Medidata Solutions

Very Easy Interview

Dogsbody Interview

Dogsbody
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Medidata Solutions in January 2012.

Interview Details – They have active recruiters inside the company who are working to fill positions - the recruitment process was easy. Maybe too easy. Sometimes managers are desperate to fill positions and will hire otherwise unsuitable staff. And then promote them into management.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Sadlyl.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They agreed to my terms.

Very Easy Interview

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry
Edison, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Medidata Solutions in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was sent through a temp agency for a casual interviewer at a Dunkin' Donuts in Edison, NJ in early April 2014. The recruiter and I discusses my background, and he described the company and the position to me. The recruiter and I spoke for about 20 minutes. He said, "I would be shocked if they didn't select you for an interview" based on my previous positions. I didn't want the position when he said that it only paid $13/hr, and it would take a year to possibly become permanent. I didn't tell him that I didn't want the position, but I never heard anything from the recruiter from the temp agency about the position after the meeting I had.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. It was a pre-interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview Details – Horrible no tact

Negotiation Details – Cheap

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview Details – Don't bother returning emails. Very unorganized interview process.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview Details – The interview process went as expected.

Interview Question – Most of the interviews were standard, in that I had to produce examples based on scenario-based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received what I was expecting, so no negotiation was needed.

Technical Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview Details – Communication was mostly through the recruiter. There was an initial phone interview, then an in person interview with several of the team members (individually).

Interview Question – What are your 3 greatest weakneses   Answer Question

Edison, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter about two months after submitting an application for this position. Initial impressions of the recruiter's professionalism and attention to detail were disappointing. Interview process was about two hours, and seemed somewhat disorganized, although I liked very much the potential teammates and manager that interviewed me. Manager seemed knowledge and was very friendly. We talked for about an hour. Director wanted to interview me as well but she had a conference call. I was promised a follow up call with her, but there was no follow through.

Interview Question – Asked by a tech "where do I see myself in five years" by someone who hadn't been at Medidata five years. Nice chap though.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recruiting and hiring process. Lack of follow-through by management.

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Medidata Solutions in February 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted By email

Interview Question – 20 minute interview   Answer Question

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Senior Corporate Recruiter
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medidata Solutions in July 2013.

Interview Details – I really got a good feel from the discussions I had with the HR team. I felt the process moved very quickly and I was eager to get my offer. The employees love working for a growing organization and it truly showed through that this was an exciting opportunity. The HR coordinator Sarah was fantastic when answering my questions quickly and accurately. The HR Business Partner portrayed the organization in such a great light that I knew this is where I wanted to work. The VP of HR was so honest and open about the practices and the growth that I felt like I knew exactly what I was walking into on day one. The offer was right on target and made me feel valued.

Interview Question – Where would you like to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This company does not particularly like to extend an offer unless they know what it will take to get you on board (as long as you are a fit for the position). So negotiations typically are not necessary because my initial request was met.

Edison, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Medidata Solutions.

Interview Details – The HR reached out to me for an interview. Said that I would be a good fit for the position and they were looking to fill two positions. I went in for the interview and the initial two interviews were with HR and then the manager - both of which were very pleasant and mostly related to my experience. The last two interviews were not so great - I got interviewed by a project manager who basically grilled me and could not understand why I wanted to be a technical support person if I was an engineer (ignoring my 3 years of work experience in the field). It was a very strange interview and I have never had such a bad experience before. I am a good interviewer and usually get through to final rounds for positions that I am well qualified for. Needless to say I did not get the offer and even if I did I doubt I would accept it. It did not look like a friendly environment to work in.

Interview Question – He looked at my experience in MATLAB and asked me to explain the software in layman's term.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Medidata Solutions

Worked for Medidata Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Medidata Solutions Videos

Medidata Solutions – Why Work for Us?

At Medidata Solutions, we believe that meeting challenges—big challenges—is what makes for an exciting career. From development, IT and project management to sales, marketing, finance and more, our employees think being… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medidata Solutions interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Medidata Solutions employees and interview candidates.