MediaNews

3.3

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MediaNews.

I could spell avocado in the beginning, pass a math quiz and spelling.

I started with the minimum wage benefits and vacations from a week up to five plus I had a large amount of sick leave built up.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MediaNews.

Their best hires are talented and amiable, so be both. References mean a lot. They've hired both cub reporters and experienced editors during my time there. The interview is friendly, professional, between colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • It's all standard, no malarky, no psychological stuff. You show them your work or experience and references, and   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary, that was made clear, but hold out for more vacation time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MediaNews.

I started as an intern for one of the group's small daily newspapers. After the front-desk person left, they asked if I wanted the position. In. Easy as cake. Intern!

Account Executive Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MediaNews in August 2008.

The overall interview process was pretty intense. It took 6 months to finally get an interview. Once I did I met with the Sales Mgr first, then VP of Advertising and finally the Publisher, all in about 2 hours. This is a tough cookie to crack, especially one with zero advertising experience! Needless to say, the interview was extremely difficult. I APPRECIATE THE PROCESS AND LOOK BACK ON IT WITH A GREAT SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you faced a challenge in your past employment and how did you handle it?   View Answer