Medical College of Wisconsin

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Interview

Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in June 2012.

Interview Details – Plan on taking months...HR start the process but it is the dept that makes the decision. It's all a joke
You can apply for different jobs but they all take months

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here...you will understand once working there   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III

Interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Very impressed with interview process, casual. Interview gave very accurate description of job duties and introduced me to co-workers I would be working with most directly. Gave very accurate directions to location and met me at front desk. Took time to answer all my questions and was very pleasant.

Research Scientist I Interview

Research Scientist I
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extended partly because they were screening a lot of candidates. The interviewers were pleasant and friendly. I got adequate information when I asked questions. They notified me well in advance for interviews.

Interview Question – Unexpected question was why how I would ask questions when I do not quite follow the conversions with my boss   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Assistant Interview

Financial Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in December 2013.

Interview Details – They really drag their feet on initial interview and will take a while to set it up. Your basic lame HR questions i.e. name your biggest weakness. The questions seem to show they're looking for good actors not employees. Had an interviewer check his cell phone when I was talking. Had them tell me they'd let me know either way on the job within 2 weeks; ended up finding out on my own and then got an email 3 months later that I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Name a time you've had issues with a manager?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator III Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator III
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR. In person interview with HR and primary investigator. 2nd in person interview with primary investigator and research team.

Interview Question – HR made me take a typing test. It was an HR mistake and the primary investigator apologized, but it put me in the hot seat for a minute. Haven't done one of those since 7th grade.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Grant funded position--can't negotiate

RF Design Engineer Interview

RF Design Engineer
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in April 2011.

Interview Details – A call from the HR followed by technical phone interview and then a final onsite interview

Interview Question – Some resarch related question I do not remember   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by email about 3 weeks later for preliminary interview. You will get an email confirming the interview appointment, along with forms to fill out ahead of time - including a credit check and criminal background check. Their hiring office is very hard to find, so be careful that you go to the right building. Went in for a preliminary interview which included skills tests on Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint). After the skills tests, met for about thirty minutes with one of the HR people. Took about 90 minutes to get through both parts. Interview questions were pretty standard. Was told I would be contacted either way about the position, and heard nothing.

Interview Question – Tell us about a mistake that you made. It was hard to come up with a good example because I am used to emphasizing my strengths.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II

I applied online and interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – One interview. Completed Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel testing then met with HR. 2 hour long process total.

Interview Question – "Why do you think this job would be a good fit for you?" No challenging questions.   Answer Question

Bio Statistician Interview

Bio Statistician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Applied online. There is a HR representative that arrange a time to talk with the Senior HR. During the phone interview, most questions are behavior questions.

Interview Question – What will you bring to us except the Mathematical/Statistical skills.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Initial interview with Employment, then interviewed with manager of position, director of area, and then 3 interviews with managers of various areas would support. In total 6 interviews.

Interview Question – The initial interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager were very balanced and pleasant experiences. The final interviews with the Director of HR and then managers of various area that the position would support focused on how political the environment is, as well as, in my case, their preconceived assumptions about my employer. My employer is, by far, the largest employer in the health field in the area and each one of the final 4 interviews made me feel like I was the on the receiving end of their assumptive viewpoints.   Answer Question

Worked for Medical College of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!