MediaMath Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath.

Screening call with HR then a 30 min call with hiring manager, and then face-to-face interviews with a person that I would have manage as well as a VP from another department. The hiring manager said that we would meet to continue our call but they weren't present. I followed up twice after my face-to-face interviews but never heard back, which was very unprofessional. The time you take off of work and the time you put into the process at least deserves an automated response declining your candidacy. I was also sent to the wrong building by the HR person which made me late to the interview. If this is any indication of the company, I would not recommend them.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my experience pertaining to the job and also my knowledge about the company and Ad Tech industry. The hiring manager asked me about some of my projects but the conversation was cut short as she had another call. It was only about 30 min by phone. Others I met with asked me about my leadership philosophy as well as what had brought me to interview for the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in January 2015.

Phone screening interview, then in-person interview. Whole process was informal and comfortable, with interviewers that were relatable, clear about what sort of skills and experience they were looking for, and respectful of my time. Even had I not received an offer, I would have left this interview with a really positive impression of MediaMath, and woudld have continued to look for roles as they became available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in January 2015.

The process was relatively quick. After an initial screening of my eligibility, my experience was evaluated by the lead engineer. I then spoke with several team members for about 30 minutes each. The level of technicality in the questions varied based on the member. After this, I received my offer. Everything was very smooth, and every email was promptly responded to. Overall great experience. I went into it without too many expectations and they really sold me. I felt very comfortable, and now I'm excited to work.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some pretty in depth questions about a coding project I had previously done. I basically walked them through the whole process of my own thought process and development of the project.   Answer Question
    I wasn't given too much time to make my decision on the offer. I was able to extend it out to a week.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at MediaMath.

The first interview was on the phone. Standard questions were asked about my interests, background, and experiences. The in person interviews were pretty similar. I met with four different people who asked how my background applied to the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • What's a strength that you posses that isn't on your resume?   View Answer
    Waiting to hear back..

Business Operations and Strategy Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MediaMath.

I met a recruiter at a university event. I then applied online. A recruiter reached out to me, and scheduled an interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview.

When the actual interview came about, the interviewer had zero questions for me. I'm not kidding. He was very obviously distracted, and had no questions. He asked me to describe myself and then nothing else. Nothing. I tried to keep the conversation going but there was nothing. He was very obviously not thinking I was worth his time. He hung up after 14 minutes. He asked me to describe myself, and he asked me if I'd researched the position, which I had.

I then followed up with the recruiter who scheduled the interview in hopes that I wouldn't be disregarded because the interviewer was ill prepared. The recruiter never emailed me back, instead I got a reply from a do not reply email address saying they were considering other options.

Overall, I have NEVER felt so disrespected after an interview process with any of the 15+ companies I have interviewed with. This was a very poor experience and if this is how serious they take finding talent, I do not anticipate them finding it.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask me any questions other than to 'describe myself' and 'have you researched the position.' They do not prepare for interviews and do not respect your time enough to have anything prepared.   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MediaMath in November 2014.

Initially, the process began with a phone interview with their recruiter. A second phone interview followed with one of the managers, after which, we scheduled an in person interview. All of this was done in a week.
    The in person interview was originally 5 interviews one after the other, however, another person was added into the line-up at the last minute, so there were 6. All of the people were lovely, and they all asked very similar questions, stuff like, "why MediaMath?" "What is your idea of the position?" Etc.

It was a very relaxed, painless and enjoyable experience that really made you want the job.

Interview Questions
    • After reading the job description, which article do you find least appealing, and why?   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in November 2014.

After submitting my resume through their website, a recruiter reached out to me and had a standard phone screening. Afterwards I talked to a HRBP about the job and gained a more in-depth understanding.

After the initial phone screenings I had six 1:1 interviews with the HR team. Questions varied, depending on what the interviewers viewed as important to succeed on the job. There was a fair bit of behavioral questions that seemed to be aimed at finding out how I would prioritize different things on the job. There was also some questions aimed at finding out if I had any knowledge about HR in general.

After the interview I followed up with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Explain reasonable accommodation in regards to the ADA.   View Answer
    Within my range as for as dollar amount went. They have a great deal of benefits that are worth it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MediaMath.

I was contacted by a MediaMatch recruiter via LinkedIn and we quickly scheduled a phone interview with a team lead. The phone interview was pretty normal, although maybe slightly lighter on heavy technology compared to other technology companies.

I had an in-person interview soon after and generally enjoyed myself and had great conversations with the interviewers. I met with 4 different interviewers and the internal recruiter and the interview took roughly 3 hours.

Everyone was very polite and made sure I was comfortable and well hydrated. Thanks!

However, I then heard nothing from the company afterwards. Not a yes, or a no. No feedback, no "thanks, but no thanks". Not even after I emailed the company to ask for an update.

I understand that some people don't want to deal with delivering bad news and find it uncomfortable, but come'on...you must be rejecting more people than you extend offers to, so you should have had plenty of practice with it. I personally find it extremely rude and inappropriate not to have the decency of letting people who've spent hours talking to you know about your hiring decision. Reputations matter.

Program Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in October 2014.

Applied online through their website. I was contacted for a phone interview and then had two follow up interviews. The recruiter was great and the phone interview flowed really well. You can tell that her questions are based on the conversation and she doesn't just read from a list. Met face to face with the person that would be my supervisor as well as his supervisor. My second face to face interview involved meeting with SME's from other areas of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Teach me something that you know really well that you don't think I know how to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in October 2014.

The recruiter was extremely unprofessional. I had to reschedule my first screening interview two times because I did not get a call at the scheduled time and they did show any respect for my time by notifying me of this in advance. On the third time, I finally got a call and had a basic screening interview to go over my experience. Got a second interview with someone on the team I would be on and went over some more stuff about my experience and they asked me a few conceptual programming questions and stuff about their advertising system. Thought it went well, but then I heard that they were not continuing the process. Was a pretty poorly organized process and would not recommend to other people.