MediaTek

3.1

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MediaTek in August 2014.

Two phone interviews, one with the manager and one with a senior member. Each one lasts for one hour or more. Then I got the opportunity of an on-site interview. I gave a presentation (1.5 hours) followed by several individual interviews with the members in the team. Each individual interview is 30 to 45 minutes. Lastly, I had a final interview talk with the manager as wrap up.

Interview Questions
    • One probability question and one digital signal processing question.   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MediaTek in January 2014.

mostly from resume. interviewer had qns about published papers in conferences . some basic design qns as well.

Interview Questions
    • why did you quit your job ? i quit my job and was my personal decision . interviewer was too curious to know why what etc. Seemed he was more upset more than me and worried i quit my job after 10 years. I told him i just needed a change and i already have a offer. It did not make him happy still.   View Answer

Communications Protocol Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MediaTek in May 2013.

Submitted the resume on the website. Got email after about 1 month.
    The interview was at Taiwan but I was at U.S so we had a phone interview.

Two people were interviewing with me. They asked very detail part about my project, which is wireless network simulation. No other technical questions involved.
    The interview also talked about the major tasks you may need to do if admitted.
    They are the department doing research and simulation in 4G networks.

I thought I answered pretty well, but however I had not been contacted after 3 weeks.
    And then I emailed the person and after 1 day I got the reject...

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the project to very detail. They will discuss and even find out something you can improve. Brilliant.   Answer Question

Digital Signal Processing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MediaTek in May 2011.

I applied online. After a few weeks, I got an email from a recruiter saying that they would like to set up an interview with me and asking my weekly available time. They gave me a very prompt reply after I told them my available time (about 15 mins only). The interview was scheduled two weeks latter. They asked me some technical questions about algorithms and communication theory. After that, they asked me some of my previous projects on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • (1) Please explain what is quick sort and its implementation
      (2) What does modulation and demodulation work in FM? How to improve them?
      (3) Please name a few applications of linked list and their pros and cons.

Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MediaTek in April 2010.

They did 1:1 Interview for hiring an intern this summer. They asked me about VLSI, c/c++, and computer architecture. They were not asking for very specific knowledge in those field but broad and basic knowledge. Also, they asked me about "what do you want to be in future, and what is your dream job." The interview took about 45 minutes. It wasn't very tough interview.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate since this position was just an internship.

Hardware Engineering Contract Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MediaTek in August 2009.

The interview was not well organized, I just met with the manager hiring for the position and he couldn't find his list of questions to ask. When he did, he just had two questions, both technical problems he wanted me to solve.

Interview Questions
    • He had a diagram of a simple CPU with instruction memory and data memory, and a number of instructions in the instruction memory. He said there was a bug in one of the interconnects, either one of the pins is hooked up wrong, tied to 1, tied to 0, etc. He had me go through and debug by stepping through each instruction to find out where the problem was.   View Answer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at MediaTek in October 2008.

consisted of a phone interview - mostly based on resume
    onsite 6 1:1 interviews , technical questions on low power rtl design , timing and design on paper

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MediaTek in December 2014.

I applied through college.1 Aptitude+Technical test.Easy questions.Mainly C programming questions.Find O/P of program etc simple questions,then 2 round of technical interview and 1 HR round.Technical rounds were mainly about basic C questions,Memory layout of C program,Linked List etc.and your project.They also ask question from Wireless and Hardware field depending on your coursework

Interview Questions
    • They are very perticular about "why mediatek ?".I wasn't knowing about this company in detail.So I got stumped.   Answer Question

IC Design Engineerng Interview

lots of professional question, especially on our thesis or dissertation. Be sure that you familiar with every detail about your presentation. Also, some interviewer likes to ask basic question, which we take it for granted or never think it deeply. All in all, the fundamental skill and theory of circuit design are the key to pass the interview.

Interview Questions
    • sometimes, they would ask about the real implementation issue which we never thought about it in school, but it is fine for whom just graduated interviewee.   Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MediaTek in June 2014.

hiring process starts with a written exam in our college.they select 15 students out of 70,after this they call us for f2f discussion .f2f discussion has two parts first one is technical and second is H.R. round.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me are you happy today and then why ? this question leads to 15 min discussion in my interview   Answer Question