Mediacom Communications Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
27 interviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Met with an HR associate then the hiring manager. I did not feel like I was qualified for the position so I'm not sure why they contacted me for an interview. Everyone there was very nice and the building was nice as well. The position seemed to pay well based on experience. Did not hear back from them

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

The process began with a recruiter contacting me in regards to my resume he mined online. After a short discussion on the phone regarding the role I was asked to formally fill out an application from the link he would email me and I would then have a conversation with another recruiter in the following week.

Within two days a recruiter contacted me. Her first question was about my MBA schooling, which was in progress, when I would be complete, and where I hoped to be in 10-years. Then I was asked about my resume, success, failures, how I lead a team, and why I would be a solid fit. Normal questions, nothing performance-based oddly enough. She went over benefits and salary high overview just to gauge my interest. Salary plus commission.

The next day a face-to-face was set up with the person who would be my direct manager. We again spoke about my resume, successes, failures, my leadership philosophy, why I chose the schools I did for my undergrad and graduate work, and my timeline for employment. Great conversation of about an hour.

Following was a phone interview with the regional VP who again outlined the role, how I would fit, what his expectations were, and the current state of the market. The call was short, about 30-minutes, as he had a meeting, but informed me he wanted to move forward and I would speak with the Senior Manager of HR.

A time was set for our call two days away. She was prompt in her call. She informed me of her role with the company, told me how she has been in recruitment for ore than 20-years, and has been with Mediacom for 14 years. She also said the job is “not rocket science,” and they were looking for people with the best “character traits” for the role. When she asked why I left my previous role with no job lined up and a family to provide for, she questioned my judgment and character stating, “in my experience most NORMAL people …” Insulting. She then asked, “if I had won the lottery or something.” I informed her my financial situation was not relevant, however I would not put my family into a difficult situation. I further explained I wanted to devote 100% of my time to finding the best fit for me, not just a few hours at night. After we went back and forth about my decision to leave my other job, she said, “We will just have to agree to disagree.” She told me she has a history of “ticking candidates off,” and she seemed proud of it as she mentioned it several times. Horrible experience.

She asked for a few professional references, I asked her what kind of a leader they were looking for, and admired he passion for looking after the best interests of the company, and we hung up.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning my decision to leave my previous role and comparing my decisions to what she feels, in her opinion, are "what normal people do," is insulting.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

A little disorganized, but useful and informative about the company. I also felt that they allowed me to give a very good representation of myself and my skill set. My main concern was the time they required to reply at every stage of the interview.

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mount Vernon, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in June 2014.

Had my Interview this morning... real know how long it will take for them decide. Hoping its quick really like what he had to say. I know i can do all there training and classes even get a Class E licence. I hope this process is quick because if its to much longer i will have to find other employment.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sun City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun City, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in May 2013.

On boarding was normal. My supervisor did not have my company phone, my number or cards ready so I used my personal phone. Months later there was a useless 3 day sales training program. They never explain in writing all the ways they will take your commissions from you.

Interview Questions
    • Why is this company even in business in California? They are getting creamed by the competition. Local management has expressed surprise that they still have a job. They have very low customer penetration and most prospective customers hate them and will never come back.   View Answer
    There is no negotiating. All cookie cutter.

Direct Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in November 2013.

The interview was very short but professional. It took only a few days for me to get hired and I was very happy about that. There is also some computer work to do and a drug screening.

No negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Started with a phone screening interview with HR; then phone interview with hiring manager; flew to regional office for multiple face to face interviews [took approximately 5-6 hours] ; then finally to corporate office for about 10 hours of interviews - both individual and group interviews across multiple function groups.

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in January 2010.

You have to pass the test before you can even get through the interview process. The interview its very laid back. Make sure you dress well. Most of the question will be exampled based like describe how you multitasked or a selling example. The rest will be questions about your resume

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in June 2013.

Received an email from HR stating that they were interested in hearing about me. Set up a phone interview with HR and they asked basic background questions about my life, education, and work history. This led to an onsite interview with an HR recruiter and three accounting managers. Next step was another onsite interview with an accounting VP, accounting Senior VP, and the head managers of HR. Offered position if all goes well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Not Difficult

Zero negotiation

Worked for Mediacom Communications? Contribute to the Community!