MediaTek Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at MediaTek in January 2014.

mostly from resume. interviewer had qns about published papers in conferences . some basic design qns as well.

Interview Questions
    • why did you quit your job ? i quit my job and was my personal decision . interviewer was too curious to know why what etc. Seemed he was more upset more than me and worried i quit my job after 10 years. I told him i just needed a change and i already have a offer. It did not make him happy still.   View Answer

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MediaTek in May 2013.

Submitted the resume on the website. Got email after about 1 month.
    The interview was at Taiwan but I was at U.S so we had a phone interview.

Two people were interviewing with me. They asked very detail part about my project, which is wireless network simulation. No other technical questions involved.
    The interview also talked about the major tasks you may need to do if admitted.
    They are the department doing research and simulation in 4G networks.

I thought I answered pretty well, but however I had not been contacted after 3 weeks.
    And then I emailed the person and after 1 day I got the reject...

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the project to very detail. They will discuss and even find out something you can improve. Brilliant.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at MediaTek in April 2010.

They did 1:1 Interview for hiring an intern this summer. They asked me about VLSI, c/c++, and computer architecture. They were not asking for very specific knowledge in those field but broad and basic knowledge. Also, they asked me about "what do you want to be in future, and what is your dream job." The interview took about 45 minutes. It wasn't very tough interview.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate since this position was just an internship.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a year or more - interviewed at MediaTek in October 2008.

consisted of a phone interview - mostly based on resume
    onsite 6 1:1 interviews , technical questions on low power rtl design , timing and design on paper

Hardware Engineering Contract Position Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at MediaTek in August 2009.

The interview was not well organized, I just met with the manager hiring for the position and he couldn't find his list of questions to ask. When he did, he just had two questions, both technical problems he wanted me to solve.

Interview Questions
    • He had a diagram of a simple CPU with instruction memory and data memory, and a number of instructions in the instruction memory. He said there was a bug in one of the interconnects, either one of the pins is hooked up wrong, tied to 1, tied to 0, etc. He had me go through and debug by stepping through each instruction to find out where the problem was.   View Answer

Graphics Engine Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MediaTek in July 2014.

Hiring manager was decent and gave me a nice overview of the company and most importantly the graphics team he is supervising. Phone screening, followed-up by a 4-piece coding test

Interview Questions
    • The second part was about a "different" address book for a "novel" graphical app design
      They are looking for innovative thinking, clearly communicated although their description is vague and they didn't take the time to constrain the problem.

Judge for yourself:
      Present an overview, as if to a marketing manager
      The requirement is to come up with an innovative ‘contacts’ app, visually different to the ordinary ‘flat list’
      - If the functionality is innovative too, so much the better
      - No constraints...
        Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MediaTek in June 2014.

hiring process starts with a written exam in our college.they select 15 students out of 70,after this they call us for f2f discussion .f2f discussion has two parts first one is technical and second is H.R. round.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me are you happy today and then why ? this question leads to 15 min discussion in my interview   Answer Question

IC Design Engineerng Interview

lots of professional question, especially on our thesis or dissertation. Be sure that you familiar with every detail about your presentation. Also, some interviewer likes to ask basic question, which we take it for granted or never think it deeply. All in all, the fundamental skill and theory of circuit design are the key to pass the interview.

Interview Questions
    • sometimes, they would ask about the real implementation issue which we never thought about it in school, but it is fine for whom just graduated interviewee.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MediaTek.

3 Rounds of Technical followed by 2 rounds of interview by Company Director and Senior HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hsinchu (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MediaTek in October 2010.

1) Prepare your resume.
    2) Internal referral by anyone inside MTK.
    3) if you are initially accepted, HR or potential managers might call you to confirm your background and your preference about work positions.
    4) HR will arrange one or a few interviews for you and all managers who are interested.
    5) If you are accepted by the hiring manager, then there might be another interview with the director.
    6) if you are also accepted by the director, then the offer letter will reach you in 1~2 weeks.
    7) Your manager will contact you then discuss the on-board date with you.

Interview Questions

Worked for MediaTek? Contribute to the Community!