Medical Research Council

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medical Research Council.

Interview Details – Applied online. Quick confirmation for interview, which was setup within a week. Interview was really relaxed, with the group research leader and senior researcher, questions about previous experience, why I want to work for MRC, what I know about MRC were asked. What are prions and overview of ELISAs were the only technical questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

I applied online and interviewed at Medical Research Council.

Interview Details – CV and cover letter followed by a panel interview. During the interview I had to give a short presentation followed by a question and answer session.

Interview questions were about my current work, what I wanted to do in the future, my opinion of animals in research and what skills I had.

Interview Question – Do you approve of the use of animals in research   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of salary.

Worked for Medical Research Council? Contribute to the Community!