Medifast Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medifast.

Interview

The interview was scheduled through a representative in HR. It went well at first i took a tour of the lab and the facility and they asked me questions about my experience and why i want to work there. It took them a while to follow up so I had to make an effort to maintain communication with them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Medifast in August 2015.

Interview

Spoke with one manager who was friendly and gave me alot of information about my work duties. She asked for another interview and I was hired immediately. I got alot of positive information and the people were also friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Come in with a list of things you need before you can start. If all or most of those questions are ok with you then accept the position.

Weight Loss Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medifast (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Was ok same thing every one does. Felt like they were more concerned about what they said than my answers. Dog and pony show. Look how pretty we are and how great we are

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medifast (Owings Mills, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR - basically asking about my experience, my resume. Got an email two days later asking me to schedule a face-to-face interview. Standard interview about previous experience and technical skills. Seemed like nice people, but I did not get a call back, even after emailing to find out the outcome of the interview (which I already figured out!) I didn't get a response.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medifast (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Medifast has a well organized recruiting process that includes a 30 minute phone screen, a 1 hour first interview and a two hour second interview (1 hour each with two different people). They also perform a comprehensive background check (credit score, criminal history, etc.) as well as a pre-employment drug test.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions - walk me though your work history, tell me about a time where a project did not go well, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Medifast has flexibility in their compensation package.

Weight Loss Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medifast (Chandler, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I started with a phone interview to review my resume. From there I was asked to come in for an interview. Upon arrival I was asked to fill out an application with the same information they already had. I meant the recruiter and manager for a time of discussing my qualifications and thoughts on weight loss. They then had me return to the lobby to fill out a form with my thoughts on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts when you see someone who wants to lose weight? Have you helped anyone lose weight?   Answer Question

Very low pay and little room for growth

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medifast in November 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with a very young girl that said things like this that and the other during the phone interview. All I could think is she's in charge of hiring me okaaaay. Interview was easy it was like talking to a child at the roller skating rink. Omg look at her hair....*valley girl voice"

Interview Questions

• Same questions as a typical Interview but seems as if she was reading these questions from a piece of paper. She wasn't skilled enough to remember these questions.   1 Answer

Senior Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medifast.

Interview

Hiring process was excellent. They do an excellent job selling their company and giving you hope that you will be making most of your salary through commissions. The recruiter was a great help.

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate on hourly rate, but was told I would be justified with monthly commissions.

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medifast.

Interview

The initial contact is via email inviting you to a phone interview. The phone interview is conducted by an HR Screener so they won't be able to answer your questions about workplace culture. The next interview will be with your prospective supervisor/ District Manager. Next was job offer via telephone from HR.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. I expected questions about tracking business progress regularly.   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medifast in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was truly excellent. It was top notch and the overall process took about 3 weeks to be completed while it took awhile for my background check to come back due to me living out of town for my previous job

Interview Questions

• What would you do to change the atmosphere and increase business   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. I started high, they started low and then we met somewhere in the middle