MediaMath Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.9

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

3 parts: HR screen phone interview, phone interview with manager, in-person interview with manager, director, and team member.

The process was very low stress because my qualifications matched exactly with what was needed. I hardly had to spin my experience in positively. I simply stated my experience and they were very enthusiastic. It was a very down to earth experience and didn't feel like a game (like most interviews). Great emotional connection with the team and were very laid back.

The HR recruiter was very good and maintained constant contact. The whole process took about two weeks from applying to accepting.

Overall, it was easy because I was an exact match for the role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Definitely ask about negotiating and have something to leverage your reasoning for a higher salary.

Marketing Engineer Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted a personal paper about which MediaMath philosophy you fit the best. I then was asked to complete a Wonderlic test online followed by a phone interview a few days later. This is all followed up by on site interviews with five individuals lasting thirty minutes each. Overall, it was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY).

Interview

A very good and well planned interview process. HR and recruiter will remain in contact with you during the entire process. Will walk you through entire stages and will be very friendly.

Interview Questions

• DataStructure, Algorithms, Implementation   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY).

Interview

Screening call with HR then a 30 min call with hiring manager, and then face-to-face interviews with a person that I would have manage as well as a VP from another department. The hiring manager said that we would meet to continue our call but they weren't present. I followed up twice after my face-to-face interviews but never heard back, which was very unprofessional. The time you take off of work and the time you put into the process at least deserves an automated response declining your candidacy. I was also sent to the wrong building by the HR person which made me late to the interview. If this is any indication of the company, I would not recommend them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience pertaining to the job and also my knowledge about the company and Ad Tech industry. The hiring manager asked me about some of my projects but the conversation was cut short as she had another call. It was only about 30 min by phone. Others I met with asked me about my leadership philosophy as well as what had brought me to interview for the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview, then in-person interview. Whole process was informal and comfortable, with interviewers that were relatable, clear about what sort of skills and experience they were looking for, and respectful of my time. Even had I not received an offer, I would have left this interview with a really positive impression of MediaMath, and woudld have continued to look for roles as they became available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was relatively quick. After an initial screening of my eligibility, my experience was evaluated by the lead engineer. I then spoke with several team members for about 30 minutes each. The level of technicality in the questions varied based on the member. After this, I received my offer. Everything was very smooth, and every email was promptly responded to. Overall great experience. I went into it without too many expectations and they really sold me. I felt very comfortable, and now I'm excited to work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some pretty in depth questions about a coding project I had previously done. I basically walked them through the whole process of my own thought process and development of the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't given too much time to make my decision on the offer. I was able to extend it out to a week.

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume through their website, a recruiter reached out to me and had a standard phone screening. Afterwards I talked to a HRBP about the job and gained a more in-depth understanding.

After the initial phone screenings I had six 1:1 interviews with the HR team. Questions varied, depending on what the interviewers viewed as important to succeed on the job. There was a fair bit of behavioral questions that seemed to be aimed at finding out how I would prioritize different things on the job. There was also some questions aimed at finding out if I had any knowledge about HR in general.

After the interview I followed up with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Explain reasonable accommodation in regards to the ADA.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Within my range as for as dollar amount went. They have a great deal of benefits that are worth it.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was on the phone. Standard questions were asked about my interests, background, and experiences. The in person interviews were pretty similar. I met with four different people who asked how my background applied to the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What's a strength that you posses that isn't on your resume?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Waiting to hear back..

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was extremely unprofessional. I had to reschedule my first screening interview two times because I did not get a call at the scheduled time and they did show any respect for my time by notifying me of this in advance. On the third time, I finally got a call and had a basic screening interview to go over my experience. Got a second interview with someone on the team I would be on and went over some more stuff about my experience and they asked me a few conceptual programming questions and stuff about their advertising system. Thought it went well, but then I heard that they were not continuing the process. Was a pretty poorly organized process and would not recommend to other people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a MediaMatch recruiter via LinkedIn and we quickly scheduled a phone interview with a team lead. The phone interview was pretty normal, although maybe slightly lighter on heavy technology compared to other technology companies.

I had an in-person interview soon after and generally enjoyed myself and had great conversations with the interviewers. I met with 4 different interviewers and the internal recruiter and the interview took roughly 3 hours.

Everyone was very polite and made sure I was comfortable and well hydrated. Thanks!

However, I then heard nothing from the company afterwards. Not a yes, or a no. No feedback, no "thanks, but no thanks". Not even after I emailed the company to ask for an update.

I understand that some people don't want to deal with delivering bad news and find it uncomfortable, but come'on...you must be rejecting more people than you extend offers to, so you should have had plenty of practice with it. I personally find it extremely rude and inappropriate not to have the decency of letting people who've spent hours talking to you know about your hiring decision. Reputations matter.