MediaMath Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

3 parts: HR screen phone interview, phone interview with manager, in-person interview with manager, director, and team member.

The process was very low stress because my qualifications matched exactly with what was needed. I hardly had to spin my experience in positively. I simply stated my experience and they were very enthusiastic. It was a very down to earth experience and didn't feel like a game (like most interviews). Great emotional connection with the team and were very laid back.

The HR recruiter was very good and maintained constant contact. The whole process took about two weeks from applying to accepting.

Overall, it was easy because I was an exact match for the role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Definitely ask about negotiating and have something to leverage your reasoning for a higher salary.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. Afterwards, I was invited to come in and interview in-person. At this point, I met with five individuals for five individual 30 minute interviews, which consisted of about the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences in collaborative environments   Answer Question

Front End Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

3 Interviews. Lots of applicants and competitive. I was recruited then had to talk to technical managers. They are very nice people. I was supposed to have a video call but it was just a phone call.

Marketing Engineer Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted a personal paper about which MediaMath philosophy you fit the best. I then was asked to complete a Wonderlic test online followed by a phone interview a few days later. This is all followed up by on site interviews with five individuals lasting thirty minutes each. Overall, it was a great experience.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through their online portal and got call from the technical recruiter 2 weeks later. He described about the company and asked why was i looking for a new job. Later he scheduled a phone screen with one of the senior QA member. Phone screen was more about the experience and basic QA methodologies, automation and basic java questions. There was also a collabedit session as well to check coding skills over the phone. Later was called in for an on site interview, typically 4 rounds 1 with Sr QA, 1 with Software Engineer, 1 to test Scripting and Unix knowledge last one was with the Hiring manager which more behavioral. All the interviewers were very pleasant and explained to me nicely how things work around in MediaMath. I never thought, for a minute that i was in an interview room and all of them made me feel comfortable at most. It was a great experience for me over all.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, QA methodologies, Sum of subset problem, Behavioral questions including future plans, best team worked with, biggest challenge etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal. I was expecting in the range of 80K but seeing their work i considered moving forward with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY).

Interview

A very good and well planned interview process. HR and recruiter will remain in contact with you during the entire process. Will walk you through entire stages and will be very friendly.

Interview Questions

• DataStructure, Algorithms, Implementation   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY).

Interview

Screening call with HR then a 30 min call with hiring manager, and then face-to-face interviews with a person that I would have manage as well as a VP from another department. The hiring manager said that we would meet to continue our call but they weren't present. I followed up twice after my face-to-face interviews but never heard back, which was very unprofessional. The time you take off of work and the time you put into the process at least deserves an automated response declining your candidacy. I was also sent to the wrong building by the HR person which made me late to the interview. If this is any indication of the company, I would not recommend them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience pertaining to the job and also my knowledge about the company and Ad Tech industry. The hiring manager asked me about some of my projects but the conversation was cut short as she had another call. It was only about 30 min by phone. Others I met with asked me about my leadership philosophy as well as what had brought me to interview for the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview, then in-person interview. Whole process was informal and comfortable, with interviewers that were relatable, clear about what sort of skills and experience they were looking for, and respectful of my time. Even had I not received an offer, I would have left this interview with a really positive impression of MediaMath, and woudld have continued to look for roles as they became available.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was relatively quick. After an initial screening of my eligibility, my experience was evaluated by the lead engineer. I then spoke with several team members for about 30 minutes each. The level of technicality in the questions varied based on the member. After this, I received my offer. Everything was very smooth, and every email was promptly responded to. Overall great experience. I went into it without too many expectations and they really sold me. I felt very comfortable, and now I'm excited to work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some pretty in depth questions about a coding project I had previously done. I basically walked them through the whole process of my own thought process and development of the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't given too much time to make my decision on the offer. I was able to extend it out to a week.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a university event. I then applied online. A recruiter reached out to me, and scheduled an interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview.

When the actual interview came about, the interviewer had zero questions for me. I'm not kidding. He was very obviously distracted, and had no questions. He asked me to describe myself and then nothing else. Nothing. I tried to keep the conversation going but there was nothing. He was very obviously not thinking I was worth his time. He hung up after 14 minutes. He asked me to describe myself, and he asked me if I'd researched the position, which I had.

I then followed up with the recruiter who scheduled the interview in hopes that I wouldn't be disregarded because the interviewer was ill prepared. The recruiter never emailed me back, instead I got a reply from a do not reply email address saying they were considering other options.

Overall, I have NEVER felt so disrespected after an interview process with any of the 15+ companies I have interviewed with. This was a very poor experience and if this is how serious they take finding talent, I do not anticipate them finding it.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any questions other than to 'describe myself' and 'have you researched the position.' They do not prepare for interviews and do not respect your time enough to have anything prepared.   Answer Question