Meditech Applications Specialist Interview Questions in Boston, MA

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech in May 2014.

First interview one on one with a recruiter. Very easy, general questions, make sure to ask for a second interview because they look for passion. Second interview, you are placed in a conference room with approximatly 7 people, from all different parts of the process. You are asked to develop a project beforehand, and present on it. The information matters, they are not just looking at your presentation skills! it is a 2 step interview process.

Interview Questions
  • They really didnt ask too many tough questions, the hardest thing about it is the waiting period. getting through 2 interviews and a decision to hire or not took almost 2 months.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meditech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech.

Phone interview and then one in person interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in August 2013.

Obtained a referral from a friend who worked at the company and submitted my application and resume through this friend. Initially I received an email after a few days saying they regretted to inform me that they wouldn't be hiring, but then they called me later that day saying the email was sent in error and they wanted me to come in. The rep from the recruiting department scheduled an interview three weeks in the future. The initial interview was fine, except they really harped on my college transcripts. I had been out of college for two years and already had another job at the time. It was four people at some managerial level. I was asked to prepare a ten minute presentation on any medical topic. It was mostly just to get a feel for my presentation skills and not about the content of the presentation so much. The interview lasted about 3 hours and at the end of it they had me fill out a few forms about background checks, reference verification, etc. I also had to write an essay about why I would be a good fit for the position, based on the detailed description of the position that they had given me during the interview. I got a call back a week later saying that the people I had interviewed with had decided to go in another direction but they wanted me to come back to interview with a different team. The second interview was two weeks later. It was with one regional manager and one person of unknown executive status who arrived late, stayed about ten minutes, then left to go to another meeting. This interview lasted about two hours. It was basically a repeat of the first interview. I did the same presentation and answered pretty much all the same questions. After this interview I felt pretty good, and I got a call the following week from recruiting offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • I had a withdrawal on my college transcript from a class that didn't matter to my degree during my senior year, and they asked me if this was an indication of an unwillingness to give effort to things that didn't strike me as particularly important. I understand the validity of the question but I just didn't expect them to give such close scrutiny to my college transcripts.   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation. They offered 40,800 and I could take it or leave it. I have a liberal arts degree so that's about what I can expect at this time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech.

The Hiring and Interview Process is intense. There are typically 2-4 interviews, and depending on the positions, most include a presentation on your choice of medical topic.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to promise that you will stay there for a certain amount of time - typically 2 or 3 years. That was unexpected.   View Answer
    They told me that the salary was not negotiable - and it was my first job, so there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in May 2012.

1. Submitted my resume, transcript, and Meditech general application to my college's career center for an On-Campus interview.

2. Heard back within a few days and scheduled an On-Campus interview with a Recruiter at the end of the following week. Recruiter was professional and asked general interview questions. Explained the position in some detail and the company culture.

3. Heard back 1.5-2 weeks later and scheduled an interview with a Group/Panel at their Framingham office. Met with a group of three people (who will be my supervisors/managers) and conducted a 10-15 PowerPoint presentation on any healthcare-related topic. (The topic is no so much the focus as your ability to give an informative and clear presentation.) Following the presentation they asked more specific question in relation to my resume experiences. One of the managers went into GREAT depth about the position and the company--travel, software basics. Following this, I was instructed to write a paragraph about my expectations of the job and the reasons why I would be a good fit.

4. Two weeks later I called to check-in and was told that my paperwork had went to the Hiring Groups and that there were conducting final interviews. I was told I should hear back within a week.

5. Called back the following week and was told that the Hiring Group was making their final decisions and that I would hear back the following week.

6. Called the next week and left a message with my case manager. She returned my call later that day and offered me the job.

Very long process--but if Meditech is where you want to be, it's worth it. They want to know you are willing to stick with the process and check-in periodically (The same way they would expect you to treat a client.)

Interview Questions
    Offer was given via phone with a formal offer mailed the following week. They are upfront about the starting salary, benefits, travel, and hours from the first interview--so there should be no surprise at their offer. No negotiation, I took the offer verbally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech in May 2012.

My first contact with the company happened at an on campus interview via a recruiter. this was your typical job interview with standard questions to judge character, followed by questions testing your knowledge of the company. Got a call back about 3 weeks later for second interview. Needed to prepare a 10 minute presentation on a healthcare topic of my choosing. Then there were more interview questions followed by a logic and written test. After that they said I should hear from then in about 2 weeks. However, got call the very next day for third interview. This interview was with senior management and simply consisted of conversations. Then waited for just over a month for the call back with the offer. Overall, long and frustrating interview process.

not negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in December 2011.

Was called by HR recruiter. Had 1:1 first interview. Got a call back for 2nd interview had to give a presentation. Waited about 4 weeks for an answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech in September 2011.

- Referred by current employee
    - Phone screening with HR
    - 1.5 hour In-Person interview with recruiting. Included a logic exam and essay question.
    - 3 hour interview with 6 people simultaneously. Also included me giving a 15 minute long presentation on the healthcare topic of my choice. Also included a logic test and short essay questions.
    - Final interview with the Director. Not difficult or scary. Basically told me I would be getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a tree, what kind would you be.   View Answer
    • Describe "Common Sense" without using either of the words Common or Sense.   Answer Question
    No negotiation is tolerated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Meditech in November 2010.

Most employees are referred by existing employees. They only promote from within. Don't bother applying if you don't hold a college degree. They hire mostly college grads who don't have other work experience. Phone interview and initial interview by recruiter. Group interview by supervisors. 1-1 interview with manager. Standard interview questions. You must do a presentation as this position requires customer presentations. You will take a test that focuses on your writing skills as most customer contact is via the web.

No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in August 2010.

The first interview was a one on one interview with the recruiting (not actually human resources) group. Being right out of college, they asked me mostly behavioral questions and a little about the company. This was a pretty basic and straightforward interview. If you research the company a bit and ready to answer some of the basic interview questions, you should be fine on this one.

The next interview was to present to a group that I would be working with. I had to prepare a 15 minute presentation with the group that I would ultimately be working with. This was a presentation on any healthcare-related topic. 15 minutes isn't too long, so if you run through the interview a few times until you've got it at home, again, you should be good here.

Then you need to answer some behavioral questions again. They may talk to you about what you'd be doing a bit, show some positiveness to this. Be prepared again to answer the basic questions..'tell us about a difficult situation when...', 'where would you like to be in 5 years'.

The groups can vary in how 'intense' they are. Once you end up sitting down and working with the people, they are a lot more easy-going than how they made you feel about them in the interview.