Mediacom Communications

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Davenport, IA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview Details – Not Difficult

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation

Media Planner Interview

Media Planner
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in June 2011.

Interview Details – The application and interview process was very easy and informative. Everyone was very helpful along the way and open to answer my questions. I found the a lot of things about the account and the team gave me very honest and useful answers about working there.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging project you were required to do in you previous job.   Answer Question

Installer Interview

Hutchinson, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in July 2013.

Interview Details – Call, call back, face to face interview where they lie to your face continually.

Interview Question – We start off paying 11.25 per hour, is this ok with you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate the salary but to no avail.

Customer Service Representative
Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone call and had a phone interview, then took computer tests and had an interview with one of the supervisors.

Interview Question – General questions. Why do you want to work for this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered my a starting wage based on my experience. I took it.

Installer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview Details – Talked on phone, went in for interview with 3 poeple.

Interview Question – non they wehre all abvois and easy   Answer Question

Install Technician Interview

Install Technician
Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview Details – HR will call and ask a few questions and set up an appt with your local office for an interview. After initial interview, you'll get a meeting with an HR person for all required paperwork. Afterwards they run a background check which could take weeks.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. Either you take their offer or you don't.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview Details – Long process with many interviews. Offer presented via fed ex. Offered a higher salary than requested.

Interview Question – All questions were typical sales related and telecom questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very short

Customer Service Representative
Valdosta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mediacom Communications.

Interview Details – i applied online and i had forgotten that i had applied to the company when i got a call for an interview a month or two later. i went into the office and took an assessment which assessed my customer service and typing skills. i passed that test and went to a face to face interview with two of my soon to be direct supervisors. they asked typical interview questions, nothing that was too hard. the usual, tell me about a situation where you had to please a dissatisfied customer, what is your definition of excellent customer service, how quickly do you learn and adapt in a new work environment etc. i answered every question openly and honestly and the supervisors were impressed with my answers

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase

Summer Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email invitation for a webcam interview several days later. Not a hard one. Only 5 questions. Got feedback three weeks later.

Interview Questions

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Chillicothe, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mediacom Communications in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and they contacted me right away to set up a phone interview. The phone interview I thought was fairly easy. The questions they asked were you're typical interview questions. Behavioral questions were asked also. After the phone interview, I went ahead and sent a "thank-you for your time" e-mail and stated that I was really interested in the position. After a month, I lost all hope. I was surprised they called me back and set up a face to face interview. For the face to face interview I as interviewed by the HR person and also the Marketing Manager. The interview was pretty laid back. They both seemed nice. The questions were mostly behavioral and also explaining in detail about my resume. The only negative part about the interview was when I explained exactly what I was looking for and thought that this position was great. Then the Marketing Manager asked if I had experience in sales. I stated that I do have experience in sales but would not want to be in sales as a career. I as under the impression that this Marketing Coordinator position was strictly based around advertising for the company. That was not the case. The position was basically a traveling sales person who goes around to small town and chat up the company. A true SALESPERSON. The interview lasted an hour. I made sure to contact both with an e-mail. I waited and waited for contact from the HR person. But was never contacted. Obviously I didn't get the position. But would have still liked an e-mail or phone call. My advice is make sure to ask a lot of questions during the first interview to make sure the position is exactly what you are looking for.

Interview Question – Tell my about the organization you were in and what role you played?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mediacom Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mediacom Communications interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mediacom Communications employees and interview candidates.