Mediaocean Interview Questions

3.2

Java Developer (Mid - Senior Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Mediaocean in March 2014.

I applied through LinkedIn. Total process (HR initial response to application --> Offer Letter) is 3 weeks.

Interview Process: Initial Telephonic Screen and In-Person Interview.
    Telephonic interview was easy with some basic questions on OOP concepts and regular core java interview questions. It was about 20 minutes.

Later on, they called me for an In-Person Interview.

Upon your arrival, HR will meet and asks you to take a test which is for 30 minutes. Test contains 7 questions and for 25 points. Six questions are on Java and One is for a SQL query (group by - having). Java questions are to optimize the code and to find errors.

After the test, I had to meet 3 people for 30 minutes each. It was technical, mostly on the recent projects/experience.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mediaocean in February 2012.

Meet with multiple teams and upper management, very long process.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions have become much more challenging, it depends on the industry but know your tech.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Mediaocean in June 2014.

I went for the interview in a walkin, there was 1 written exam, 3 F2F interviews and a discussion in the end with the HR director. The written exam was easy, the face 2 face interviews were also easy, questions concentrating on basics (debugging an issue, approach towards testing, etc). Before the start of the process I had asked if my salary could be an issue for the company, and they said no. The HR discussion was stupid, the director asked me stupid questions, asked my current salary but didn't even ask my expected. I was rejected with a reason that I am not consistent in my career, but later on came to know that I was out of there budget as they offered my friend the same salary as his existing (what a shame!). If the company cannot afford a candidate they should specify it before the start of the process, why waste time. Guys if you are working in a decent company with a salary competitive to market standards, then probably you should skip mediaocean. My review does not reflect on the work culture or the employees there, but just a suggestion to the hiring management. :)

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mediaocean in June 2014.

3 Technical + 1 Director + 1 HR Director = 5 Rounds

3 technical rounds were mainly on Java, Design Patterns, Spring, Hibernate, Databases. All the 3 times, interviewers were not in time, and I had to reschedule the interview. Technical questions were mainly on following

Java - HashMap, ConcurrentHashMap, Autoboxing, annotation
    Spring - Dependency Injection, Bean Life cycle, AOP, MVC
    Hibernate - Inheritance, Object States, Transaction Management.
    REST Service - Constrains, Design.
    Design Pattern - Strategy
    Data Structures / Algorithms - Time complexity discussion on some problems.
    Database - Trigger, Stored Procedures etc.

The feedback of the technical discussions was positive.

The discussions with the director and the HR director consisted of following things

1) After 12th (i.e. 2002), why you did not try for BCA?
    2) Why did you do Food Engineering (2002-2006)? How did you get admission in Food Engineering (in 2002)?
    3) Why do you have pass class in Food Engineering (in 2006)?
     The HR director commented, "The pass class in Food engineering is notable thing."
    4) Were you job less after food engineering (in 2006)?
    5) In which company you were placed after Food Engineering (in 2006)?
    6) Why do you have 58% in MCA (2010)? Why is it less?
    7) Since you switched companies (very small start-ups) for instability reason, don't you check the company before joining?
    8) What is you expected CTC? Will you bargain with Mediaocean if we did not give your expected package?
         Finally the HR director comment, "Mediaocean does not bargain."

I am not sure how the questions asked in 4th and 5th round are related to the JAVA profile.

My candidature was put on hold without any reason.

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Mediaocean.

Not too tough

Interview Questions
    you will get better than industry standards.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mediaocean.

There were so many rounds of interview. All question were related to my skills which I mentioned.

Interview Questions

Worked for Mediaocean? Contribute to the Community!