Medical Protective

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Intelligence Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Medical Protective.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the Business Intelligence Leader and then completed an onsite interview with employees of my department. I also met and answered some questions for HR. Many of the questions were about classes I have taken, projects I worked on, skills I have, and things I am involved in.

Interview Question – What kinds of things do you want to work on?   View Answer

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medical Protective.

Interview Details – The interview process was long, it took three interviews including group and 1 on 1 interviews with management, senior management, and the CEO. The first interview was with a group of three managers, the final two interview were 1 on 1 interviews. In total, I met with 7 people before an offer was made.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions were asked, nothing difficult. The interviews were conducted more as a discussion. I discussed more about myself and my skills, less questions were asked than was expected of me to direct the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as is, it was a good offer.

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Medical Protective in August 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring here can be a complete pain in the butt. I interviewed 8 different times for this position over a span of 3 months. Most of the time interviews are spaced weeks apart. You have to constantly remind HR that you are still interested, because you hear nothing in the interim.

Interview Question – N/A   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take-it or leave-it attitude which is pretty much how they treat all of their decisions.

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medical Protective in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via email. Was told they were interested in coordinating an interview. Company sent me application and FCRA forms to complete and also needed college transcripts. Interview was scheduled a few days later. Typical behavioral interview with a group panel of various managerial staff members. Then was taken upstairs to interview for a fairly short interview with the VP of Underwriting. Company kept me waiting about 2 weeks before I got a call back for a second interview. Second interview was actually 3 separate interviews with VP of HR, CFO and CEO. Questions were more geared towards, "are you a good-fit". Received job offer about a week and a half later. Office is actually 3 buildings all connected. Two newer identical buildings with a very modern and subtle appearance. Third building was actually the original building and was more traditional; more like a home than an office. Buildings were very well kept, grounds were neatly maintained. People I met with were very easy to talk to and very nice. CEO and CFO were very easy to talk to despite my nervousness. It was clear that the employees there take pride in what they do and make certain they choose the right people for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary wasn't really negotiable. Don't expect a huge salary offer but afterall, most people are hired right out of college into entry-level jobs in a small to medium Midwestern city with low cost-of-living.

Underwriter Interview

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Medical Protective in February 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly standard behavioral Interview with 2 managers - situational questions such as tell me about a time that you had conflict at work and how it was resolved.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Medical Protective? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medical Protective interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Medical Protective employees and interview candidates.