesome employee and what I would do if I were to encounter someone who was producing a bad vibe on the team and negatively effecting team morale.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide.

I applied online and heard back a few weeks later regarding a phone interview. Phone interview was 30 mins. I kept in contact until I heard back 3-4 months later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you were fearless. Asked a lot about their clients-- who I'd want to work with/why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide in April 2011.

I got called on by a recruiter for this position. Based on meeting a few folks in the marketing analytics team, I got the typical agency vibe. The client base is pretty steady since the real money comes in from the media investment so the analytics work is a bit of a sideshow.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain how I would be able to transition from working at a small analytics firm to working at a massive media agency.   Answer Question

Search Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide in February 2013.

The HR screening process was first and this was OK. HR screeners seem a little too strict for entry level positions. They act like you should know where you want to go in life, but honestly, they should be looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals.

For the in-person interview, I met with the Directors and Managers of all teams that had an opening. They ranged from very easy to above average in difficulty. Standard questions were asked. Nothing too creative at all.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate since it was an entry level job, so the HR recruiter said.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide.

Recruiters seem genuinely nice.

Interview Questions

Salary, it is not competitive.

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide.

After applying online, a recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview. When the interview time came... no call. I called, thinking perhaps I had gotten it wrong, and left a message. With no response, I was slightly annoyed (I had taken time out of my job to take this call), but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and emailed the HR recruiter to see if we could set up another time. When he responded (no apology I might add), we finally set up a time to talk and it was basically a standard HR prescreen (I described myself, my strengths and weaknesses, etc.). He then had me come in to interview with three people in the research team.

The interviews took about 3 hours total, and there were no out of the ordinary questions (basically just describing my experience with research, what types of products I'd be interesting in working with}. It was clear the company had difficulty holding employees - none of the three I had interviewed with had been at the company more than 1.5 years. And, on that note, none seemed to be very passionate about the work they were doing.

I wasn't too thrilled by the company, so I'm not too upset to say I was not offered a position. I say that especially because of the disrespectful way the recruiter handled the process. He ensured me at the end of the three interviews that I would be informed of my status immediately if I was not going to be offered the position - because he "didn't want to waste my time." However, after weeks and multiple follow-up emails, I eventually realized he had no such intention of updating me, and my time was, in fact, very wasted here.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide in January 2012.

I was contacted by the "Director of Talent Acquisition" via email and scheduled a phone interview- He never called, two weeks later he surfaced and we scheduled another date for a phone interview, this time he provided his number, I contacted him at the specific time and ended up leaving a message. At his point I was fed up with his unprofessional behavior, I sent him an email two days later stating that this exercise has created a "negative candidate and branding experience", needless to say he immediately replied and we scheduled a third attempt ,this time when he picked up the phone not only he had no clue who I was he asked to reschedule the phone meeting again.
    Do executives care who represents their company? Why is this type of behavior tolerated? How is this person even employed? Do you care about your brand ? This is how you lose talent....

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide in November 2010.

Great friendly staff. Employee referal however multiple candidates for one position. Went well however received a call sayin they offered a position to a previous intern.

Interview Questions

Worked for MediaCom Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!