Medical College of Wisconsin

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source – interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interviewed with Manager and Administrator for about 20 minutes each. The Administrator took a non urgent phone call in the middle of the interview which I thought was extremely rude.

Interview Questions
    We went back and forth with wages twice because the offer was too low.

Division Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

I applied in June and had a phone interview within a few weeks. I never heard back until October when they called me in for a 6 hour interview. I got interviewed by 11 different people over the course of the day. Overall, the questions were pretty standard. There was nothing surprising if you've prepared. The interviewers all seemed like they'd be good coworkers, they all seemed passionate about their jobs and seemed like they enjoyed their work.

The position reported to 3 (or maybe 4...I'm not even sure because it was so convoluted) different people who all had competing interests, and all 3 (or 4) expressed their interests were the most crucial. I suppose that's human nature, and I would place the negative connotations from that on the structure and not the individuals. Of the 11 interviewers, there were different levels of desire outwardly expressed about changing the structure- I suspect it won't change any time soon. There seemed to be quite a disconnect from one functional area to the next. Each interviewer explained the administrator role in a completely different way, even to the point that I looked stupid as I repeated earlier explanations. At one point an interviewer literally laughed as I repeated what was told to me. I don't say this to be negative at all- just an honest assessment of what I saw. No job is going to be all sunshine and rainbows and this one is no different.

In so far as an interview can be a "positive" or "enjoyable" experience, I'd say MCW did pretty well. I didn't leave with any reservations about working with, or for, any of the people I met. I think I would have enjoyed working there had they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rally "resistant" troops around a common goal.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Very impressed with interview process, casual. Interview gave very accurate description of job duties and introduced me to co-workers I would be working with most directly. Gave very accurate directions to location and met me at front desk. Took time to answer all my questions and was very pleasant.

Financial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in December 2013.

They really drag their feet on initial interview and will take a while to set it up. Your basic lame HR questions i.e. name your biggest weakness. The questions seem to show they're looking for good actors not employees. Had an interviewer check his cell phone when I was talking. Had them tell me they'd let me know either way on the job within 2 weeks; ended up finding out on my own and then got an email 3 months later that I didn't get the job.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2013.

Applied online, contacted by email about 3 weeks later for preliminary interview. You will get an email confirming the interview appointment, along with forms to fill out ahead of time - including a credit check and criminal background check. Their hiring office is very hard to find, so be careful that you go to the right building. Went in for a preliminary interview which included skills tests on Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint). After the skills tests, met for about thirty minutes with one of the HR people. Took about 90 minutes to get through both parts. Interview questions were pretty standard. Was told I would be contacted either way about the position, and heard nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a mistake that you made. It was hard to come up with a good example because I am used to emphasizing my strengths.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

One interview. Completed Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel testing then met with HR. 2 hour long process total.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you think this job would be a good fit for you?" No challenging questions.   Answer Question

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2013.

The hiring process was extended partly because they were screening a lot of candidates. The interviewers were pleasant and friendly. I got adequate information when I asked questions. They notified me well in advance for interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was why how I would ask questions when I do not quite follow the conversions with my boss   Answer Question

Bio Statistician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Applied online. There is a HR representative that arrange a time to talk with the Senior HR. During the phone interview, most questions are behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to us except the Mathematical/Statistical skills.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Initial interview with Employment, then interviewed with manager of position, director of area, and then 3 interviews with managers of various areas would support. In total 6 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The initial interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager were very balanced and pleasant experiences. The final interviews with the Director of HR and then managers of various area that the position would support focused on how political the environment is, as well as, in my case, their preconceived assumptions about my employer. My employer is, by far, the largest employer in the health field in the area and each one of the final 4 interviews made me feel like I was the on the receiving end of their assumptive viewpoints.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2012.

Very unprofessional.

Was called on Wed afternoon. The only slot the had was the next day at 3pm.

Made it work. Had a 3 person interview. 2 admins nd head of department. 2 admin dint provide anything useful as it was a financial analyst interview.

Received email week later saying hey went with other candidate.

I askedth HR person that found me for some constructive criticism so could improve. Never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle a lot of red tape and drawn out long approval processes?   Answer Question