Mediacom Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.6

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mediacom Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with different people than prepared for and it seemed like they weren't prepared to interview me. I Liked the people I spoke with, they were relatable and interested in what I had to say. Never heard back from them after the in person interview.

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview

I first applied to the job at mediacom via their website. I was called in for an interview. I was interviewed by two women. They made me feel comfortable. Over all it was not an intimidating experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later I received a phone call from the HR Director for the region in which I was applying. The HR Director wanted to schedule a phone interview with me, it was 2 days later. The Director called on-time for the phone interview and advised would be conferencing in a Recruiter from another location, they would take turn asking me questions. The phone screening lasted about 45 minutes and it was pretty tough. The first question they asked was what did I know about their company, after that it was all behavioral based questions related to Human Resources. Towards the end of the interview the Director said would probably be in the city where this job was available/where I live in two weeks and wanted to know if I had open availability to meet if I was selected for an interview - would not say for sure one way or the other if I would in fact be getting a face to face interview. I asked at this time what the hiring steps are for working at Mediacom and was informed after the phone interview would come a face to face interview with HR Director, then an interview with the 3 different Operations Managesr at the 3 locations the HRM job I was being considered for would work with regularly, after those 3 meetings there would be most likely a video conference with someone in another office and possibly after that flying to Iowa to meet with the VP. A week later the HR Director called to ask me to meet with the following week at the local office. My interview with the HRD at the local office lasted about 50 minutes and then I was taken to a conference room where a video interview with the recruiter who initially conferenced in on my phone interview was waiting to talk to me for about 45 more minutes. Both interviews that day were mostly repeating questions from my phone interview with a few additional behavioral questions pertaining to HR. As the HRD was walking me out of the building the HRD said (apparently) I needed to meet with the Operations Manager for that location after the video conference but he/she was unavailable so I was told I would have to come back for that and also do another video interview at that time/another day. I didn't make it to the next step in the process to share any more specifics. They seem like a great company to work for but their interview process is extremely in-depth and takes a long time.

Interview Questions

• At the end of my interview the Recruiter said I'm going to tell you the reasons/opinions why I think you aren't qualified for this position, then I'm going to give you the opportunity to tell me why you think I'm wrong. This was an extremely difficult thing to respond to because A) the Recruiter is telling you all the things they think are wrong with you and why you won't be able to do the job which can be uncomfortable and B) because it's based upon this interviewers opinions and personal experiences not facts. You don't know the interviewer well enough to know what you can say to definitely persuade them and you have absolutely no time to think about your response because they expect an answer right away.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Interview

This company is a little like fort knox to get into. There were 5 people I needed to interview with before being offered a position. I had been working there on a temp assignment so it was slightly easier for me seeing as though I had interactions with most of the interviewees prior. The whole process, aside from being lengthy, was pretty standard and simple.

Interview Questions

• can't think of anything that was unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't one. It was a flat rate with no negotiations

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Met with an HR associate then the hiring manager. I did not feel like I was qualified for the position so I'm not sure why they contacted me for an interview. Everyone there was very nice and the building was nice as well. The position seemed to pay well based on experience. Did not hear back from them

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mediacom Communications (Columbia, MO).

Interview

The process began with a recruiter contacting me in regards to my resume he mined online. After a short discussion on the phone regarding the role I was asked to formally fill out an application from the link he would email me and I would then have a conversation with another recruiter in the following week.

Within two days a recruiter contacted me. Her first question was about my MBA schooling, which was in progress, when I would be complete, and where I hoped to be in 10-years. Then I was asked about my resume, success, failures, how I lead a team, and why I would be a solid fit. Normal questions, nothing performance-based oddly enough. She went over benefits and salary high overview just to gauge my interest. Salary plus commission.

The next day a face-to-face was set up with the person who would be my direct manager. We again spoke about my resume, successes, failures, my leadership philosophy, why I chose the schools I did for my undergrad and graduate work, and my timeline for employment. Great conversation of about an hour.

Following was a phone interview with the regional VP who again outlined the role, how I would fit, what his expectations were, and the current state of the market. The call was short, about 30-minutes, as he had a meeting, but informed me he wanted to move forward and I would speak with the Senior Manager of HR.

A time was set for our call two days away. She was prompt in her call. She informed me of her role with the company, told me how she has been in recruitment for ore than 20-years, and has been with Mediacom for 14 years. She also said the job is “not rocket science,” and they were looking for people with the best “character traits” for the role. When she asked why I left my previous role with no job lined up and a family to provide for, she questioned my judgment and character stating, “in my experience most NORMAL people …” Insulting. She then asked, “if I had won the lottery or something.” I informed her my financial situation was not relevant, however I would not put my family into a difficult situation. I further explained I wanted to devote 100% of my time to finding the best fit for me, not just a few hours at night. After we went back and forth about my decision to leave my other job, she said, “We will just have to agree to disagree.” She told me she has a history of “ticking candidates off,” and she seemed proud of it as she mentioned it several times. Horrible experience.

She asked for a few professional references, I asked her what kind of a leader they were looking for, and admired he passion for looking after the best interests of the company, and we hung up.

Interview Questions

• Questioning my decision to leave my previous role and comparing my decisions to what she feels, in her opinion, are "what normal people do," is insulting.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

A little disorganized, but useful and informative about the company. I also felt that they allowed me to give a very good representation of myself and my skill set. My main concern was the time they required to reply at every stage of the interview.

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Mount Vernon, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Had my Interview this morning... real know how long it will take for them decide. Hoping its quick really like what he had to say. I know i can do all there training and classes even get a Class E licence. I hope this process is quick because if its to much longer i will have to find other employment.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview

Started with a phone screening interview with HR; then phone interview with hiring manager; flew to regional office for multiple face to face interviews [took approximately 5-6 hours] ; then finally to corporate office for about 10 hours of interviews - both individual and group interviews across multiple function groups.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mediacom Communications (Davenport, IA).

Interview

Not Difficult

Negotiation

Zero negotiation