Mediacorp Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.7

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Lengthy-but it seems dependent on the hiring manager. Interview more to access chemistry between the hiring manager and employee.No phone screening, could be due to internal referral. Process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience What are the future career objectives   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mediacorp.

Interview

The interview was conducted between hiring manager and HR. Interview for Marketing Manager, but turns out that job is changed in the middle of interview. The hiring manager confirms her interest in me right away on the spot, even before HR does the background check and questioning. The offer letter only came 3 weeks later from HR. HR process is very slow. Please be careful on the job advertisement and asked before going for interview. In my case, the ad was not the same as the role being offered! Restructuring is an ongoing process. Do avoid this company if you can!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mediacorp.

Interview

Was only asked to introduce myself and give details about the things I did in school. Then was told to write a short commentary about recent entertainment news, and return the commentary back to the interviewers by the next working day. I think this was to check if I was up-to-date with entertainment news.

Trailer Producer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mediacorp in July 2014.

Interview

Wasn't bad at all. The interviewers asked a bunch of fairly radical questions that seemed to make sense by the end when they tied them all up. I guess the only sore point was that if they were thinking of me as a potential candidate for the job I'd have to travel at my own expense. It - however - wouldn't have been a bad deal personally. It's just not what a lot of others would expect.

Interview Questions

• The most radical question was if I was in a relationship. This made sense for a person who would be looking to hire a candidate from outside the country.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

- since its contact base as long as you have done similar work and you meet the language requirements generally people who apply get the job. There is always high turn-over so many open positions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing big. Just questions such as why and if why do you think you suit the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very tight on their salary offer and their base even for bachelors starts at about $2300. Would recommend for people right out of polytechnic and want to learn with the job and grow.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Easy as hiring manager seems to want to quickly get it done and over with.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2013.

Interview

There are so many levels of interviewing process, first time, required me to travel to Singapore, second and third through skype. Been interviewed by so many people at one time. First time, 2 interviewers, second time 4-5 people, 3rd time, 2 people. Fourth time required me to travel to Singapore again but i paid all the travelling expenses.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us what situation you have faced in your job which requires your problem solving skill and how do you solved it.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

Slow hiring process/2 rounds of interview. They first called me to arrange for an interview 3 weeks in advance. I went for the interview last week and called the HR at the end of the week to enquire about the outcome of the interview as I had another job offer. HR said they usually take 2 weeks to get back to you! But they agreed to help me check. I just got a call today for a second interview but I've alrdy accepted another job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you face during your time as a relief teacher?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview with generic questions, it was a relaxed atmosphere where interviewer was interested to find out more about my achievements, strengths, education background and past work experience.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2010.

Interview

HR responded to my online application with an interview date. Did a report test and proceeded into 1:1 interview with Executive Editor. Was asked on my interest in media career. Left but wrote a thank you email. Received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• A test on current news and how you would write it and what visuals you would use.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Offer was better than I had so no negotiation