MediaTek

Relevance Date Difficulty

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Physical Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MediaTek in January 2014.

Interview Details – mostly from resume. interviewer had qns about published papers in conferences . some basic design qns as well.

Interview Question – why did you quit your job ? i quit my job and was my personal decision . interviewer was too curious to know why what etc. Seemed he was more upset more than me and worried i quit my job after 10 years. I told him i just needed a change and i already have a offer. It did not make him happy still.   View Answer

Communications Protocol Software Engineer Intern Interview

Communications Protocol Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MediaTek in May 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted the resume on the website. Got email after about 1 month.
The interview was at Taiwan but I was at U.S so we had a phone interview.

Two people were interviewing with me. They asked very detail part about my project, which is wireless network simulation. No other technical questions involved.
The interview also talked about the major tasks you may need to do if admitted.
They are the department doing research and simulation in 4G networks.

I thought I answered pretty well, but however I had not been contacted after 3 weeks.
And then I emailed the person and after 1 day I got the reject...

Interview Question – Asked about the project to very detail. They will discuss and even find out something you can improve. Brilliant.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MediaTek in April 2010.

Interview Details – They did 1:1 Interview for hiring an intern this summer. They asked me about VLSI, c/c++, and computer architecture. They were not asking for very specific knowledge in those field but broad and basic knowledge. Also, they asked me about "what do you want to be in future, and what is your dream job." The interview took about 45 minutes. It wasn't very tough interview.

Interview Question – What is superscalar?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate since this position was just an internship.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Digital Design Engineer
Woburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a year or more - interviewed at MediaTek in October 2008.

Interview Details – consisted of a phone interview - mostly based on resume
onsite 6 1:1 interviews , technical questions on low power rtl design , timing and design on paper

Interview Question – LFSR and how it works   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Contract Position Interview

Hardware Engineering Contract Position
Woburn, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MediaTek in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was not well organized, I just met with the manager hiring for the position and he couldn't find his list of questions to ask. When he did, he just had two questions, both technical problems he wanted me to solve.

Interview Question – He had a diagram of a simple CPU with instruction memory and data memory, and a number of instructions in the instruction memory. He said there was a bug in one of the interconnects, either one of the pins is hooked up wrong, tied to 1, tied to 0, etc. He had me go through and debug by stepping through each instruction to find out where the problem was.   View Answer

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Software Systems Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MediaTek in June 2014.

Interview Details – hiring process starts with a written exam in our college.they select 15 students out of 70,after this they call us for f2f discussion .f2f discussion has two parts first one is technical and second is H.R. round.

Interview Question – they asked me are you happy today and then why ? this question leads to 15 min discussion in my interview   Answer Question

IC Design Engineerng Interview

IC Design Engineerng

Interviewed at MediaTek

Interview Details – lots of professional question, especially on our thesis or dissertation. Be sure that you familiar with every detail about your presentation. Also, some interviewer likes to ask basic question, which we take it for granted or never think it deeply. All in all, the fundamental skill and theory of circuit design are the key to pass the interview.

Interview Question – sometimes, they would ask about the real implementation issue which we never thought about it in school, but it is fine for whom just graduated interviewee.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MediaTek.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds of Technical followed by 2 rounds of interview by Company Director and Senior HR

Interview Question – Testing methodologies   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MediaTek in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1) Prepare your resume.
2) Internal referral by anyone inside MTK.
3) if you are initially accepted, HR or potential managers might call you to confirm your background and your preference about work positions.
4) HR will arrange one or a few interviews for you and all managers who are interested.
5) If you are accepted by the hiring manager, then there might be another interview with the director.
6) if you are also accepted by the director, then the offer letter will reach you in 1~2 weeks.
7) Your manager will contact you then discuss the on-board date with you.

Interview Question – brain-storming questions   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

Interviewed at MediaTek

Interview Details – It was all about the challenges faced in the previous job. It was more of a discussion than a grilling technical interview.

Interview Question – No such questions were asked   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MediaTek? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MediaTek interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by MediaTek employees and interview candidates.