Medical Protective Associate Underwriter Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medical Protective.

The interview process was long, it took three interviews including group and 1 on 1 interviews with management, senior management, and the CEO. The first interview was with a group of three managers, the final two interview were 1 on 1 interviews. In total, I met with 7 people before an offer was made.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions were asked, nothing difficult. The interviews were conducted more as a discussion. I discussed more about myself and my skills, less questions were asked than was expected of me to direct the interview.   Answer Question
I accepted the offer as is, it was a good offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Medical Protective

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Medical Protective in August 2010.

Hiring here can be a complete pain in the butt. I interviewed 8 different times for this position over a span of 3 months. Most of the time interviews are spaced weeks apart. You have to constantly remind HR that you are still interested, because you hear nothing in the interim.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It was a take-it or leave-it attitude which is pretty much how they treat all of their decisions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medical Protective in August 2011.

Applied via email. Was told they were interested in coordinating an interview. Company sent me application and FCRA forms to complete and also needed college transcripts. Interview was scheduled a few days later. Typical behavioral interview with a group panel of various managerial staff members. Then was taken upstairs to interview for a fairly short interview with the VP of Underwriting. Company kept me waiting about 2 weeks before I got a call back for a second interview. Second interview was actually 3 separate interviews with VP of HR, CFO and CEO. Questions were more geared towards, "are you a good-fit". Received job offer about a week and a half later. Office is actually 3 buildings all connected. Two newer identical buildings with a very modern and subtle appearance. Third building was actually the original building and was more traditional; more like a home than an office. Buildings were very well kept, grounds were neatly maintained. People I met with were very easy to talk to and very nice. CEO and CFO were very easy to talk to despite my nervousness. It was clear that the employees there take pride in what they do and make certain they choose the right people for the job.

Interview Questions
    Salary wasn't really negotiable. Don't expect a huge salary offer but afterall, most people are hired right out of college into entry-level jobs in a small to medium Midwestern city with low cost-of-living.

Worked for Medical Protective? Contribute to the Community!