Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions in Milwaukee, WI

3.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2013.

Applied online, contacted by email about 3 weeks later for preliminary interview. You will get an email confirming the interview appointment, along with forms to fill out ahead of time - including a credit check and criminal background check. Their hiring office is very hard to find, so be careful that you go to the right building. Went in for a preliminary interview which included skills tests on Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint). After the skills tests, met for about thirty minutes with one of the HR people. Took about 90 minutes to get through both parts. Interview questions were pretty standard. Was told I would be contacted either way about the position, and heard nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a mistake that you made. It was hard to come up with a good example because I am used to emphasizing my strengths.   View Answer

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2013.

The hiring process was extended partly because they were screening a lot of candidates. The interviewers were pleasant and friendly. I got adequate information when I asked questions. They notified me well in advance for interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was why how I would ask questions when I do not quite follow the conversions with my boss   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Initial interview with Employment, then interviewed with manager of position, director of area, and then 3 interviews with managers of various areas would support. In total 6 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The initial interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager were very balanced and pleasant experiences. The final interviews with the Director of HR and then managers of various area that the position would support focused on how political the environment is, as well as, in my case, their preconceived assumptions about my employer. My employer is, by far, the largest employer in the health field in the area and each one of the final 4 interviews made me feel like I was the on the receiving end of their assumptive viewpoints.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2012.

Very unprofessional.

Was called on Wed afternoon. The only slot the had was the next day at 3pm.

Made it work. Had a 3 person interview. 2 admins nd head of department. 2 admin dint provide anything useful as it was a financial analyst interview.

Received email week later saying hey went with other candidate.

I askedth HR person that found me for some constructive criticism so could improve. Never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle a lot of red tape and drawn out long approval processes?   Answer Question

Lab Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in February 2012.

A difficult interview because there were a few of technical questions asked which I hadn't been expecting. The interview took about an hour, and the interviewer was generally very nice and helpful (happy to answer questions). Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position and they just sent me a standard email to let me know, so no feedback was given.

Reimbursement Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2011.

Very down to earth, genuine people in HR.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you made a mistake that affected yours or someone elses job(s), and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in April 2011.

A call from the HR followed by technical phone interview and then a final onsite interview

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in December 2010.

The position I applied for was a middle-management administrative position.

Positives: Judging from most of the people I met with, the physical work environment, the salary and benefits, and the location of MCW, I think it would be a nice place to work.

Negatives: It was the most exhaustive interview process that I have ever encountered. I interviewed with 14 people over the course of 5 visits. However, I only met with the hiring manager once, for 30 minutes, and that was not until the 4th visit. Most of the interviews were with HR and other administrators (all of whom were very pleasant people). I felt that everyone involved in the process took it seriously, however there seemed to be something going on between the hiring manager and the people responsible for finding candidates and setting up interviews. In addition, although the job description was fairly thorough, there was a pretty severe disconnect between the job description and the understandings of the people I spoke with--including the hiring manager--about what the main responsibilities of the position were. All of this on the backdrop of the politics, egos, and territoriality of a large academic medical center undergoing rapid change.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you worked for so many different companies in the past 15 years?   View Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in August 2010.

The interview process with HR went perfectly fine - you meet with HR first, then they pass their notes onto the corresponding hiring managers. The hiring manager who interviewed me though was very pushy and controlling. He would not let me give a 2 weeks notice at my former employer . I should have seen this as a huge red flag, but I needed a job in this city as I was relocating so I accepted anyways. HR needs to take more control in the interview/hiring process and ensure managers cannot coarse new employees into a guilt trip and not giving the needed 2 or 4 week notice to their previous employers.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are behavior based - they simply ask for a time this happened and how did you deal with it, or when did you manage a difficult task and how did you get through it.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. MCW pays their employees very little, and if they cannot pay you the salary you need, they don't even offer a sign-on bonus. I had to take the job though because the economy was so bad and I was scared I wouldn't find a job elsewhere.

Research Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2010.

I was initially contacted by a admin assistant within the department I applied for an interview. I then had one face-to-face interview with 3 different P.I.'s and a group of the laboratory personell that I would be working with. The interview lasted approximately 3 hours. It is very important to research the specific position. I asked many questions about the work they were doing and how it affected the medical community. The work culture is mostly relaxed, but efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any plans for the future?   View Answer
    • How have you dealt with a difficult situation at your previous workplace?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Worked for Medical College of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!