MediaMath

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at MediaMath.

The first interview was on the phone. Standard questions were asked about my interests, background, and experiences. The in person interviews were pretty similar. I met with four different people who asked how my background applied to the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • What's a strength that you posses that isn't on your resume?   View Answer
    Waiting to hear back..

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in November 2014.

After submitting my resume through their website, a recruiter reached out to me and had a standard phone screening. Afterwards I talked to a HRBP about the job and gained a more in-depth understanding.

After the initial phone screenings I had six 1:1 interviews with the HR team. Questions varied, depending on what the interviewers viewed as important to succeed on the job. There was a fair bit of behavioral questions that seemed to be aimed at finding out how I would prioritize different things on the job. There was also some questions aimed at finding out if I had any knowledge about HR in general.

After the interview I followed up with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Explain reasonable accommodation in regards to the ADA.   View Answer
    Within my range as for as dollar amount went. They have a great deal of benefits that are worth it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MediaMath.

I was contacted by a MediaMatch recruiter via LinkedIn and we quickly scheduled a phone interview with a team lead. The phone interview was pretty normal, although maybe slightly lighter on heavy technology compared to other technology companies.

I had an in-person interview soon after and generally enjoyed myself and had great conversations with the interviewers. I met with 4 different interviewers and the internal recruiter and the interview took roughly 3 hours.

Everyone was very polite and made sure I was comfortable and well hydrated. Thanks!

However, I then heard nothing from the company afterwards. Not a yes, or a no. No feedback, no "thanks, but no thanks". Not even after I emailed the company to ask for an update.

I understand that some people don't want to deal with delivering bad news and find it uncomfortable, but come'on...you must be rejecting more people than you extend offers to, so you should have had plenty of practice with it. I personally find it extremely rude and inappropriate not to have the decency of letting people who've spent hours talking to you know about your hiring decision. Reputations matter.

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in September 2014.

Two-step Phone Interview Process- first with HR Recruiter, then with Human Resources Business Partner; very long interview; required lots and lots of details about job processes and day-to-day tasks. Be overly prepared with questions. Very focused on detail-orientated taks, skills you used in the task, and lots of details!

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the tools/tactics when presented with a new project?   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MediaMath.

What makes MediaMath unique? How can you compare MediaMath to its competitors? Why do you want to work here? How would you approach your territory? What knowledge/expertise do you bring to Sales? Need to make sure how individual responds to independent environment and tackles challenging situations especially if you're not that familiar with Ad Tech.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please pitch MediaMath's TerminalOne Platform?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Api Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MediaMath.

Standard coding questions and brain teasers, nothing special.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in January 2014.

I had two interviews, since I met my would-be boss outside of the workplace, I didn't have to go through the screening phase.

Each interview lasted about an hour and half to two hours, where I met numerous people. The questions were thoughtful, no sugar coating the responsibilities, and everyone was honest. I really like in a team. Everyone I met with was really respectful and smart as well.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was probably surrounding the ad tech industry and what I knew about it.   View Answer
    I was able to bump up my salary a bit after looking over the benefits package once an offer was extended to me. I didn't get all I asked for, but they met me halfway.

Technical Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath.

After applied through the website, got an email back to set up a phone interview. It went about 20-30 minutes. I don't exactly remember the exact questions, but there were few.
    - What quality of yours or personal trait matters the most in your career at MediaMath?
    - Why do you want to work for MediaMath?

Core QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MediaMath in October 2013.

HR screen, phone interview, on-site interview with people from different QA teams (UI, API and Core)

Platform Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MediaMath in December 2012.

Process started with a phone interview from my would-be boss. All pretty standard questions about my background, what made me interested in the job, etc. Ended with a 30-second pitch for hiring yourself.

The next round was an in-person interview at the company hq. It was 4 half-hour interviews with different members of the staff. Everyone was very friendly and nice. The first was a tech guy and asked technical questions, the second was project management, third was the would-be boss, and last was one of the company's founders.

HR told me they would get back to me a few days later and that there was one more round. They got back in two days

Interview Questions
    • There are a few very broad questions, so be prepared to with specific examples for everything listed as a skill needed.   Answer Question