Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions in Wisconsin

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

First you submit your application online. Then it takes 2-3 months for the Human Resources department to get back to you. By then you've already forgotten that you applied. HR does their initial interview with you then forwards you on to the actual department. The department will call you in and have you meet one on one with the manager(s). It is a long process- much, much too long.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a patient seemed overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a computer skills test on the Microsoft Office Suite and traditional interviews with HR as well as the immediate supervisor and co-workers. Both the individuals in HR and in the office where the job was located were very professional and polite. The only drawback was that the decision-making process seemed to take a long time. I did not hear back for 6-8 weeks, I think. That said, everyone I spoke with was friendly and kind. I think it would be a great place. to work.

Interview Questions

• How did you use initiative to solve a problem at work?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial meeting with HR, was very easy, did not ask any traditional questions and seemed as though they fully read and comprehended my experience without me telling them about it. I took a typing test and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook test.

HR set up interview with Administrator and Administrative Coordinator of the department I would be assisting. Not even 5 minutes into my interview the individual I met with in HR called the Administrator and the Administrator excused herself. Let me just say, considering another individual commented that this happened to them as well on Glassdoor it seems this is their routine. I found it unbelievably unprofessional considering HR has their daily schedule and knows that she was in an interview at this time because HR is the one who scheduled the interview. It seems that this is staged as a way for HR to hear their "first impression" after 2 minutes of meeting wit me. The Administrator was gone for over 20 minutes while I spoke with the Administrative Coordinator. Not one question was asked about why I would be a good fit, my experience, etc, instead the coordinator talked the entire time about why she loves working there and the serious changes that were taking place and how difficult they were to deal with. Once the Administrator came back into the room she made up an excuse for why she had to take the call and proceeded to tell me that I would be passed on for additional interviews and that the coordinator would be in touch. They also stressed how long the interview process is and repeatedly asked me if this was okay that it would take a long time. I left the interview not knowing what had just happened because both experiences, so far, were the furthest in relation to an interview.

I received the interview itinerary from the coordinator a few weeks later and was blown away that I was to meet with 11 individuals over the course of 3 and 1/2 hours. In my mind it was going to be a panel interview or multiple individuals at different times. Let me say this experience was the most exhausting process I have ever endured in interviewing for a job and the most disorganized. I met with everyone in the department that I would be working with/for, at random times, unplanned. Some meetings were 1 on 1 and others were with 4 to 5 individuals. My resume was given to them as I was walking into the door to meet with them. One of the more "mature" nurses squinted her eyes and pursed her lips while speaking to me repeating over and over that she did not believe I understood the job description when her colleague next to her defended me. It was demeaning but I held my ground. The worst was meeting with 5 nurses all in 20's to mid 30's. When I walked into the room there was no greeting and I attempted to shake their hands and they stared at me blankly and in silence. At one point a 6th nurse walked in right past me laughing, leaned against a wall with her arms crossed, and made a joke about wasting her time and they all laughed. I was the only one asking questions and at one point one of the nurses said, "wow, apparently we're the ones being interviewed according to her." It was a waste of my time and I contemplated walking out and formally removing my interest in the position.

I finished meeting with the rest of the department. Everyone except for the individuals mentioned about were extremely professional and commented that they looked forward to working with me. The coordinator walked me out and said she would contact me to set up the remaining interviews. She said she wanted me to understand that they were clearly very interested in me otherwise they would not put me through this process and she repeated this over and over. Odd but it slightly compensated for the mind-blowing experience I had with the rude nurses.

I went home and immediately sent a thank you email and requested she follow up to schedule the remaining meetings. Four weeks passed and I emailed the coordinator again to follow up since I had not heard a word. No response. I decided to email HR to follow up to get at least an answer or insight to the next step. No response and it's been a few weeks.

I am incredibly disappointed in my experience and can not imagine that this is an environment I would want to work in if the individuals in charge can not reply to an email. It is irrelevant how many individuals they are interviewing. I have been in their position before and I can tell you I would have been terminated if I allowed such experiences to happen with potential hires, especially if word reached HR that I acted in the way the 6 nurses did. So disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself was the only "interview" question.   Answer Question

Medical College of Wisconsin Response

Feb 24, 2015HR Consultant for Communication

MCW prides itself on being an inclusive community where all individuals are valued and respected and we are very sorry to hear your interview process was not representative of this commitment ... More

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interviewed with Manager and Administrator for about 20 minutes each. The Administrator took a non urgent phone call in the middle of the interview which I thought was extremely rude.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We went back and forth with wages twice because the offer was too low.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by email about 3 weeks later for preliminary interview. You will get an email confirming the interview appointment, along with forms to fill out ahead of time - including a credit check and criminal background check. Their hiring office is very hard to find, so be careful that you go to the right building. Went in for a preliminary interview which included skills tests on Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint). After the skills tests, met for about thirty minutes with one of the HR people. Took about 90 minutes to get through both parts. Interview questions were pretty standard. Was told I would be contacted either way about the position, and heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a mistake that you made. It was hard to come up with a good example because I am used to emphasizing my strengths.   1 Answer

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was extended partly because they were screening a lot of candidates. The interviewers were pleasant and friendly. I got adequate information when I asked questions. They notified me well in advance for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was why how I would ask questions when I do not quite follow the conversions with my boss   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very long it took several months. I applied in Feb and did not get a call back until June. I had my phone interview and then I did not here back from that for a additional 2 weeks.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Initial interview with Employment, then interviewed with manager of position, director of area, and then 3 interviews with managers of various areas would support. In total 6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• The initial interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager were very balanced and pleasant experiences. The final interviews with the Director of HR and then managers of various area that the position would support focused on how political the environment is, as well as, in my case, their preconceived assumptions about my employer. My employer is, by far, the largest employer in the health field in the area and each one of the final 4 interviews made me feel like I was the on the receiving end of their assumptive viewpoints.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

Very unprofessional.

Was called on Wed afternoon. The only slot the had was the next day at 3pm.

Made it work. Had a 3 person interview. 2 admins nd head of department. 2 admin dint provide anything useful as it was a financial analyst interview.

Received email week later saying hey went with other candidate.

I askedth HR person that found me for some constructive criticism so could improve. Never got a response.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a lot of red tape and drawn out long approval processes?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with HR, once that is was approved I then met with the disease team managers. I first met with the business administration manager who gave me a overview of how the facility was ran, how they started, where they are, and where they plan on going. I then met with the clinical research managers. This is 3 vs. 1 interview where you are interviewed by several managers within the CTO. Basic interview type questions that you can find online anywhere. The whole process took around 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, explain a time where you had to work with someone you didn't like?   1 Answer