Medidata Solutions

Updated May 22, 2014
Updated May 22, 2014

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Medidata Solutions in April 2014.

I was sent through a temp agency for a casual interviewer at a Dunkin' Donuts in Edison, NJ in early April 2014. The recruiter and I discusses my background, and he described the company and the position to me. The recruiter and I spoke for about 20 minutes. He said, "I would be shocked if they didn't select you for an interview" based on my previous positions. I didn't want the position when he said that it only paid $13/hr, and it would take a year to possibly become permanent. I didn't tell him that I didn't want the position, but I never heard anything from the recruiter from the temp agency about the position after the meeting I had.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. It was a pre-interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Don't bother returning emails. Very unorganized interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Horrible no tact

Cheap

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medidata Solutions.

The interview process went as expected.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interviews were standard, in that I had to produce examples based on scenario-based questions.   Answer Question
    I received what I was expecting, so no negotiation was needed.

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Communication was mostly through the recruiter. There was an initial phone interview, then an in person interview with several of the team members (individually).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Was contacted by a recruiter about two months after submitting an application for this position. Initial impressions of the recruiter's professionalism and attention to detail were disappointing. Interview process was about two hours, and seemed somewhat disorganized, although I liked very much the potential teammates and manager that interviewed me. Manager seemed knowledge and was very friendly. We talked for about an hour. Director wanted to interview me as well but she had a conference call. I was promised a follow up call with her, but there was no follow through.

Interview Questions
    • Asked by a tech "where do I see myself in five years" by someone who hadn't been at Medidata five years. Nice chap though.   Answer Question

Recruiting and hiring process. Lack of follow-through by management.

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medidata Solutions in July 2013.

I really got a good feel from the discussions I had with the HR team. I felt the process moved very quickly and I was eager to get my offer. The employees love working for a growing organization and it truly showed through that this was an exciting opportunity. The HR coordinator Sarah was fantastic when answering my questions quickly and accurately. The HR Business Partner portrayed the organization in such a great light that I knew this is where I wanted to work. The VP of HR was so honest and open about the practices and the growth that I felt like I knew exactly what I was walking into on day one. The offer was right on target and made me feel valued.

Interview Questions
    This company does not particularly like to extend an offer unless they know what it will take to get you on board (as long as you are a fit for the position). So negotiations typically are not necessary because my initial request was met.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medidata Solutions.

The HR reached out to me for an interview. Said that I would be a good fit for the position and they were looking to fill two positions. I went in for the interview and the initial two interviews were with HR and then the manager - both of which were very pleasant and mostly related to my experience. The last two interviews were not so great - I got interviewed by a project manager who basically grilled me and could not understand why I wanted to be a technical support person if I was an engineer (ignoring my 3 years of work experience in the field). It was a very strange interview and I have never had such a bad experience before. I am a good interviewer and usually get through to final rounds for positions that I am well qualified for. Needless to say I did not get the offer and even if I did I doubt I would accept it. It did not look like a friendly environment to work in.

Interview Questions
    • He looked at my experience in MATLAB and asked me to explain the software in layman's term.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Medidata Solutions.

I'd say most of the employees are below 40 years old. Get ready to work under pressure. First you'll get an invite for the interview from HR. It's a technology company so expect a lot of technical questions if you are applying for a technology position. You will also most likely have to pass a written test. The interview should take about an hour. Other than that, the interview process is not long.

Interview Questions
    I just agreed to what they offered.

Dogsbody Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Medidata Solutions in January 2012.

They have active recruiters inside the company who are working to fill positions - the recruitment process was easy. Maybe too easy. Sometimes managers are desperate to fill positions and will hire otherwise unsuitable staff. And then promote them into management.

Interview Questions
    They agreed to my terms.