Mediacorp

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mediacorp.

Interview Details – - since its contact base as long as you have done similar work and you meet the language requirements generally people who apply get the job. There is always high turn-over so many open positions.

Interview Question – Nothing big. Just questions such as why and if why do you think you suit the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very tight on their salary offer and their base even for bachelors starts at about $2300. Would recommend for people right out of polytechnic and want to learn with the job and grow.

Reporter Interview

Reporter
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mediacorp in July 2010.

Interview Details – HR responded to my online application with an interview date. Did a report test and proceeded into 1:1 interview with Executive Editor. Was asked on my interest in media career. Left but wrote a thank you email. Received an offer shortly after.

Interview Question – A test on current news and how you would write it and what visuals you would use.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was better than I had so no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Mediacorp.

Interview Details – Easy as hiring manager seems to want to quickly get it done and over with.

Interview Question – How do you see the media industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Senior Executive Interview

Senior Executive
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mediacorp in September 2013.

Interview Details – There are so many levels of interviewing process, first time, required me to travel to Singapore, second and third through skype. Been interviewed by so many people at one time. First time, 2 interviewers, second time 4-5 people, 3rd time, 2 people. Fourth time required me to travel to Singapore again but i paid all the travelling expenses.

Interview Question – Please tell us what situation you have faced in your job which requires your problem solving skill and how do you solved it.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Executive Interview

Senior Marketing Executive
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Mediacorp in July 2013.

Interview Details – Slow hiring process/2 rounds of interview. They first called me to arrange for an interview 3 weeks in advance. I went for the interview last week and called the HR at the end of the week to enquire about the outcome of the interview as I had another job offer. HR said they usually take 2 weeks to get back to you! But they agreed to help me check. I just got a call today for a second interview but I've alrdy accepted another job offer.

Interview Question – What was the biggest challenge you face during your time as a relief teacher?   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Senior Producer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Mediacorp in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process were fairly straightforward. I wrote to the company and asked whether or not there were any positions vacant in the news department, which was followed up by an e-mail from the HR team. As I was living elsewhere at the time of applying, I spoke over the phone with the head of Human Resources who then told me I would have to undergo a written test over the internet before they would determine my suitability. The test was quite straightforward for someone who had spent 4 years working at a news station, although I did think it was quite long given the time allocated for the test.

Interview Question – I didn't think there was anything out of the ordinary/ anything asked a broadcast journalist shouldn't know already.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I spoke over the phone with the HR head to discuss remuneration. We could not agree on the figure at first and I then got a call from the Managing Director, who offered slightly improved terms. I was disappointed they weren't able to match my salary at the time, but I was prepared to accept the job for various other professional reasons. In hindsight, it was the right decision. I did feel though that the company could have provided more support for an oversea-hire. There should have been transport/ short term accommodation provided, I felt.

Reporter Interview

Reporter
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Mediacorp in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred to work at MediaCorp through a friend. Initially I was called to meet with HR and my direct manager. Following this I sat a test on my knowledge of current affairs (you will be asked to write a script on the issue), followed by another panel interview.

Interview Question – The test is pretty straight forward, it asks you current issues in the news, so as long as you know what is going on you should be fine. Questions in the interview are standard.. where you see yourself in 5 years time, name a challenge and how you have overcome it...   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Producer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mediacorp in February 2009.

Interview Details – Two interviews. An initial interview where you have to take a test to prove your worth. Very archaic and insulting. Especially when you have a resume that is better than those that your interviewers have. Questions are more like an interrogation. They talk down to you. Not a discussion. They don't reveal much information. Poor professionalism. One interviewer checked texts on the phone during the interview. The second interview dealt more with salary.

Interview Question – Do you have the work ethic for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tough. Poor pay.

Senior Marketing Executive Interview

Senior Marketing Executive
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mediacorp in November 2008.

Interview Details – Very fast interview process, but depends on when you are applying and which department.

Interview Question – Questions were quite straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mediacorp in April 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of interview. 1st was with the SVP, Snr Acc Dir and the HR Manager.

They asked industry specific qns because I was from the same field.

I prepared by studying on the company history, values and the relevant questions that I can ask them.

Interview Question – Why did you want to leave your previous job if you have been doing well   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stand firm on your package.

Be reasonable. A guide is to increase 15% of your last drawn salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mediacorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mediacorp interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mediacorp employees and interview candidates.