Mediaocean Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

2.8

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Got a call from recruiter in a day, then scheduled a technical phone interview about 3-4 days later. It covered basic java questions (Just google top java interview questions and read those).

Then got an invite to the Manhattan Office for an onsite interview. It involved a 1 hr test involving general java coding, then a technical interview involving basic java and sql fundamentals. Then met the director and discussed the position and work the team was into.

Got the offer next day. In all a very cool and calm interview process, I particularly enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Reverse linked list, Questions based on sql joins and aggregations.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked me to come for an interview in person, I was received by the team manager, who gave me an introduction to the company in addition to the role. We had a conversation about my experience and what I could bring to the team. The second interview was with another team member and we had more or less the same dynamic.

Associate Developer Interview

Interview

This was on campus placement drive. There was one written test of 30 questions consisting of quant, verbal, software engineering, os and was asked to find output of some programs. After this there were 3 face to face interviews. 2technical and 1HR. In the 1st technical interviews they mostly asked about the projects i have done in academics and some details abt it, and about some sorting algorithms also they asked about interests and hobbies. Then in the HR round some common questions were asked. Then it was followed by the 2nd technical round in which they mostly asked about the java concepts also asked to write some queries. The questions about java were mostly on threads, java reflection, executor service class, Object class, mutex and semaphores.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Java Developer (Mid - Senior Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. Total process (HR initial response to application --> Offer Letter) is 3 weeks.

Interview Process: Initial Telephonic Screen and In-Person Interview.
    Telephonic interview was easy with some basic questions on OOP concepts and regular core java interview questions. It was about 20 minutes.

Later on, they called me for an In-Person Interview.

Upon your arrival, HR will meet and asks you to take a test which is for 30 minutes. Test contains 7 questions and for 25 points. Six questions are on Java and One is for a SQL query (group by - having). Java questions are to optimize the code and to find errors.

After the test, I had to meet 3 people for 30 minutes each. It was technical, mostly on the recent projects/experience.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

First got a call from HR, not having applied, I believe they came across my resume through LinkedIn. After a half an hour or so call with HR, they asked me to come in where I met with her face to face along with three other hiring managers and then a phone interview the next week with the SVP of the Department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the original offer and did not negotiate...

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Meet with multiple teams and upper management, very long process.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions have become much more challenging, it depends on the industry but know your tech.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mediaocean (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 stage interview process
    1st Telephone Interview (QA manager)
    A 15/20 minute telephone interview

2nd Face to Face (QA Manager)
    A 45 minute face to face interview with the QA manager in the London office

3rd Telephone Interview (QA director)
    A telephone interview with QA director based in New York

Interview Questions

• Product team requires implementation of new feature as soon as possible and have asked you to begin testing immediately. what will be your strategy?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your day to day experiences   Answer Question
    • Give me some background on some of the projects you have worked on   Answer Question

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune Dungari (Nepal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mediaocean (Pune Dungari (Nepal)) in February 2015.

Interview

Bad interview process. Candidates are treated like slaves. They only call for interviews and reject. That's it. My friend at Mediaocean says it is a worst company to work with..

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

I was contacted by the Hiring Agency for the interview. I reached the office at the scheduled time and was impressed by the Ambiance of the office.
     I had two rounds of technical interview which helped me to understand the Job profile . Lastly I was interviewed by the HR Director . She was very polite and spent time to explain me about the organisation and its culture . I was impressed and was more convinced and looking forward to getting offer from the Organisation.

All my queries was answered in a nice manner .

Interview for Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mediaocean (Pune (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Had to wait on the reception for sometime, then the HR Director came in and took along for an interview. Just one round of interview . It was more of HR and less of Recruitments

Interview Questions

• Awful experience, none of the questions had relevance. The HR Director was not aware about how recruitment works.Unlike other interviews,none of the technical questions were asked , just beating around the bush. What i really doubt is how did the other candidates join the organisation without even understanding the questions she asked . Truly unprofessional behavior , she was rude and each question that she asked was not really relevant to the hiring processes or meant for the recruiter.

She was totally unaware of the HR interviews, god forbid even an MBA pass out would know how to conduct them.

1 Answer