Medialets

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Potential But Poor Ethics Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Medialets.

Interview Details – Like other reviews I saw on here, much of the same blah blah blah, they post the position on job boards while still making you believe they are interested in you. During the 4 month long process, 5 other recruiters unknowingly reached out to me about the role I thought I had a good shot of getting. When I made it to the end of the process, the COO asked engineering questions and described the role as being something very different than what I had been interviewing for the last 4 months. So if you want to wait out the grueling process and loose a few brain cells, I would recommend seeing it through. For a start-up they are stable, you can certainly learn a lot, they pay well, and have major clients in the space. They are giving Apple a run for their money. But losing when it comes to ethics and how they treat people.
On the downside, the office is a hot desk environment, the turnaround is really bad, the interview process is grueling and they have no respect for your time, they draw a gray line and break many laws when it comes to recruiting which can result in distortion of your application, and based on the ethics displayed in this process it does not feel like a good place to work.

Interview Question – Engineering questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was drained from the process, insulted by the lack of respect for my time, did not like the idea of them contacting former colleagues without my approval... law prohibits them from doing this, but they did anyway. They can only verify employment, they should only call references I provide. And I did not like the way they stringed me along and did not have the correct position indicated for the role they were hiring for.

Very Easy Interview

QA Position Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Medialets in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer had no questions for me whatsoever. There was a single question about my resume, and she asked me what I knew about the company. That was it. It could have been handled over the phone if that's all she had.

She also seemed impatient as soon as I walked into the door. She was rude throughout, including interrupting my answers before I had a chance to finish them.

I'm sure Medialets is a fine company, but I was glad that I didn't have to talk to her anymore when I left.

Interview Questions

AM Interview

New York, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Medialets in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was very excited about this opportunity, but as I got further into the interviewing process at Medialets I started getting second thoughts, and ultimately declined and additional rounds of interviews or next steps.

My first interview with the recruiter went in about three or four minutes before she started switching gears and wanted to talk to me about another position at the company that I had no knowledge of prior to arriving. I was a little taken back and felt that she might not have actually read my cover letter or resume and just at the moment decided to really read it over. I was sure I was not going to get a call back after that since I felt I might have came across not being a team player since I wasnt willing to do the other job, but I was actually scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring AM from the company and we spoke at great length about my experience and really connected. I was even comfortable enough to laugh off the unusual experience with the recruiter with her and explain that if there was any sign of "nervousness" it was because I was caught off guard.

I was then asked to come in for a third interview face to face with the AM, CFO, and a Developer. I felt like I did well, made my case, there was even the luxury of having experience working with two of their major partners AOL and Dynamic Logic. Regardless, it went well enough that they said they would get back to me in two weeks.

Two weeks went by and I was really anxious to know where things stood, however I waited three weeks since I didnt want to be over anxious. The recruiter said they were still in the hiring process so i waited six weeks before I reached out once more where she said again that they were still in the hiring phases and she would reach out to me once it was completed.

In between all this time I had seen the same ad republished online and felt that there were probably a few people who were feeling left in the dark as well. I had spoke to someone they reached out to, who they found on Linkedin, and she gave me a great review. However the recruiter told her she felt that I was "timid" during the interview where she had switched gears on me about what position she wanted me to interview for. I was kind of turned off by this because she didn't actually know the contact she actually interviewed her and declined her application as well (but apparently told her right away).

So in the end, I interview in August and it was getting to mid October (yes I knew I wasnt going to get it by then) and decided that since there was poor communication and that the recruiter expressed an opinion towards my colleague, I wrote Medialets and declined any further contact.

Interview Question – Would you maybe want to do this job instead?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Lack of communication and providing an unsolicited opinion on my interview performance to a colleague.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Medialets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medialets interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Medialets employees and interview candidates.