Medicis Pharmaceutical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Purchasing Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medicis Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details – Full day of meeting with key department heads and managers

Interview Question – Please explain to us an example of how you would manage a difficult employee who was on the same team as you.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medicis Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details – applied online and took a month for the process

Interview Question – know all of the products   Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

Graphic Artist
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medicis Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details – 4 hours, three different people, very intense

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Finance Interview

Finance
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Medicis Pharmaceutical in July 2010.

Interview Details – Took a personality test prior to the interview. Interview was a series of 1:1 sessions with HR and Finance personnel. This created a long day of answering similar questions for different people. Personality test was highly weighted as they are looking for a specific type of person. One of the sessions was with HR to discuss the test and was quite probing. At times I felt like I had to defend my personality.

Interview Question – There was a series of questions regarding the personality test that was intense and unexpected   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Medicis Pharmaceutical in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial point of contact comes from HR/Recruiting. A phone interview was conducted by the HR manager to pre-screen candidates, mainly to ensure that candidates' experiences and skills fit with the job description posted. Another phone interview was conducted with the department manager next, which is very similar to the phone interview with HR/Recruiting. After that, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview, which I was informed that it will be about 3-hour long. I met with the HR/Recruiting manager, the department manager and the boss of the department manager. The interviews consist of all behavior questions. Additionally, prior to the on-site interview, I was given various skills test and personality test. The results were also reviewed during my on-site interview, mainly to go through and determine whether I agree or disagree with the results. I was asked to come in again the next day for a second interview with the boss of the boss of the department manager. This interview is more high leveled and take more about what my short term and long term goals are, and a lot of time were allocated to me asking them questions about the company, department, etc. The formal offer was provided within a week of time, after which, a drug test and a background check was performed. All company personnel were very professional and seem to have a good system in place for the hiring and interviewing process.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have to handle a conflict with a manager?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medicis Pharmaceutical in June 2010.

Interview Details – In depth questioning regarding skills and experience. Appropriate for the requirements of the position. HR and hiring manager in no hurry to fill position.

Interview Question – Discuss a good and bad decision you made in the last year. How were these decisions made differently?   Answer Question

Worked for Medicis Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!