Medical College of Wisconsin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist I Interview

Research Scientist I
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extended partly because they were screening a lot of candidates. The interviewers were pleasant and friendly. I got adequate information when I asked questions. They notified me well in advance for interviews.

Interview Question – Unexpected question was why how I would ask questions when I do not quite follow the conversions with my boss   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator III Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator III
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR. In person interview with HR and primary investigator. 2nd in person interview with primary investigator and research team.

Interview Question – HR made me take a typing test. It was an HR mistake and the primary investigator apologized, but it put me in the hot seat for a minute. Haven't done one of those since 7th grade.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Grant funded position--can't negotiate

RF Design Engineer Interview

RF Design Engineer
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in April 2011.

Interview Details – A call from the HR followed by technical phone interview and then a final onsite interview

Interview Question – Some resarch related question I do not remember   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by email about 3 weeks later for preliminary interview. You will get an email confirming the interview appointment, along with forms to fill out ahead of time - including a credit check and criminal background check. Their hiring office is very hard to find, so be careful that you go to the right building. Went in for a preliminary interview which included skills tests on Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint). After the skills tests, met for about thirty minutes with one of the HR people. Took about 90 minutes to get through both parts. Interview questions were pretty standard. Was told I would be contacted either way about the position, and heard nothing.

Interview Question – Tell us about a mistake that you made. It was hard to come up with a good example because I am used to emphasizing my strengths.   View Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Initial interview with Employment, then interviewed with manager of position, director of area, and then 3 interviews with managers of various areas would support. In total 6 interviews.

Interview Question – The initial interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager were very balanced and pleasant experiences. The final interviews with the Director of HR and then managers of various area that the position would support focused on how political the environment is, as well as, in my case, their preconceived assumptions about my employer. My employer is, by far, the largest employer in the health field in the area and each one of the final 4 interviews made me feel like I was the on the receiving end of their assumptive viewpoints.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional.

Was called on Wed afternoon. The only slot the had was the next day at 3pm.

Made it work. Had a 3 person interview. 2 admins nd head of department. 2 admin dint provide anything useful as it was a financial analyst interview.

Received email week later saying hey went with other candidate.

I askedth HR person that found me for some constructive criticism so could improve. Never got a response.

Interview Question – Can you handle a lot of red tape and drawn out long approval processes?   Answer Question

Reimbursement Analyst II Interview

Reimbursement Analyst II
Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very down to earth, genuine people in HR.

Interview Question – Name a time where you made a mistake that affected yours or someone elses job(s), and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist III Interview

Systems Specialist III
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in December 2008.

Interview Details – I first met face-to-face with HR to see f I was a good fit for the position. Within a few days I was asked to return to meet with two department representatives with the opening. My interview consisted of 2 hours of questions and answers from the department administrator and the person whom I would be replacing. A few days later I was asked to come back to meet with the Dean in the office where I would be working. So I met with the Dean and by the time I returned home the administrator called me back to offer me the job. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Probably "What is your greatest weakness?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After explaining my backgound to the hiring manager I was able to get him to bump me up a level as my technical experience was much higher than the person I was to replace.

Lab Technologist Interview

Lab Technologist
Milwaukee, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in February 2012.

Interview Details – A difficult interview because there were a few of technical questions asked which I hadn't been expecting. The interview took about an hour, and the interviewer was generally very nice and helpful (happy to answer questions). Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position and they just sent me a standard email to let me know, so no feedback was given.

Interview Question – Can you name the bones in a human wrist?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator I
Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process with HR went perfectly fine - you meet with HR first, then they pass their notes onto the corresponding hiring managers. The hiring manager who interviewed me though was very pushy and controlling. He would not let me give a 2 weeks notice at my former employer . I should have seen this as a huge red flag, but I needed a job in this city as I was relocating so I accepted anyways. HR needs to take more control in the interview/hiring process and ensure managers cannot coarse new employees into a guilt trip and not giving the needed 2 or 4 week notice to their previous employers.

Interview Question – All the questions are behavior based - they simply ask for a time this happened and how did you deal with it, or when did you manage a difficult task and how did you get through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. MCW pays their employees very little, and if they cannot pay you the salary you need, they don't even offer a sign-on bonus. I had to take the job though because the economy was so bad and I was scared I wouldn't find a job elsewhere.

Worked for Medical College of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!