Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions & Reviews in Wisconsin

13 interviews

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2013.

The hiring process was extended partly because they were screening a lot of candidates. The interviewers were pleasant and friendly. I got adequate information when I asked questions. They notified me well in advance for interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was why how I would ask questions when I do not quite follow the conversions with my boss   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in September 2009.

Initial phone interview with HR. In person interview with HR and primary investigator. 2nd in person interview with primary investigator and research team.

Interview Questions
    • HR made me take a typing test. It was an HR mistake and the primary investigator apologized, but it put me in the hot seat for a minute. Haven't done one of those since 7th grade.   Answer Question
    Grant funded position--can't negotiate

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in April 2011.

A call from the HR followed by technical phone interview and then a final onsite interview

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2013.

Applied online, contacted by email about 3 weeks later for preliminary interview. You will get an email confirming the interview appointment, along with forms to fill out ahead of time - including a credit check and criminal background check. Their hiring office is very hard to find, so be careful that you go to the right building. Went in for a preliminary interview which included skills tests on Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint). After the skills tests, met for about thirty minutes with one of the HR people. Took about 90 minutes to get through both parts. Interview questions were pretty standard. Was told I would be contacted either way about the position, and heard nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a mistake that you made. It was hard to come up with a good example because I am used to emphasizing my strengths.   View Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Initial interview with Employment, then interviewed with manager of position, director of area, and then 3 interviews with managers of various areas would support. In total 6 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The initial interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager were very balanced and pleasant experiences. The final interviews with the Director of HR and then managers of various area that the position would support focused on how political the environment is, as well as, in my case, their preconceived assumptions about my employer. My employer is, by far, the largest employer in the health field in the area and each one of the final 4 interviews made me feel like I was the on the receiving end of their assumptive viewpoints.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wauwatosa, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in August 2011.

Basic questions at the start about object oriented programming, PHP, databases. After the phone interview was a basic programming skills test and some questions about PHP.

They don't really have any big challenges since they have a small website that doesn't really do anything too complicated - so there are no scalability challenges.

I did get the feeling that the IT department in general wasn't really appreciated at this place and they were just a necessary part of the machine.

I did get a PHP job that is one of the most challenging ones possible, so it ended up being a very good thing that they didn't want me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too hard. They didn't ask anything difficult except for some questions about PHP experience I didn't have, although I had some PHP experience that was far more advanced than what they use.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2012.

Very unprofessional.

Was called on Wed afternoon. The only slot the had was the next day at 3pm.

Made it work. Had a 3 person interview. 2 admins nd head of department. 2 admin dint provide anything useful as it was a financial analyst interview.

Received email week later saying hey went with other candidate.

I askedth HR person that found me for some constructive criticism so could improve. Never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle a lot of red tape and drawn out long approval processes?   Answer Question

Reimbursement Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2011.

Very down to earth, genuine people in HR.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you made a mistake that affected yours or someone elses job(s), and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in December 2008.

I first met face-to-face with HR to see f I was a good fit for the position. Within a few days I was asked to return to meet with two department representatives with the opening. My interview consisted of 2 hours of questions and answers from the department administrator and the person whom I would be replacing. A few days later I was asked to come back to meet with the Dean in the office where I would be working. So I met with the Dean and by the time I returned home the administrator called me back to offer me the job. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Probably "What is your greatest weakness?"   View Answer
    After explaining my backgound to the hiring manager I was able to get him to bump me up a level as my technical experience was much higher than the person I was to replace.

Lab Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in February 2012.

A difficult interview because there were a few of technical questions asked which I hadn't been expecting. The interview took about an hour, and the interviewer was generally very nice and helpful (happy to answer questions). Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position and they just sent me a standard email to let me know, so no feedback was given.

Interview Questions

Worked for Medical College of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!