Medifast Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.1

Weight Loss Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Medifast (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Was ok same thing every one does. Felt like they were more concerned about what they said than my answers. Dog and pony show. Look how pretty we are and how great we are

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Medifast (Owings Mills, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR - basically asking about my experience, my resume.
    Got an email two days later asking me to schedule a face-to-face interview. Standard interview about previous experience and technical skills.
    Seemed like nice people, but I did not get a call back, even after emailing to find out the outcome of the interview (which I already figured out!) I didn't get a response.

Weight Loss Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medifast (Chandler, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I started with a phone interview to review my resume. From there I was asked to come in for an interview. Upon arrival I was asked to fill out an application with the same information they already had. I meant the recruiter and manager for a time of discussing my qualifications and thoughts on weight loss. They then had me return to the lobby to fill out a form with my thoughts on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts when you see someone who wants to lose weight? Have you helped anyone lose weight?   Answer Question

Very low pay and little room for growth

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Medifast in November 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with a very young girl that said things like this that and the other during the phone interview. All I could think is she's in charge of hiring me okaaaay. Interview was easy it was like talking to a child at the roller skating rink. Omg look at her hair....*valley girl voice"

Interview Questions

• Same questions as a typical Interview but seems as if she was reading these questions from a piece of paper. She wasn't skilled enough to remember these questions.   1 Answer

Senior Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Medifast.

Interview

Hiring process was excellent. They do an excellent job selling their company and giving you hope that you will be making most of your salary through commissions. The recruiter was a great help.

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate on hourly rate, but was told I would be justified with monthly commissions.

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medifast.

Interview

The initial contact is via email inviting you to a phone interview. The phone interview is conducted by an HR Screener so they won't be able to answer your questions about workplace culture. The next interview will be with your prospective supervisor/ District Manager. Next was job offer via telephone from HR.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. I expected questions about tracking business progress regularly.   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medifast in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was truly excellent. It was top notch and the overall process took about 3 weeks to be completed while it took awhile for my background check to come back due to me living out of town for my previous job

Interview Questions

• What would you do to change the atmosphere and increase business   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. I started high, they started low and then we met somewhere in the middle

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Medifast.

Interview

The HR person emailed they were not interested, and then 4 hours later asked me for an interview? When I spoke to her she was "catty" and aggressive, disparaging about my work experience and looking for things in everything I was saying.

Interview Questions

• None- other than it would not matter what I said the HR Recruiter was determined to eliminate me.   1 Answer

I knew that the HR person was trying to eliminate me for some reason so I decided to stop the interview and thanked her for her time and asked her to remove me from consideration.

Medifast Response

Aug 27, 2014Recruiting Manager

As the Recruiting Manager here with Medifast, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with one of the Recruiters here. The manner in which the interview was scheduled and conducted does not ... More

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Medifast.

Interview

A responding email and then phone interview.

Interview Questions

• If re-locating within 2 to three weeks was feasible. (It wasn't.)   Answer Question

They required relocation within 2-3 weeks cross country, with no relocation expenses covered.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medifast in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process starts off with a phone interview with somebody from HR. Then there are two face to face interviews. You meet with another rep from HR and somebody from your management team. One you get through that the training is extensive.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel capable of selling programs that cost around $3000?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Everything I asked for and was promised was declined later or "company policy" all of a sudden changed.