Medifast

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.3

Senior Counselor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Medifast.

Hiring process was excellent. They do an excellent job selling their company and giving you hope that you will be making most of your salary through commissions. The recruiter was a great help.

Attempted to negotiate on hourly rate, but was told I would be justified with monthly commissions.

Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medifast.

The initial contact is via email inviting you to a phone interview. The phone interview is conducted by an HR Screener so they won't be able to answer your questions about workplace culture. The next interview will be with your prospective supervisor/ District Manager. Next was job offer via telephone from HR.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. I expected questions about tracking business progress regularly.   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medifast in April 2014.

The hiring process was truly excellent. It was top notch and the overall process took about 3 weeks to be completed while it took awhile for my background check to come back due to me living out of town for my previous job

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to change the atmosphere and increase business   View Answer
    Yes I was able to negotiate. I started high, they started low and then we met somewhere in the middle

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Medifast.

The HR person emailed they were not interested, and then 4 hours later asked me for an interview? When I spoke to her she was "catty" and aggressive, disparaging about my work experience and looking for things in everything I was saying.

Interview Questions
    • None- other than it would not matter what I said the HR Recruiter was determined to eliminate me.   View Answer

I knew that the HR person was trying to eliminate me for some reason so I decided to stop the interview and thanked her for her time and asked her to remove me from consideration.

Medifast Response

Aug 27, 2014Recruiting Manager

As the Recruiting Manager here with Medifast, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with one of the Recruiters here. The manner in which the interview was scheduled and conducted does not ... More

Weight Control Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medifast.

A responding email and then phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If re-locating within 2 to three weeks was feasible. (It wasn't.)   Answer Question

They required relocation within 2-3 weeks cross country, with no relocation expenses covered.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medifast in February 2012.

The interview process starts off with a phone interview with somebody from HR. Then there are two face to face interviews. You meet with another rep from HR and somebody from your management team. One you get through that the training is extensive.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel capable of selling programs that cost around $3000?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Everything I asked for and was promised was declined later or "company policy" all of a sudden changed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Medifast in October 2011.

Very long. Applied on-line. Recieved an email with questions. Then a phone interview. Then was scheduled to meet with district manager for a 1:1 interview in Aventura (I live in Miami), that lasted 2 hours and she was late. That was on a Saturday, recruiter called me on Momday am to let me know I had been given an offer. She told me to give my 2 weeks notice to my current employer (which I did) and I would start my training (2 weeks, out of town) in 3 weeks. I had to get drug tested, and fax documents and take an online skill/personality test. Then I was called about a week later to let me know that I wont be starting for at least another month! (should have told me that BEFORE I quit my job!!)

Overall, VERY long process and don't be afraid to question the recruiter and ask for higher pay!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medifast in July 2011.

First they started with a phone screen from one of the recruiters. I was then asked to come in and meet with my potential boss. After meeting with the two of them I had a meeting with the HR manager. They all asked very basic interview questions and I was offered the position.

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medifast in July 2011.

Interviewed, and then was offered the job a couple days later. They were accomodating to my needing to give my currect job a two weeks notice. They asked typical questions about past experiences office wise.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult. While I don't enjoy panel interviews, it was small so not intimidating. They were very welcoming and kind.   Answer Question
    There was none.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medifast in March 2011.

First you apply online, then a recruiter contacts y ou with several question about a 20 min long phone interview. If you make it to the next step they contact yuou again with a time and date and location for your interview with the center manager. After your interview with the center manager you meet with the AREA manager if you make it that far, after the area manager meets with you, you should hear back within 4 days.