Mediacorp Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mediacorp.

Was only asked to introduce myself and give details about the things I did in school. Then was told to write a short commentary about recent entertainment news, and return the commentary back to the interviewers by the next working day. I think this was to check if I was up-to-date with entertainment news.

Trailer Producer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mediacorp in July 2014.

Wasn't bad at all. The interviewers asked a bunch of fairly radical questions that seemed to make sense by the end when they tied them all up.

I guess the only sore point was that if they were thinking of me as a potential candidate for the job I'd have to travel at my own expense. It - however - wouldn't have been a bad deal personally. It's just not what a lot of others would expect.

Interview Questions
    • The most radical question was if I was in a relationship. This made sense for a person who would be looking to hire a candidate from outside the country.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mediacorp.

- since its contact base as long as you have done similar work and you meet the language requirements generally people who apply get the job. There is always high turn-over so many open positions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing big. Just questions such as why and if why do you think you suit the job.   Answer Question
    They are very tight on their salary offer and their base even for bachelors starts at about $2300. Would recommend for people right out of polytechnic and want to learn with the job and grow.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mediacorp.

Easy as hiring manager seems to want to quickly get it done and over with.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mediacorp in September 2013.

There are so many levels of interviewing process, first time, required me to travel to Singapore, second and third through skype. Been interviewed by so many people at one time. First time, 2 interviewers, second time 4-5 people, 3rd time, 2 people. Fourth time required me to travel to Singapore again but i paid all the travelling expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us what situation you have faced in your job which requires your problem solving skill and how do you solved it.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mediacorp in July 2013.

Slow hiring process/2 rounds of interview. They first called me to arrange for an interview 3 weeks in advance. I went for the interview last week and called the HR at the end of the week to enquire about the outcome of the interview as I had another job offer. HR said they usually take 2 weeks to get back to you! But they agreed to help me check. I just got a call today for a second interview but I've alrdy accepted another job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest challenge you face during your time as a relief teacher?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mediacorp in July 2010.

HR responded to my online application with an interview date. Did a report test and proceeded into 1:1 interview with Executive Editor. Was asked on my interest in media career. Left but wrote a thank you email. Received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • A test on current news and how you would write it and what visuals you would use.   View Answers (2)
    Offer was better than I had so no negotiation

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mediacorp in April 2010.

Had 2 rounds of interview. 1st was with the SVP, Snr Acc Dir and the HR Manager.

They asked industry specific qns because I was from the same field.

I prepared by studying on the company history, values and the relevant questions that I can ask them.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you want to leave your previous job if you have been doing well   View Answer
    Stand firm on your package.

Be reasonable. A guide is to increase 15% of your last drawn salary.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mediacorp in January 2010.

The interview and hiring process were fairly straightforward. I wrote to the company and asked whether or not there were any positions vacant in the news department, which was followed up by an e-mail from the HR team. As I was living elsewhere at the time of applying, I spoke over the phone with the head of Human Resources who then told me I would have to undergo a written test over the internet before they would determine my suitability. The test was quite straightforward for someone who had spent 4 years working at a news station, although I did think it was quite long given the time allocated for the test.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think there was anything out of the ordinary/ anything asked a broadcast journalist shouldn't know already.   Answer Question
    I spoke over the phone with the HR head to discuss remuneration. We could not agree on the figure at first and I then got a call from the Managing Director, who offered slightly improved terms. I was disappointed they weren't able to match my salary at the time, but I was prepared to accept the job for various other professional reasons. In hindsight, it was the right decision. I did feel though that the company could have provided more support for an oversea-hire. There should have been transport/ short term accommodation provided, I felt.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mediacorp in September 2009.

I was referred to work at MediaCorp through a friend. Initially I was called to meet with HR and my direct manager. Following this I sat a test on my knowledge of current affairs (you will be asked to write a script on the issue), followed by another panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • The test is pretty straight forward, it asks you current issues in the news, so as long as you know what is going on you should be fine. Questions in the interview are standard.. where you see yourself in 5 years time, name a challenge and how you have overcome it...   View Answer